Call for Power... and Darkness

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

Darkness overhelms my soul... hatred blinds my sight... tiredness welcomes my mind... All this problems with registration on vault-tec is making me crasy and sad. New story awaits...

I'll begin tomorrow. I need to relax a little...
World of FO is coming... too fast for my liking
Lianora Beró
Regular
Regular

Post by Lianora Beró »

You do that Fol you have deserved it :D Take you time and develope your story, characters and plot. I will do the same
Knight Commander Lianora Beró: BOS Special Night Ops.
===================
War, war never changes, untill she changed it.
===================
"That takes a fourteen shot clip
You expecting an army?"
"No...just a division"
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

It's time to begin, I think. I hate to wait or leave unfinished work... rest is good, but work must be done to get a rest. :D My hatred gives my strength and my dark mood gives in inspiration... Real, I have nothing to do now anyway :( All my plans are falling rapidly into ruins. It is raining, all familiars are busy. All I have left to do is to sleep or watch blasted TV... not very good choice. :)

It will be pre-war story about fools, who found powers, they couldn't handle. It will be serious story. As serious, as FO world can handle - I like FO world for it's combination of harsh serious attitude and good dark humour. This is exactly what I need. It reflects all my sides. Place of Action - America... southern parts, Los Angeles - city of fallen angels. I was there one time - good place - drugs, crimes... dark streets. Suits nicely for a start point. Time line - last pre-war days, war and first days of the end... I really like this theme - chaos, fear... I heard and read a lot about this stuff before WW 2 and now I'll try to express it. Sure, my English is a problem, but all goes with it's costs...

This story willn't be long - 10 chapters, no more... I don't want to sharp my fangs on it... er, my nickname in real life is cat(male, hehe :) ), so sorry if I am wailing or licking my ass. All cats like to do it. Main plot and characters willn't be very difficult. In my last story I used too compicated storyline. I used too much feelings... Now all will be easy and calm - he will go there... he will do this thing... no secrets. I'll try describe the surroundings, not the action of this story. I'll finish this story for a several days. It willn't be very difficult. Most dificult is to start one, final is not a problem. Damn, chapter 14 of the last story is lieing somewhere near, but I don't think that I'll waste my time on it. This story is finished, new one awaits...

So, the strory is called "Call for Power... and Darkness." - It is evening - my favorite day time, it is raining a little - excellent weather, my dark mood is leaving me with every minute - story is flowing like a river. I hear quiet muttering of frightened citizens... I see unclear shadows of future deeds... Imagination is powerful force... It's time to begin my story.
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

Part 1 - Breath of War

Chapter 1 - Bad day.

"Blasted thingy..." - young man looked at his smocking computer and sighed deeply. This ancient crap of 20th centery didn't want to work with modern connections. He tried to upload it for some time, but it was as useless, as trying to run some program on it...

Man looked at this stuff and hit the board with hatred. All was for nothing - several days of work...
"What a hell?" - man sighed with disappiontment and drank a cup of coffee. Some words arose in his mind - "Neeescaaafeeeee". Cold coffee became cold and untasty. Several bugs and flies were swimming happyly down there... Blasted bugs. It was a hot summer. So-called global warming were working nicely. Young man looked around.

Small room, where he was staying were located on a first floor of 4-floored building. It's dark, old walls were crumbling into dust. There were signs of ages everywhere. It looked like that this house was just the same age, as owner of that house - fucking old moron, who was talking endlessly about wars... WW2, Vietnam, Iran... China, Canada, Brazil... all these wars in the begining of 21th centery. Young man looked around with caution and left the room.

It was a hot day... rainy one. Sun and rain were changing it'e roles every time. All sorts of bugs - mutated one, clones, robots were tormenting the population of the city. Young man looked at it and smiled grimly - two citizens were discussing this "mysterious event":
"This is fault of Europe... or China... I heard that they are developing new sorts of weapons!" - one of them were muttering. The other one answered something to him, but a man didn't hear it. Well, he didn't want to hear it.

The day was good. The sun was rising slowly from the horizon. The air was hot even without it, but now it was going to become a real hell. To tell the truth, young man didn't want to leave calmness of his dark and safe room, but he had business to do. He looked at the street and sighed freely. The air was fresh... fresh enough for these parts. Blasted factories were taking all air for their precious military production.
"Nuclear clean energy... Oh yeah" - he grined and left his home. Only now he began to understand how close was his room. He spent there several days and now felt easy headache... Well, this city was not the best place to look for a fresh air. Of course, one could buy Nuka-Cola or Fresh air in the bottles. Some "genious" were selling it quiet good...

"Hey, Nick... Do you want to catch fallen agnel? I have one down here..." - one "woman" came to Nick, those it was harder difficult to say fo sure. Young man looked at her and smiled - surely, fallen angel would look like her. May be several centeries ago she would be a good worker or entertainer... but now. One word were arising in his memory, that were pushing all other feelings - hermophrodit... Nick grined. One time he found out what was his momy hiding and after than he began to dislike all that stuff...
"As you wish... asshole." - er, woman returned to her place near the street. She was nice for her... but... These feelings began to worry Nick. He grined and muttered:
"I'd better visit doc soon. All these problems will surely finish me." - he left this street and joined mass of people, caming trough crowded street of large metropolis - Los Angeles... city of fallen or lost angels.

Life was flowing from every part of this huge city - large old buildings - skyscrapers - new small buildings with large underground floors. Now people were diging into the earth like molerat... Though it was not noticed at first sight, the breath of war was felt in everywhere... People were runing from place to place like ants, they were busy with they own businesses. Future or not, everybody had to eat... They'll have time to worry, when they'll get vacation. Most of the people were wanting to think like that, but Nick began to notice worry looks more often. People were looking at each other grimly... were reading at newspapers with uneasy... were discussing news quietly, looking around with suspicious.
"Brave American boys... Join army of USA to protect our glorious homeland in all reaches of the world. Your country needs you!" - all these TV-based signed were really annoying. Nick grined and continued his journey, before him was lieing the point of his small journey - III - Intelegence Invistigation Icorporation... his "beloved" job...

These chapters willn't be long. I am rather tired to post a lot... May be later they will became longer.
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

Chapter 2 - Signs of problems

Nick stoped for a while and looked at this building. It's dark cover was gleaming in the dawn. Coloures of blue and green, coloures of that corporation were runing by it, catching sun ray. Glass and iron were almost unseen - this new cover from petrolium was making it very impressive... This building was standing among small structures, as large black tooth. All it's 89 stores were full of people... full of live. It looked forward without fear - no rumours or fear could broke it. At least most of it's workers wanted to believe in it.

Technology... oh yeah, technology - savior of humanhood - made a grand steps. A lot of nuclear cars... a lot of new, powerful weapons... new growing rapidly demands. What was a real result of it for sure was only one fact. Nick looked at crowd, standing near him. He was unsure that he was surrounded by common people - mutated ones, cyborgs, half-citizens(I mean half-citizens - another part of them was mechanical). Of course, Nick wasn't robothater or mutihater. There were a lot of radiation and accidnetal faults in that time in spite of all it's technology - most of them had to take all that stuff... Well, nobody complained about it - it was much more easier. But now they were property of corporations... law about technological rights - "owner of tech device should be placed on special account of firm... for detailed help..." - slavery will be more correct.
"Well, welcome 22th centery... I am waiting for you" - Nick smiled grimly. He looked at his watch-computer and smile disappeared from his face. There were 22 Jule 2077 11.43 am... He had to wait for a half an hour to start his work. Well, he'd take a small walk.

This parts of Los Angeles didn't changed from it's very foundation. Dark streets, suspicious looks... It was called Old Town. Nick liked this places. There were no false or lie - if somebody don't like you he simply cut your throat. Nothing more. This places were not the richest ones. Large buildings and prosperity were left somewhere behind. Here you could see poor life, real fear... and price of progress.

Nick stoped near one of the old-half deserted homes. Long time ago it was his own home... very long time ago. Several years have passed, but nothing has changed:
"And nothing will change..." - he muttered quietly. Dark, dirty streets were looking at him from all sides. It was morning, but high building of nearby commercial regions were closing the sun. Sometimes Nick thought that it was made specially to hide this misery... but soon he understood, that it was nothing. Nobody was simply interested in it.

Price of progress... all filth of South were gathering here or were going down into the sewers. Crippled, mutated ones, cyborgs, runing from their owners. They all were coming there to drown their sorrows in mug of beer... Even alcohole was dark and dirty there... and was glowing somethimes. Hell yes, radiation was leaking in every corner... Smart drivers were crashing their cars or throwing away used uranium fuel directly to the streets - who cares about it? To get it to waste dumps were too troublesome... and who wanted to spend their time on that junk?! Even government stoped it's programs to clean the streets - it was too dangrous to clean it and defend themselfes from mutated creatures, roaming them...

Hot air was hanging motionlessly in a narrow, small streets among piles of junk and radioactive wastes. Several carcases of rusted cars... signs of another eaten man. All the same. Nick looked at his gun - all-powered laser pistol. To get one was even more easy, than to create nuke... it was good that their governmet was kind enough to share it's supplies of weaponry with everybody. Nobody want to talk about it, but there were rumours that war...

Rumours... rumours... all that stuff were runing in the air, as bloodsucking insects in their air. A lot of junk were attracting hordes of these bastards - they were bringing a whole bunch on old and new desease - cancer, LTD, biological viruses and cybernetical parasits alike... Remains of old wars... Thousands of people were dieing every day, but who cares about it? The Earth was overpopulated. There were not enough food even for the healthy ones and there were growing new and new generations. Countries were creating new armies of clones, taking food from common people. Corporations were slowly taking control over everything - money became the most important stuff... and very rare. Resources were finally over and oil corporations shut down almost every project of new sources of power. Welcome to 22th centery...

Rumours... Nick left a small unligtened streets and entered rather crowded broad street - this one was the main street of an old city. It was almost clean... except piles of shit all over, but it was a small inconvenience. There were rather safe - several guards were seen nearby, so one could feel himself safe from all creatures of sewers... but people here were even more dangerous than ever. Rumours were runing like a fire. Fear and panic were felt here quiet clearly:
"WAR... war is coming... again." - news were coming one is worser than another.

In the small light of street lamps were dancing strange shadows. Darkness were giving strange expressions to the faces of people... fear, hatred, panic. They were siting, walking slowly, muttering about something. Most of them would surely die tomorrow, but they continuted to struggle for life... at least they pretended that they were alive... Or were they alive and the people in rich parts were dead? Nick grined. When did he begin to think like some freaking philosopher?!

News were coming one is worser than another - deseases, conflicts, starvation... Governments were trying to control the situation, but corporation began to push the thingy - resources were drained, mother nature was as clear as nun. Now a new war was ready to begin... America... China... Europe... Every country were looking at each other as a predator on it's prey... And now it would be not a play - several days of war and peace had passed. Now it would be real war... war for destruction.

Nick looked at his watch - it was time to return. He threw a last look at this street and left slowly. Some bad news were waiting for him on his job... He was sure in it...

Chapter 3 - Nuclear greetings

Nick was coming by the streets, full of people again. This part of town was light and clean, as always. People were hurry by their businesses, everybody was busy... Time was runing out. Young man looked at watch. He spent too much time in old city. Now he would have to hurry. He tried to catch a taxi, but it was as imossible, as catch horse down there. Nick blasted this stuff and continued his way by runing.

May be he was wrong, but he noticed that everybody became more agited. People were looking at him and each other with hatred. Only several hours had passed, but Nick began to notice nervousity. One women near him began to shout at her child without point. Another man only was waiting a purpose to start fight. One could even notice how was playing his msucels... Fear. It was growing like snowball...

Nick stoped near large mechanic clock - It was broken, as always... but he could be sure, that they would show the same time. Young man looked at it and grined - at least something would remain after all this shit. He looked at TV-sign near it and listened last news. Several of common people stoped and joined him in this business.

All was the same - nicely looking woman with sweet voice was reading last news - small conflict in the sea... misunderstanding near Calcuta... riots in south Vengria. Suddenly he Nick noticed that people were waiting for something nervously. It looked like that they new something, that was not very pleasant to talk about. Rumours... they wanted to hear that rumours were untruth... But it looked like that they finally heard what they wanted to hear. TV-sign changed the colour and appeared some sort of meeting. Nick heard last words of correspondent:
"... gathering is failed. Sides couldn't accept the wishes of each other, but it doesn't mean that war is inevitable..." - people began to went away with hurry. Soon enough Nick was left alone. He was standing and listening all that TV-crap, but only one thing was runing in his mind... war. Everything else seemed so unimportant and pointless.
"May be I should try to join one of these Vault..." - he muttered and grined "No, Nicky, now even Devil willn't save you ass." - he turned around and continued his journey. The work was somewhere near and he had to work to get money...

Breath of war was felt in this building. People tried not to talk about it, but Nick noticed fear in every sight. Every man, he saw, was asking himself "Why? Why is it happening? It will bring nothing..." but there were no answer. Nuclear warn wasn't sounded yet... but everybody knew what will happen. May be not now, but soon... Nick looked at the boy, siting near him. He was no interested in all other world - something was happening down there, but it was far away. Who cares what will happen than. Now he wanted to get some fun:
"Sorry, mr, but I can't take such responsobility... if you want to get intellegent boost, you'd better go to the main office. I am only supporter, not supervisor of that project..." - boy left him alone and Nick sighed deeply:
"Another would-be drug-addicted genious. Where are they coming from? Are they cloning or what?!" - his friend came closer and said seriously:
"You'd better shut up. This stuff is serious. If somebody will hear about it, you can kiss your ass and fly away from here as fast, as one..." - he stoped for a while and lower his voice - "War is near. Corporation needs all their brainmaniacs too save their sorry asses... Some say that they are working under some secret project for government... some sort of biological weapon..." - he quickly turned around, but noticed nothing. Than he looked at Nick with warn and returned at his place. Nick smiled:
"Sure... government. People sing all that stuff all the time. I hear about it too often for a secret weapon..." - Nick yawned and looked at watch. It was evening already. Time was passing so quickly. Well, may be everything was not so bad... Working day is over, now it's time to relax. Our fucking planet survived dozens of wars... surely it will surive and this one...

Will it survive this one too? - Nick looked at column of soldiers, marching by the street... Thier weapons, their venichle... it was ready for a fight. This stuff was not another parade. It was something worser - streets were empty. People disappeared somewhere... Like in a dead ant-hill, Nick was coming by the empty streets. With surprise he was looking around, searching for a signs of life, but all was dead. What was it? Neutron bombs hit or something else... Nick couldn't belive that all was real and looked at his back, where did he left his job... and soldiers. Army by army, soldiers were marching to the north... and huge dark colum of this building was following them with it's windows-eyes... Weapons were flashing in evening sun, hot air was sending it's warm kiss... Nobody would see them again, nobody would left to wait them... they will be unnamed defenders of forgotten war...

Nick returned to his home and noticed that it was full of people. Usually everybody tried to stay outdoors - the heat was terrible - but now all was wrong. People were grim and even more nervous than usual. They were silent and were listening for an old TV-set uneasy. Nick came closer and looked at the program... There was going historical program about war... It was WW 2. Young man looked at them with surprise - Was it so interesting to look at with attitude... Suddenly he noticed something new... It was their bay, their harbour. He heard the words:
"Today is historical day. Many years ago this waters were the witnesses of heroic deeds of our boys... not, not boys - men! They were fighting with evil and time has come to challange it again. War was declared. Act of outrage was commited - America don't want to start war, but we willn't hide from it! First transport of soldiers is now going from out southern borders..." - the report was long, but Nick understood the meaning of it.
"So, War is coming..? Ha ha, where is my old gun..." - owner of the house took his stick and cried angryly - "Follow me, boys. I'll lead you to victory" - time was harsh to his mind, though his heart was strong enough...

Nick looked at the people around him. They were silent and grim. Only one word could be seen on their faces - expreson of fear and hatred, expression of pain and suffer, expression of death and chaos... expression of war.
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

Well, the sun is shining again and I am happy :D Sea shore and good summer day - what can be better?! 8) I think I'll take a small rest after this story - summer is ending... as my vacations too. I need a rest at least for a week. Cold autumn is looking at my back. See ya later... but first I must end this story.

I've just got FO Bible 6... Very useful stuff, I must say... This guy surely was nice enough to answer all bunchs of questions. Fan fic writer can find a lot of useful information there - I noticed at least dozen of would-be stories in this bible - Who is Ed? What has happened with Tanker? How was Arroyo founded? Who is this Sasha-dog..? Hm, may be I should send several questions to him? Oh, what a hell - with my luck and knowledge of internet stuff I'll smash his mailbox into dust... :? Anyway, all this stuff contains tons of useful information - I am too lazy to search it all on my own - I'll need to get the first issues too. Ok, and now about story... I wonder who I am talking with all the time here? :) express my ideas, I think...

Part 2 - Dance of Horror

Chapter 4 - Silence of war

Breath of salt wind was felt there. The sun was shining brightly. It was high in the sky and fresh, cool air of the sea was welcoming every live soul in it's reaches. Nick was lieing calmly on the sand beach and was looking after the sea. Several sea-gulls were seen in the sky - it was blue and clear. Small white clouds were crawling slowly to the north. It was quiet and calm there. Nothing were disturbing it's rest - quiet muttering of sea, relaxing light blows of warm wind... Nick was resting and relaxing. Nothing were telling about stuff, that were happening near.

Nick stood up and sighed deeply. It was evening already - days were runing so fast... espesially if you want to forget about what was happening. War... war had been going for several weeks already. There were soldiers and weapons... and more soldiers. They were passing through the city every day... they were coming to the north. Signs of war and fear wasn't seen on thier faces. They were cheerful and smile could be seen on their faces, but one could notice that it was nothing... play for common people. Their tired, red eyes... their nervous, quiet voices... the war was coming. It was not a joke. Nuclear weapons, laser and plasma... biological stuff. All this weaponry could be seen in their trucks. It was going to be a full-story war.

Nick smiled grimly and lay again on the warm, soft sand. The weather like this didn't happen for a long time - constant rains or hot weather were tormenting them for many months, though the sea shore was almost empty. Nobody dared to visit this deadly place - many years ago this beach was one of the most popular places of resting, but now it was dead. Black lifeless water greeted every visitor with it's faint odour. Light gleaming in the night and several dead fishes were not attracting people to join them. Pollution... thanks to megacorporations this city became lifeless waste toxic dump... Nick tried not to notice piles of trash nearby... he tried not to listen cries of thousands of soldiers, who was loading to the ships... Their distanation was a mystery to most of people... and them too. Order is order.

Nick looked at the sky with smile. It was a good day... good day to forget about everything. War was runing somewhere down there, numerous rumours about it were runing all the time, but there were no clear news. TV was praising american weaponry and were talking about the wise decision of Canada to "join" mighty America... but no news about war... about war from abroad. Somebody was saying that war had consumed Europe and Asia already... Africa and Australia were ready to join the party. But nothing were known for sure... Well, Nick was satisfied with it. Nothing had changed since the time, when the war was announced. His corporation worked as always. Several of his friends disappeared in the case of emergency - important military order... there were rumours that they were sent in some secret base to work over some project. Rumours... always rumours. Nick's very "talkative" friend disappeared too, but it didn't concerned him much - all was runing rather smoothy. He was working and living as always. His membership in important corporation made his life quite pleasant... and now he got a several days for a rest. It was surely very nice - a good chance to relax. All this rumours were disturbing him very much...

Sun was setting slowly. The wind became little colder, though it was warm all the same. The night would be even more better than day - day's heat disappeared, fresh salt air was refreshing tired sunburnt skin... calm cries of sea-gulls were calming one's soul. Nothing bothered Nick again - another transport ship set sailed and new hadn't arrived yet. All was calm - no growls of trucks, no cries of angry sergeants... only quiet and calm sounds of the sea. Waves were muttering unclear song, night was coming closer with it's gentle, soft moves... The sky began to turn yellow, than red and dark-blue - sunset coloured clouds and calm sea into the majestic, beatiful colours. Even Nick stoped for a while to look at it. He wanted to leave the shore - he had to do something more, but he decided to wait a little more - what could be more beatiful, than this?!

Darkness was coming slowly. It's quiet coming wan't noticed by large shadow of the city. It's faint lights and noises were almost unseen from the breach. All hurry and worries were left in the city - docks and old city was consumed by darkness of the night. Nick looked at the sky and smiled - he felt a rest... darkness was consuming him with it's soft embrace. it was not an enemy, but good and well-known friends:
"Why should I leave... I'll sit here a little more..." - Nick muttered sleepy and fell to sleep.

Chapter 5 - Unknown soldiers

Nick was runing down the street... he was runing from the dark fire, that was runing after him. Buildings, people... it looked like everybody didn't notice this fire, but when it was coming closer it was too late. Thier cries of horror, their begs for mercy. Nick tried not to hear it, but it was following him all the runing... The streets were twisting like a snakes, earth was runing from his foots, but Nick continued to run - he was felt heat of the fire behind him, he felt breath of burnt flesh... and suddenly noticed that he was firing. Dark fire was consuming him with terrible speed, but he continuned to run. The flame was wailing all around, he felt that last pieces of his flesh were leaving his bones, but he continued to run...

Darkness... all what he saw now was darkness... and terrible coldness. It looked like that sun went out and stars disappeared in the endless reaches of sky. Now it was gleaming with it's cold darkness from the highs... unclear shadows of ruined buildings were seen around him... and shadows. Alive shadows from another world. They were coming from darkness itself and were joining this strange world. Nick came closer... he began to see this creatures - nasty skinless things. They were moaning and growling. Many of them looked like people, but were so ugly. It looked like that they were coming from burning pits of hell itself - their bodies had marks of terrible fire, many of them had no eyes or ears... These creatures were walking pointlessly in the ruins of unknown city, though it looked like that Nick knew this places long time ago. Nick noticed dust... and dirt. This place, where they were, was deserted for many years. It looked like that this fire, he saw at the first, happened here... but long time ago. Now this city was deserted by people... only these strange creatures, consumed by their own misery, were living down there... It was strange, that nobody noticed appearnce of the human. Nick looked at his hands - they were hurting a little... and this strange coldness. In the darkness it was hard to noitce something, but than he suddenly noticed terrible skinless claws near his face. It's burnt skin were hanging as ugly pieces on it. Numerous insects were crawling by it... Nick cried and tried to defend himself, but the claws came closer. He tried to do something... but this horror was seen directly near his face... Suddenly he realised that it was his limbs... it was his "hands"... he was this creature... this "ghoul"...

Nick cried in terror and woke up. The night was calm and quiet. Moon light was lightening all the sea shore, one can see clearly for many miles... Sea was quiet, wind was blowing gently... It was a dream... Nick smiled nervously and laughed easily:
"It was a dream..." - he muttered, trying to convince himself in it. Everything was so real - feelings, buildings... pain. He looked at the city behind him, trying to make sure that it was unreal... and shuddered. Los Angeles was standing behind him as silent giant. There were heard no cries... no lights were seen in it's dark windows... Now it looked like at this strange city in his dream... his shadows, his unclear buildings... Nick smiled nervously:
"It was a dream... Only a dream..." - he stood up and prepared to go home. Nick threw the last look at the breach - there were no signs of soldiers there. Sea was clear, sea shore kept only tracks of heavy trucks and heavy vehicle on it's sand... and even it was clearing quickly by wind and sea waves. He sighed and turned around - even dream couldn't give him a rest now. He saw the same dream for several days now.

"It was difficult to find you there, pal..." - Nick suddenly heard a loud voice. He was leaving a beach, when he suddenly heard it. There were felt power in this voice. The owner of it got used to be followed. Nick looked at this person and gave a start - it was another "member of secret police"... or MSP. They were spies and main intellegent force of most corporations... part of governmental security force, but more... secretive and owned by single corporations... their lackeys and man-in-power.

Nick looked at this person more attentivly. It was rather dark, though the moon was shining brightly. He tried to notice what was the colour of cloths of that person - every MSP had the coloures of his corporation. If it had different coloures, than coloures of his corporation, it promised to be a big problems - this guys were looking for information about other corporations... and usually they were not offended even by kidnapping or murder. That's why Nick felt worry now - this person was covered by strange, unnatural shadows and were looking after him. Young man tried to recognize him, but all was useless. He began to look after his gun:
"Oh, no, no... you needn't be worry... Let me turn off this cloaking device..." - shadows disappeared and Nick noticed young woman before him. She was surely too young for MSP... and not so experienced in it. Nick looked at her cloths - an ordinary cheap suit... there were seen clearly colours of green and blue on it - colours of III.
"New toys of MSP are amusing..." - he muttered with sarcasm and looked at this woman. She was rather pretty and didn't looked like a right person for this job:
"What can I do for you, miss?" - he began with caution, though he didn't put away arm from his gun. This woman came closer and said seriously:
"Your country need you..." - Nick grined. He didn't know that now these guys were waiting for his victims to throw them into scales of war on the streets... He tried not to laugh, but smile appear on his face.
"I am sorry, miss... but are you sure, that it is your job... and that I am right person. You are wearing clothes of..." - he became silent and looked in the darkness. He noticed a new ship... this one was as quiet as a ghost and was loading something new... warheads. Advanced nuclear weapons of terrible power - thermo-nuclear energy - everything else were toys against it.

Woman looked at this man and laughed nervously. It was her first mission. There were not enough people in her department and she was summouned from school of MSPs... She knew that she must be powerful and sure, but it was hard for her... She began again:
"This is your honorable duty! And turn away your fucking head from this turn - this is secret operation." - Nick looked at her grimly:
"This is nuclear warheads. Is it so serious..?" - she looked at him with confusion. Surely, she though that it would happen in some other turn... Young woman had nothing to answer, so she looked at him and muttered something unclearly:
"Everything... is fine... too much... fear... casualties..." - all was clear. Nick looked at her and smiled. She smiled to him in response and said calmly:
"Sorry, it's my first task - nervous work and all that stuff. I've heard recent news... " - she stoped for a while and than continued - "anyway, I brought you important news - you are chosen to take a special mission... as I said, your country needs you."

Unknown soldiers, as everybody were calling these guys... they lost a lot in recent weeks. All looked calm, but it was only a calm before the storm. War was only rising it's fire wings over the world... And Miria knew finely about it. She looked at this fella - it was a wise choice to take him, he thought and smiled. He surely know what to do. She was leading Nick to the main building of III, located in northern parts of Los Angeles... It was a small, old building and everybody didn't understand why they needed to take their quarter house in such place... Vault 1 - it took place in it's foundation and it was so convinient to control it.

"Blasted mutation is growing rapidly... it is a big problem already. Beasts became agitated... common people are afraid of..." - Nick was hearing her, but he was worried by something else - what a hell they wanted from him? He was a simple supporter... May be they want to make another laboratory rat from his sorry ass. He heard that many soldier "agreed" to test new biological improvments and drugs...

Chapter 6 - Muttering of Thunder

Nick looked at this woman. She was too rather confused, but sure in her strength. Suddenly, he realised that he even didn't know her name... or ID number. It was rather strange for their kind - ID is all, that government could give us. To give everyhting else was a job of corporation... and these MSP were very proud of such power. It looked like that she hadn't felt taste of power yet... Poor girl. Nick was the same age as she was, but smiled with sorry.

They were standing near the enterance to the head quaters of their corporation. Everything was calm outside, but it was only visible calmness. Everything was much more worser... Nick was hearing her and was begining to realise the situation. Miria liked to talk and she found a good listener in Nick. She was talking about everything - weather, city problems, war, chaos in economic and production - she knew that she shouldn't do it, but she wanted to talk at least with somebody about it. It had been tormenting her for several monthes already. Every day, when she saw the world, crumbling into ashes, she wanted to talk with somebody, but there were only lifeless robot and guards, who were far less alive than robots itself - new program of developing endurance... or simple brain washing worked all the time... Now Miria found a source to share her worries with - all her friends by the school, teachers... boss. She knew that she would be knocked out from the corporation for a minor problems and such sin, as talkative person, was much worser... It was her salvation, that she found Nick...

Young man was standing near the office and was listening her with grim expression - conflicts, deseases, mutation... all was truth. Rumours were truth, but it was so terrible, that people didn't want to believe in it:
"You know - radiation in our city has grown in dozens of times... several of that mutated things were noticed in downtown. Population is changing -now if you have normal child - two eyes, two hands and clear sexual signs, you can think that you are lucky. Parents now are making child to himself from pile of radioactive crap, that appearing from their... Only high-tech is capable to create something nice from that stuff... Robots are becoming agitated too... Strange viruses are plagueing city... news from abroad and nearby cities are not very good too. Deseases, panic... people began to leave cities... they are heading to the north... and south. They are hope to hide in Vaults or mines. Suicide... Everybody that remained, are hoping that this ancient crap - SDI - Strategic Defense Initiative will save us... Soon enough so much nukes will be used, that world will be cocked like big blue egg... and these new weapons... This is horrible..." - Nick was listening her with grim attention. He wanted to know truth. Now he knew it.

"So, I think it's time to go in..." - Miria stated with satisfaction. It looked like that she felg orgasm. Nick looked at her and smiled. He wanted to say - "So, how about cigaret...", but his mood was too grim. This small buidling, they were entering, was like their current situation - root of all that shit was buried so deep, that even devil himself willn't see it it his Hell. Miria was following him - it was something unordinary. Nick began to feel nervousity. Usually such interest in a small persons, as he was, promised nothing pleasant. Young man entered the buidling.

It was a classic building of the first quarter of 20th centery. Low floors, small, dark windows, weak light... Wood and brick were smelling nicely for Nick. He tired of senseless glass and iron of the high buildings. Guards looked at him suspicious and looked at MSP.
"Who is this asshole? Another beggar, who want to get to the..." - guard stoped for a while and looked at Miria with worry. She only noded to him quietly:
"This is our smart fella, who was smart enough to get to the project..." - another older guard came closer and looked at Nick, as he was some interesting stuff. Nick grined and made very impressive pose:
"Am I very impressive..?" - two guards laughed:
"This fella is surely is smart ass. Are you sure, that he was the same. I didn't think that they are taking such freaks..." - another guard looked at him with worry and said:
"You are thinking too much, Karl. And you are talking by the way too. You'd better follow the rule - lesser know, longer live - and all will be fine. It concerns everybody..." - this guard looked at Nick, but he understood that these words were aimed at another person. Nick looked at this older guard - he looked like Miria, but much more older... and male. Miria solved his puzzel:
"As you wish, father. It was you, who wanted me to go to MSP, not me..."
"I hoped that these bastards will teach you something, but it was hopeless... and now this fucking war. I hope that it will clear all filth from this shity world..." - he looked at his daughter with pity and sighed deeply - "Ok, you may pass. Ass-head of this corporation is waiting on fourth floor in his main office..."

Ass-head - what a good nickname for this person. When Nick looked at him, he understood everything quite clearly - another asshole, who want to save his ass and destroy all other world, if it would be possible. People, like he, was pushing countries into wars, destroying countries... or stealing candies from small children. They simply liked to do it - one like to masturbate, another one want to kill several thousands of people to feel himself big and happy. Nick sighed and entered - Miria was following him. He knew that now he would join the "project". What a fuck it was, he didn't care. All was quite clear for him.

"Nick... Nick J. from supporting office, I suppose..." - muttered small fatty old man. He was siting after his table and was almost unseen under the piles of paper. Nick came closer - office was large and dark. Echo was runing freely in it's empty halls.
"Yes, it's me. How can I serve to corporation and megapolis of Los Angeles..?" - old man looked at him with interest. He smiled meanly and laughed quietly:
"Yeah, I heard about you... smart fella... smart enough to shut up, when it is time to do it. You are one of the last our clients... Most of them were dealt with... and now it's your turn..." - Nick swallowed nervously and looked at the exit. He was blocked by Miria, who was looking harsh at him now. Nick smiled easily and said:
"I am honourned to serve III..." - his voice was broken, though he tried to control it. An old man noticed it and nodded:
"Ok, I see that you are far more smarter than one your friend. He was demanding something... was cring that would tell the truth to all America. Now he is feeding insects in China. I hope he will like the weather there. Soon enough it will be so hot down there... and in all other world too..." - he became silent and looked at Nick with smile. He surely was waiting for something. Young man tired of that games - this old man was getting pleasure from this pervented torture. Finally he lost temper and said quietly:
"Sir, may be you will tell me..?" - like a strom, this old fella fushed at him. His loud voice was raging in the halls as blows of wind. Shits of paper were raised into the air and were flying in all sides with hurry:
"I will tell you what to DO and when to SHUT UP... If I'll hear at least one fucking sound from you, I'll tore you throat..." - the rest ofhis dialogue was unpleasant to hear. Who could think that so much hatred were placed in this small creature. One could kill him with single blow, but he was raging as radioactive storm on the junkyard. And there were so much noise from it... Finally he became calm again and smiled:
"I see you really are the same person, who is needed for our project... You are only supporter. Do you want to became the investigator of our small project for the government? Most of our men are taken as soldier or intelligence power. You are the best, we have now. So what do you think?"
"And how do you think?" - Nick muttered grimly. He surely was not in mood to play in his games.
"Riiight... As I thought." - he smiled happyly - "You are heading to the north... to one secret object. You will be unnamed observer over one stuff - FEV virus... forced evolution virus. Nice stuff, you will like it. Miria, you will accompany him. I think you like it... Head there right now. Clouds are gathering at our heads..."

Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

I've just found out that all smart deathclaws were killed after FO 2. What a harsh life :cry: ?! What a hell FOT is talking about than? Why are they confusing youngster?! Bad boys! Oh, no matter... It is really pity - smart deathclaw could surely took their place in FO world. Well, they were smart, quick, deadly... may be it was not so bad idea after all? too dangerous for FO world... oh, no matter... Damn, this bible stuff is really useful - I'll have to think about this stuff now. I should follow official version of FO. To argue with pro-creators of FO is foolish... This Chris fella is hanging somewhere near... and, what is more strangly, he is reading few fan fics too 8O Where did he get so much time? He is creating new games, writing all kinds of stuff, visiting endless forums and sites... and is not forgeting about FO... It must be living hell to satisfy hordes of bloodthirsty fans, who is dreaming to wash thier fangs in blood of FO's god :) Endless angry cries - "Where is FO 3? When it will be released?!" - must be following him even in dream... Well, nobody said that it would be easy to be a god in flesh. :lol: And now the ending of this small story...

Part 3 - Rage of Power

Chapter 7 - Blind Fear

Nick left the the building and looked around grimly. Now he began to notice something new... something, he didn't see before. Fear... Dirty streets of huge megapolis were empty. Occasional people were seen there, but there were nobody else... Panic were growing rapidly - rumours, one worser than another were spreading fear in hearts of frightened people, like plague. There were seen signs of looting... broken shops, destroyed cars. Streets, where people were hurring on their business only several hours ago, now looked like deserted... Wind was dancing on it's empty reaches and remains of old newspapers were whirling in it. Miria followed him and caught one of the newspapers...
"President declared that he would protect interests of America by all costs..." - she read quietly. Nick grined:
"People like to read newspapers..." - he looked around. It was a deep night, but even in this time Los Angeles should be light and alive. But he dark and quiet... quiet as dead. There were seen several wild dogs on the streets. They were searching for a food in one of the crushed shops... Nick came closer and noticed dark shadow, lieing there. It was motionless and dogs gathered around it. It looked like a human and it was suspisious... Nick sighed - they had little time. Corporation didn't like to wait...

They were going to the north, passing by dark streets. It was becoming more and more agitated. This streets were alive... much more alive, than usual. There were people remained there. They lived there and didn't want to leave their homes... and they had no place to go. Power generators were shut down because nobody left to look after them... no power were coming into the city any more. It was dead now - only several buildings had light in it, like corporations or military objects had their own small sources of power. Most of left people were using usual stuff - wood and paper - to get fire. Though the weather was warm, it was becoming colder every day. Autumn was felt in every blow of wind...

Countless bonefires were seen on the streets, colouring Los Angeles in strange red. Dark shadows were dancing on the walls of tall buidling. Small streets, consumed by night, were making strange sounds within. Miria could swear that she saw some creatures down there. Well, it was not so strange - mutated beasts from the sewers finally found their way to the streets. There were no guards or any other defense left... Now only people could defend themself and their homes.

Streets were almost empty - only the poorest of people, all "filth" of the Earth, remained in the city. They simply had no place to go or money to survive - large megapolices, like this city would be smashed in first order, it was clear, but what did they left. Small groups of people were standing near burning bonfire and were talking quietly about latest news and rumours. The city had changed for a day completly... In the morning he looked like usual city. BUt now he was dead and dark. Silence were walking by it's deserted streets. Cold wind was whirling old newspapers and old junk in tha air... The fear... blind fear was felt there.

Nick and Miria were coming quickly to the north. People were looking at them angryly, some of them were muttering something unpleasant, but nobody dared to atack armed people... yet. Streets began to change again... this part of city was damaged far more greatly, than all other parts. There were seen signs of fight in every corner. Nick looked at his companion with surprise:
"I didn't hear that there were fight in the city. Who atacked us? China..?" - Miria looked at him grimly and whispered quietly, pointing on the remains of one of the dead man:
"Is he looked like soldier?" - Nick looked at this body and shuddered. This was not body, but thing... formless burnt thing - signs of plasma weapons... though Nick was able to notice half-burnt working suit on the body:
"A simple worker... fear is our greatest enemy now." - Miria said quietly. She didn't want to disturb the final rest of thousand of people. This cursed place was unburied grave for many people... Thanks god, thier remains were not seen in the darkness of night. It hid it in it's gentle embrace till the morning, when hot and cruel truth as a sun will shine on the sky... She continued:
"When the news were announced, riots began to rage... Soldiers, left in the city, were thrown to stop it... they had only combat weaponry..."
"It was a slaughter..." - Nick muttered strikly. He began to notice dark shadows... darker than all other surrounding. There were small and large piles of them... strange faint burnt and sweet ordour was heard around. Nick noticed several alive shadow down there... there were crawling there, among dead, searching, looting, eating. Miria wanted to stop them, but they had no time on this foolishness... Buildings here were half-destroyed. Ruined walls sometimes preventing our companions to pass the street. And there were much more signs of battle. Hot smoking stones, which were hot yet... black, burnt earth... all sorts of junk. The streets were full of junk - most of it were scavanged and destroyed stuff. Shops were looted and destoryed. Thier goods were lieing nearby useless. Most of it were electronic stuff, that was useless now... There were seen no people here - this part of town was dead now... except scavagers and mutated creatures, who was runing here to taste the burn flesh. Nick and Miria hurried to leave this cursed place.

Our companions were standing in the outskirts of Los Angeles. These places looked like normal - small, one and two-stored houses, clean gardens, calm life... except one thing. There were no light in these houses. They all were deserted by their owners. Some of them still remained, packing things with hurry and daparting soon after, but most of the peopel departed already.
"Where are they going? They think that they can hide from the war" - Nick asked quietly. Miria answered grimly:
"Hope is the good enough reason to run away. As sooner they'll run away from big cities, safer they will be... at least they think about it."
"They willn't run away from radiation... they willn't run away from starvation or blind arrogance of the world... they willn't run away from their own destiny..." - Miria looked at his with smile.
"You surely are buring us far too fast... may be all will be good... or not" - she looked at the group of people, coming closer to them. Nick looked at this guys and cursed the world:
"It this fanatics of this blasted cult... children of Apocalypse. Where are your blasted soldiers? They must defend common folks from this guys..." Miria looked at him angryly and answered:
"Soldiers are used to protect country from foreign treats... we don't have enough menpower... Los Angeles was too hard to control - too much of radiation... It was decided to leave it for a while..." - dark shadows of uninvited guests were coming closer.

Chapter 8 - Heat in Los Angeles... very hot weather

"Master be praised..." - these lunatics were muttering all the same stuff. They were going toward our friends, singing thier strang hymn to madness. This cult - "children of Apocalypse" - rose not so long ago. It was a small bunch of crasies and lunatics, who thought, that Apocalypse was summouned to clear the Earth from "filth of technology". Only chosen ones would survive and would build a new eden...

Nick looked at these madmen and grined. Most of them were almost dead. This cult was accepting all filth - most of them were barely able to move. They were so weak, that most strong of them had to carry weak ones. When one of them died, they simply threw him away - "Apocalypse took another his child to himself" - they muttered. This cult was small one and nobody paid attention to it... until all these problems began. Rumours about war were spreading in the air for years, but there were no clear prove of it. But now all was much more worser. Resources were drained, countries were barking at each other as hungry dogs... a lot of people were frightened... and of course man appeared to calm them... the cult grew rapidly, as the conflict was becoming worser. And here you are...

"Master be praised... What's your future, brother?" - one of the strongest men came closer to our companions and smiled with unearth happyness. Nick looked at pale Miria and understood that they'd better not to angry them. May be they were weak, but he noticed shadows of guns under their strange purple robes:
"Master be praised, brother... Our common future is as bright, as a sun, rising on the east. Light of holy fire, borned in human's hands will bring enlightment to every chosen one... Apolalypse is coming closer with every hour. We must thank our master for it..." - Nick heard a lot of this shit. There was one of these crasies, living near his room. It was enough for them and they left them alone. Miria looked at him with surprise:
"You know all this Apocalyptic shit..? I am surprised." - Nick only smiled and continued their way.

The road from Los Angeles was runing slowly to the north. It was half-deserted and silent... as everything else around these parts. Nature itself was dead for many years already. People were kind enough to poison evry part of the soils around here. No plant or creature could survive these harsh lands... no ordinary creautre. Miria looked around nervously - she hoped to take some car or military truck, but there were no signs of soldiers or people around here. Most of them simply ran away as quickly, as possibly, trying to save their skins... but some of them remained, following the order. They entered deserted military post - there should remain several soldiers, though there were seen nobody... Well, our companions found them... half-eaten dead bodies. Who killed them - thugs or creatures of the wastes was difficult to tell. It was difficult enough to find out that it was human bodies... Miria turned away in disgust and asked Nick angryly:
"Do you like to watch after decaying corpses or simply it's satisfy your "gentel" nautre because it's not you?" - Nick looked at her grimly.
"I am looking after their weapons... but it looked like that they were looted already. We should be more careful or will be another prey of this boys..."

They were coming slowly to the north. As far they went, as more destruction they saw - broken cars, signs of riots, dead eaten and half-eaten bodies. Starvation began to strike people - Miria with horror began to notice torn limbs... torn fried limbs. Only human could do it. There were seen strange marks and symbols on the trees and smashed building - dried-up blood, symbols from human bones:
"Hot weather is making strange things with human mind..." - Miria muttered with disgusting and looked at dried human skin, hanging on the stick nearby. It's former owner was lieing nearby. Nick said nothing. It was liking him less and less. There were too little people - where are they? Several millions of people can't disappear without a track... at least bones had to leave, but there were nothing. It looked like that they'll meet them soon... at least the last columns of "runners"...

"My my... you only look at this beaty..." - Nick stoped for a while near one of the dead men. They began to see more signs of chaos - smoking ruins, piles of dead bodies... road was covered with fresh blood. It looked like there were real slaughter there. At least hundred bodies were lieing all around. Some of them were eaten, some of them were untouched... There were common folks in torn cloths... with their poor belongings... and other people. These ones were strong with sun-burnt skin. They wore leathers and had a lot of tattos...
"Filth of the southern wastes... raiders, thugs, cannibals..." - Miria came closer to the one, Nick pointed. - "They were calm, when all was quiet... but now they became mad. I didn't think that they will dare to atack the main road from Los Angeles..."
"We don't have enough strength to protect our own home..." - Nick looked around grimly. This sight was not very pleasant. He bent and touched the wound of this dead raider - it was a shot wound. Several of the men here were smart enough to take guns... the wound was fresh. This men was killed several hours ago. It was a bad news... Nick checked his laser pistol and looked at Miria - she was armed much better than he was - special designed combat armour with lightened plates for better speed, bunch of strange equipment to survive in the wastes - sensors, night vision, pack of stimpacks... meanly looking plasma pistol and rifle of unknown desiegn was seen in her back. She was ready for all harshes of nature. Now Nick understood why she was sent with him. He wouldn't survive without her.

Miria looked like a capable fighter, but Nick wanted to have some weapon on his own. His laser pistol was almost drained - he liked to open beercans with it. Young man looked around and noticed near one of the lieing men a finely looking shot gun. It was buried by body of killed raider and nobody noticed him. It was a lucky day - Nick left Miria, muttering something about wings of fear, consuming the souls of unprepared, and came to this man. When he came closer, he suddenly noticed that he was alive... almost dead, it will be more correctly. He was lieing on the cold earth and looking directly behind himself. His dead eyes saw the other world, but his shell was alive yet. This man was muttering something quietly and looked like he was out there already. Large wound from the spear, seen on the neck, was black. Dried blood didn't flowing from it any more. More than enough of it were seen around. This man was fighting furiously... It was a miracle that he was alive yet. Nick came closer and tried to take the weapon - deadly looking combat shotgun, covered with blood, but more than efficient... but this man was holding it strongly. Nick tried to take it, but suddenly felt it's coldness on his body and heard quiet words:
"I've killed more... than enough... of your kin... "cough"... but to kill... another raider... will be go..." - this man was much more alive, than Nick thought. To hold such weapon was difficult enough and this wound... Nick understood that this weapon could fire any minute and said quickly:
"Hey, stop it, pal... I am common traveller..."
"They all... were saying... the same..." - Nick looked around and noticed dozen of dead raiders with smashed heads. His future would be the same, if he didn't do anything - to get the weapon from his hands was a suicide. This man looked like a good strong fighter, though he was deadly wounded. Nick tried to think what to say, but fear took all his thoughts. Only one word appeared in his mind:
"Good bye, fella" - he muttered quietly and closed the eyes. Than he heard a quiet click and quiet growling - the gun was unloaded. This man spent all ammo at raiders nearby. Well, it was a lucky day. Nick wanted to smash this asshole with a rock... but he was wounded too badly already. He only sat nearby and sighed deeply - life was an asshole. Total bullshit.
"What are you waiting for, scum? Want to hear how I'll die in this blasted desert..?" - Nick grined:
"I don't know why I do it - surely I'll need stimpack soon enough too, but..."

"Tell me what has happened" - Nick said grimly. Morning was coming. The Sun appeared on the East and coloured wastes into the red. Miria was standing near him and was listening the story of this man attentivly:
"... than I realised that this city will be fucked first of all. I took my family and ran away as quickly, as possible... there were a lot of people on the road some time ago and it was hard to travel. Constant raids... these blasted canibals... All filth of the wastes rose as cancer on the weak body... And some of these motherfuckers in goverment were talking about helping them... now they helped them much" - he looked at the bodies of his enemies nearby - "...well, I didn't run far away after all. Some time ago I was free lancer, hunting after all this trash... and now they are hunting after me. But I survived after all... Thanks, guys" - he looked at large scar on his neck. These new super-stimpacks could bring life to almost dead. He smiled lightly and said:
"I am Marc... if you need help, I am at your service."
"Thanks, Marc, We can surely use your help... but where is everybody and your family." - face of this middleaged man became dark:
"Several bands of raiders and cannibals followed our steps. They atacked at night, killed several vivtims and went away... as fucking wolfs. It was a play for them... Well, we showed them a play. Several of the strongest man gathered and decided to ambush them here. Now I understant that it was a bad idea... but we had nothing else to do. They could kill our chidren and wifes in their next raid... We took the best weapons, that were avaible and tried to stop them. We failed... It was suicide - we took places in nearby buildings and began to fire the road and all surroundings, when first of them appeared. We didn't anticipated that there were so many of them. Several dozens against several hundreds... We made them to pay for every drop of blood, they shed... When we had ammo, we fired. when we had knifes, we used them, when even it was broken we began to broke throats with bare hands..." - He became silent and looked around:
"It looks like we bought some time for the others... I hope my family is safe. Are you heading north?"
"Yes, may be you will go search for them?" - Miria asked quietly. Marc looked around and answered sadly:
"I know that there is no chance to find them... I hope that they will be able to get to the Vaults. The best way is forget about them..." - Nick looked at him with surprise. He surely didn't wait to hear something like this. May be this man was mad?! But no, Nick noticed great pain in his eyes. This man said nothing, but his voices, his face were telling everything all quite clearly. Nick shruged his shoulders and said calmly:
"Than let's go to the north... It will be a hard jounrey..."

Many days our companions followed to the north. In every step they saw signs of coming war, but didn't want to believe in it. Panic, fear, hatred were growing rapdily. Everywhere they saw only deserted places or raging riots... Pasadino, Fresno, Stockton, San Francisco... big and small cities alike... Cold autumn days were foreign. The heat of these first days passed and despair followed. Often Nick noticed dark appathy in the eyes of met people... or mad gleam. People were going into the all sides, trying to save themselfs. They didn't care where they ran, runing itself was good enough - the reason to live, prove that they can do something, to prevent the coming disaster... apocalypse. News were coming worser every day. Wars... wars comsumed the world - every part of the planet was raging in mad call for power. Corporations were standing aside as common watchers and waiting when it would end. Their dark shadows were seen all around - there were no diffrence for them - America or Canada, Europe or China would win. They'll be there to take advantage...

War was raging everywhere. The planet was wailing, drowned in rivers of blood. Fire and hatred alike were destroying all signs of life all around. This war lost all borders or reasons... people were tearing apart people, like mad dogs. There were no more point of fight - only mad, endless hatred. People didn't think what are they doing - they simply do it. They simply kill people - it was their job...

It was snowing lightly, though it was autumn yet. Nick looked at the sky and muttered quietly:
"Strangly... This is not the snow..." - this snow was black. It was coming from the west by strong winds. One could feel the smell of smoke and burnt flesh in it. The war consumed all ths world and there was no difference any more. Nobody noticed it... Nick looked around - they were standing near the basement of large mountain. There were seen some kind of enterance there:
"Military base... finally." - Miria muttered quietly and looked at Nick:
"What do you think, Nick? Will Marc be allowed there?" - Marc heard this question and answered quickly:
"No, I shalln't... and I don't want to hide under the ground, as a mole. When time will come, I want to see the death on my own... or I'll be all thses madmen all around, wailing about saving their skins." - he was disappointed by something, but who could blame him. Nobody even heard about his family, though he was looking hardly after them. Nick looked at the Military Base and sighed deeply:
"Go there alone, Miria... If it all start, there will be no difference."
"WHAT?!" - Miria couldn't believe it. They passed so much and all was useless - "Is it a joke, right? It is a bad joke, Nick." - she said angryly. Nick looked at her:
"I am serious. Look around - what's the point to go there. World is going to collapse. What it will change to die now or in a few years... Marc, I shall help you. Even it will be the last thing, I shall do... and may be the most useful one..." - Miria looked at them grimly and showed the gun:
"It was my order - Nick J. I MUST take you to the base... even your dead body, if you like..." - she pointed her gun at him. Nick met her look and said nothing. It was continueing for a several minutes and than Miria sighed deeply and put her weapon away:
"Ok... sign me too. I have nothing to do there without you, Nick... I'll be judged as criminal..." - she looked at them and grined - "blasted fools, I hope that nuke will smash all our brainless heads..."

They left soon after. Several guards of the military base noticed them, but didn't pay attention - another group of beggars, who wanted to get shelter. They disappeared soon after and only wind left there to tell their story.

The ending of this story is unknown to me. I look in the darkness and see only their grining faces. What has happened... or what will happen, is unknown. Future is as dark, as a past. Some say that future can be changed, but it is only the reflection of the past. What happened once will happen again. Nick, Miria, Marc... who are they? Only fleshless ideas... words without meaning in the unreal world... May be reflection of modern fears and hopes... or not.

Call for Power... and Darkness - in their blind chasing for power people ran with haste through the ages. Sins, as greed or lie, became source of thier new life and development. Ages later it was formed into it's absolute form... Through all it's history hatred and fear were following people everywhere - it pushed them to go forward, they didn't fear to start the first fire, they didn't fear to conquer the forces of nature or nuke itself. They are coming forward rapidly, but in the end they can find themself on the brink of abyss...

The end

<sigh> - Well, that's all. My little storywriting stuff is over. It's time to finish. I am leaving for a while, but I can't leave without say "good bye". Of course, I'll return in a month, bu first I must dealt with some minor problems. Suitcases are packed and car is ready, but I must say several more words. There is no place here for false whining or useless pity - only cold and senseless truth. This is my small confession, so there is no need to comment it.

I joined this forum two months ago. It was May... a long time ago. Another life, I must say. To tell the truth, I don't like Internet stuff, except porn may be :roll: Anyway, this forum was my first experience. So, what are the results? Not so good, I must say. This forum is good and guys here are great - Pyro - young sadistic fella, Kashluk - cheerful finnish guy, Guardian - pal from Israel, who is going to join glorious army, S_F - always kind and wise, Ketario - kind guy from feeling online, Reaper - all-mighty jedai from all-around... Lianora Bero - writer with great attitude... and many others. Oh, and Arch of course... he had to read all this stuff. Job of Moderator is not easy one. I tried... I really tried to be a good boy. I joined General Discussion, Wasteland, Feeling Online, Arena... Fan Fic now, but I am tired... and bored... and disappointed. This place is obviously not for me, except Fan Fic may be... I can't spent so much time here. I have neither will, nor time... So I am leaving. I posted this stuff here not to annoy everybody in Gen Disc.

I'll return in a month or so. Sea shore and summer are waiting for me and I hope that you will be as lucky, as lucky is my sorry ass. This blasted weather is not going to play any more... Anyway, I'll use this time to write a new story - it will be named - "Story of Nameless Clone". I admit that I don't know what it will be. I have only title now, but soon the work will be started. I'll get more FO bibles to know more information and start the dance... haha. I already feel the indspiration again. See ya later everybody... see ya later, Lia. Hope to see your story soon. :D
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Greatest herecy

Post by Follower »

Greetig from happy Follower :lol: It is amusing that I found internet connection in this hole, where I am now... Life is great, nature is the best - I am luckiest son of the bitch in the world... Well, I posting this stuff not to say how happy I am; not at all... well, may be a little :roll: . Anyway, I'll tell about my story, if somebody is interesed in it.

"Story of Nameless Clone. From the North to the South" - only several days ago it was an ordinary story, nothing more. I didn't want to create something horrible from it... But than I got all these blasted FO bibles. This Chris-fella left me no choice. He put too much mysteris there... mysteries, that are concerning very core of FO world. This story will be the great herecy against fan fic world. Even another version of FO 2 or FOT will be not so terrible... and I am serious.

So, what this blasted heretic(me) will talk about? This story will be terrible... and huge. Even I am terrifed with difficult stuff of the storyplot... too much I think, but with all these mysteries in FO bibles I had no choice. Story will be about 30 chapters. I don't have a lot of free time now, so I'll write it much slower, than usual. I shouldn't play so much time in BG and Planescape Torment - of course, you will find several common ideas between these games and my story - strange man lost his memory, a lot of people are hunting over him. Condspirace in every corner. I have corrupted every term of FO. FEV, Harold, Dogmeat - I used created and not-created ideas of FO team alike... If I'll be able to write this herecy, it will change all your idea about FO world... and this is not empty words.

Now my companions will travel through the Northern and Eastern borders of America. They'll cross Great Lakes of the North, will see great empires and kingdoms of New York and Chicago with their baronial-criminal gangs, they will travel south by the sea and meet terrible Cubian pirats, they will go up by the great river Missisippi, they will travel through heavily jungled areas of Florida, fighting agaist terrible crocodiles... and amozoncas. Damn, my sexual roots begin to grow... my companions will cross great snow valleys of the Rocky hills, will fight monsters and humen alike, will see radioactive snow forests of the mysterious Green plains of the north. And everywhere they will be founding pieces of terrible puzzel, that will share some light on the Clone's origin...

America is very beatiful country. It's a pity that people don't appreciate what they have until they lost it. I'll try to describe the beatiful nature of America. There is so little places left to notice it... This story will be my most serious work. Now I'll throw all my strenghts and abilites to create something worthy from this piece of herecy. I'll try to write correctly, check all my mistakes... You'll see the story in a month or two months - to have one comp for four men is very nasty stuff. I'll write the story to pay debt of fan of FO - I am not MO, I know nothing about Inerntet stuff, I can't hang a lot of time in Internet... I am busy man... but I can write - may be good, may be bad, but it is my only way to express it. FO give me a lot of fun and endless hours of play. I want to thank the creators of this game and write something worthy FO... even if nobody will read it. This is my debt of honour :) .

Nobody will dare to read this story whole. It will be even more than my last long story... and will be MUCH more difficult. I'll post the story when it will be ready completly. I should write it whole, before I'll decide for sure what it will be... may be I'll use timeline story or some alternative ways... may be I use new styles of these smart asses or old good school stuff, I was educated. Anyway, you'll see this stuff soon. Thanks for attention, you willn't hear me again here... but I'll be around all the time, looking for fresh info to gnaw upon. :twisted:
Our Host!