The Witcher

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Gimp Mask wrote::salute: emotionally charged adventure :salute:
yea I lolled a bit too :chuckel:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

PiP wrote:new details
  • emotionally charged adventure
    three independent plots
    several alternative events depending on the player’s actions.
    Sex and eroticism will also be key (...) in a much more realistic, involving and mature way
    no FedEx missions
    more story-connected quests.
    extensive non-linearity
    advanced gameplay mechanics,� meaning any allies you meet during the main plot will show “new and diverse possibilities and threads�.
    enhanced character development, with customisation decisions affecting the different types of gameplay experiences,
    battle enemies that have “a fixed difficulty level�.
    “unique, intuitive combat system� which brings together a massive list of “tactical elements�
Plenty of promises, but will Witcher 2 deliver? I doubt it, I doubt it very much. Being charged emotionally reads like Notebook in my eyes. Extensive non-linearity sounds an awful lot like Oblivion. Enhanced character developement means Sims 4.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

The Sims ? I was hoping for a system more closely resembling that of Fable . . .

How disappointing. :drunk:
PiP

Post by PiP »

cheap talk is cheap talk but there is at least one promising thing - with the first Witcher they proved that they can make a pure-PC RPG and make pretty big money, so this time devs can be more daring and have more freedom, as the pressure to appeal to general public by making a run-off-the-mill product won't be so big.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Yeah, I wouldn't call The Witcher a hardcore RPG or anything, but it's not nearly as compromised as say Bethesda or Bioware fare. The Whitcher actually had a pair of balls on it.

I like the dark, low fantasy setting, as opposed to that high fantasy TES shit with white knights on horseback and all that tired, cliche shit. It has an edge to it, something that can't be said about anything done by Bioware or Todd Howard could make.

Todd Howard is about as edgy as milk and cookies.
Our Host!