Worries.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Worries.

Post by Caleb »

So...maybe i missed this, but did beth actually rule out magic? This flaming sword fagetry makes me think maybe you'll run into some desert tribal mage or some shit. I just wouldn't be surprised if they fucked it up that badly.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

what?

:chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

If you listen to the interview, as fucking painful as it was, the dude describes the flaming sword in question. It's gas powered, apparently.

Not that the idea doesn't fucking suck, but there's been no mention of the rad-magic you speak of besides these items, the "radiation weapons"

"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

"Hey guys... I know something totally post apoc."
"Oh yeah? What's that?"
"A medieval sword!"
"Holy smokes! That would be so wasteland."
"Hey! Let's set it on fire!"
"HOLY SHIT"
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

:chainsaw: / ripper + gas tank = flaming "sword" ?
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Yeah, it lights your hand on fire.. leaking gas tank :chick:
Edward_R_Murrow
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Edward_R_Murrow »

I was under the impression that gasoline was incredibly valuable with the whole World War fought over it...but I guess all that stuff doesn't matter because a flame sword is so fucking extreme.
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

Flaming swords in Fallout 3, hmm? Kiss it all good-bye. ALL of it.
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

Killzig wrote::chainsaw: / ripper + gas tank = flaming "sword" ?
No. sword + gas tank = flaming sword.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

How is that even possible? A flaming sword seems a bit comical for such a heavy series.

Again I am really just stunned by the shitty quality of this game. For people to say "stop complianing when you haven't even seen gameplay footage" is just inept to me. We all have plenty of knowledge about the basic structure of the game.

FACT: The Fatman
FACT: Flaming sword
FACT: Collectible Bobbleheads
FACT: Children that can't be killed?!? What happens when you nuke that town? Do the children just wander around aimlessly because they can't die?
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

Handling megaton in a rating friendly way would result in a few outcomes.

1: There are no children in megaton in the first place.
2: The children die, but there is no reference to it anywhere in the game. After all, if you don't see the children die, it didn't happen. Right?
3: ???
4: Profit.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Edward_R_Murrow wrote:I was under the impression that gasoline was incredibly valuable with the whole World War fought over it...but I guess all that stuff doesn't matter because a flame sword is so fucking extreme.
yeah, we gave JE hell about the GASBOT too. But then there are flamethrowers in Fallout. Hermm...
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Killzig wrote:But then there are flamethrowers in Fallout. Hermm...
Flamethrowers could have used some other flammable substance?
.....Wait, I just realized something. If all the cars are fucking Nuclear in this game, why the fuck was there a war over gasoline?
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Shocking realization.
Welcome to continuity rape.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

gasoline is used in a lot more than just cars. I'm guessing it would have been too soon for complete industry to convert, and too late to use the depleting gas to fuel it, hence war.

what i'm more worried about is finding some fucking witchdoctor who teaches tribal magic. and having them include ANY KIND OF FUCKING MAGIC OF FAERIES OR FAGS(furries included)
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Caleb wrote:gasoline is used in a lot more than just cars
Well, I mean, if every car on the East Coast (Or atleast in DC) is nuclear powered, it obviousily ment that the U.S. had the ability to miniaturize nuclear technology that could be used in a car. Now I'm no expert at engines or anything, but what else would we need gasoline for that couldn't be powered by mass produced miniaturized nuclear technology or nuclear power plants?
Edward_R_Murrow
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Edward_R_Murrow »

Killzig wrote:yeah, we gave JE hell about the GASBOT too. But then there are flamethrowers in Fallout. Hermm...
Eh....I always thought it was an aerosol or something as it was more of a "poof" than a "drawn out" napalm or oil based flame but whatever.

My problem is that gas would be pretty valuable because it can power things, easily start fires (big important thing in survival), and would probably fetch a decent price as well. So someone deciding to use it for a fucking flaming sword is absolutely ridiculous but totally something Bethesda would come up with.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

I would be funny as an easter egg.
And I don't wanna spoil the fun, but it's possible to create fuels from plants, even animals.

The other thing is, that, even in the world of Fallout, highly explosive, dangerous and polluting nuclear powered would seem completely out of place.

Imagine:

Parents pick their children up from the kindergarten.
While parking out, one person hits someone else's car. Unluckily the nuclear reactor cracks and starts leaking, overheats and ends up in a small super gau.
Also, it would trigger a chain reaction, thus killing fuckloads of people. Sure, in the game they can position the cars with sufficient distance in between so there are not too many chain reactions, but we're speaking of a REALISTIC hypothesis. And REALISTIC means full parking lots and jizzloads of traffic.

Good night.
���������
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

Dreadnought wrote:REALISTIC
Laff.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Well limited to a credible and active 'world' like the one in Fallout. It was sci fi, but no bullshit. It was just... different.

And Bethesda is gonna do the totally generic FP "RPG" console action (s)hit. :bioshock:
���������
Our Host!