Animation Extraction Tool

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Kashluk

Animation Extraction Tool

Post by Kashluk »

I wanted to extract some other than just the FRM-files... Or I mean I can extract the animations, like with FRM FallOut2 Converter, but the images won't move :?

I only get still shots from people showing their backs at me. It's annoying.

So if anyone knew a trick & tool how to *rip* some animations off from FO1 and 2, I would really appriciate it!
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Red!Viewer can save each frame into TGA format since version 1.6.0.3 :)
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

The problem is that you have the RedViewer in ACE-package... And my ACE-extractor tells that your files are corrupted. So that's why I can't use it.

Please, if you could wrap it up in .zip-format and e-mail it to VPEKKALA@SAUNALAHTI.FI, I would be very very thankful!
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

last I checked Red didn't read FRMs...
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Red

Post by Red »

Obviously last you checked was either a long time ago or you simply didn't do it properly. It reads FRMs perfectly. As for it being corrupt, I highly doubt that, plenty of people already downloaded it... D'you use winace or winrar?
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

I just got the latest version.... I dunno why, but I'm having problems with it. It shows the frames and directions, but nothing shows up for frms... for every other kind of file, but not frms...
In Software rendering mode I get a black shadow, in DirectX I get nothing at all. Seems that eithor my computer is fuqd as per usual, or the new rendering option has done something to the ability to work with frms.... but I tried it once, then I restarted and tried again, and it's the same thing... so...
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

oh... and another thing... when I turn alpha off in software mode i get a big black box... in DirectX, it's still all grey...
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

nm.... figured it out... I hadn't loaded the palette...
Red

Post by Red »

I should popup a dialog I guess if no palette is loaded...

Then again I plan on including the default palette instead and use it when none is loaded...
Our Host!