What's your favorite death animation

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.

What's your favorite death animation?

fall over in pool of blood
No votes
the flame dance
26%
chest blows off with a satisfying "ahhhhhh"
33%
melts into a pile of goo
4%
don't know how to describe it... the violent burst animation
30%
other Bloody Mess violence such as rats splattering into many peices
7%

Total votes: 27

FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

bullet dance. the one which most often occours with smg, you see the exit wounds of the bullets fly through their chest/back as they stagger around before dropping to the floor in a pool of blood.

always loved seeing that one. the critical where a chunk of the body is torn out and ( i think) one arm. I love the way the guy is still living and screaming as he hits the floor. half his body in gibs behind him.

busting a molerat with a sledge, the crunch, the tiny squeek and the slap of meat on the floor. :twisted:

and before you flame with "that was in the poll under blah blah" i already voted accordingly but decided to add my own description.
"And when he gets to heaven
To St. Peter he will tell
one more soldier reporting, Sir.
I've served my time in hell."
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of War.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Bullet dance is truely something. Once I first saw it, I had to see it again, so that poor raider gang took amazingly many bullets in their chests. It's awesome.

I do hope Talps :evil: is gonna stop this stupidism he is running and starts to post like normal folk or leaves.
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

or encounters myself while I am drunk and armed.
"And when he gets to heaven
To St. Peter he will tell
one more soldier reporting, Sir.
I've served my time in hell."
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of War.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

VasikkA wrote:
Zbyram wrote:
Unlucky SDF!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Man Haplo that was low :wink:
Yeah! You should've at least waited until he had 69 posts :P
And I'll congratulate him for his Stamina when that day comes.

And Talps, I've warned you twice to leave already. There won't be another, my patience is wearing thin with you.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

You won't have to worry about that, Haplo. According to Stainless, Kreeg banned him.

Actually, come to think of it, I rather like all of the death animations in the game. :D Except for the Master's absolutely no gore or anything.... Lou's death scene more than made up for that though.
fuck
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Yeah, but that was in Fallout, still a great death animation it is. What about Horrigans death animation? That one rocks. He first splits into two pieces then crawls towards you and says his final line.. Then his neck/head explodes. Ah well, would suck to be a part of machinery like he is :lol:
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

I didnt' like horrigan's death... too unoriginal...
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

Bloody mess trait and an unarmed character with high luck, better criticals and slayer. Fight wanamingos and watch them explode when your fist hits them... its really kewl. Be warned, they slide really far if they don't die in one hit though.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Rats exploding is cool to see....
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Icabod wrote:Bloody mess trait and an unarmed character with high luck, better criticals and slayer. Fight wanamingos and watch them explode when your fist hits them... its really kewl. Be warned, they slide really far if they don't die in one hit though.
Also works with super sledge. They get squished like bugs.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

The one animation where u kill a Scopion with a Y2K pulse rifle and the Scopion raises and the entire body is vaporized. I found that one hilarous.
Richy
Regular
Regular

Post by Richy »

lets not forget that the San Fran chongas deaths differ from those of normal sprites, as well as mutants and those encased in adv power armor. anyway, my vote goes to the 'bullet spraying death'... i suppose it could be described as "a volley of shots hit the target, a satisfying rain of exit wound jelly splatters the dust floor, and the victim is felled to the ground" and lets not forget that awe inspiring "putsa putsa" noise. i am less inclined to trait my chars with bloody mess for this reason.

Post by Red »

The FO:T animation name for such a death is called "Bullet ridden" if I recall properly. Which I often don't but that's another matter...
Our Host!