System Shock 2 soundtrack now online

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

System Shock 2 soundtrack now online

Post by Subhuman »

Download it, listen to it on your iPod and pretend you're being chased by mutants.

http://www.sshock2.com/shownews.asp?id=390
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

I sometimes wish message boards had sage like image boards.

With lack of sage I will just call you a OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone.
Serious Business.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

It is the opposite of 'age' (ah-gay)
please, could you call an ambulance? the spiders are everywhere and i'm fucking scared.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Nice, thanks. I've listened to a lot of low-bit fan remixes, but this is the real deal.

Woot! It's got the complete intro cutscenes!

"L-look at you, h-hacker..."
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Nice. The files I've pulled together over the years are pretty complete, but this is way better.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I've actually been playing SS2 for the last week or two and it's been pretty good up until the fight with shodan and I have no healthstims or icepicks to hack the computers. I found it pretty much impossible to beat her with no healthstim and having to manually hack each system, i've tried too many times. Also I don't have much ammo, I either have to go back to an older save and try to get as many healthpacks as I can but I don't know if I have any that go back that far and I don't really want to do that battle with the many again because that was also a pain in my ass. The last option is to cheat to beat her with one of those god codes, but I figure I thats not very honorable.

I've had a tough time with the game and I have to save and reload a lot (worst quick save system ever so I have to manually save all the time. Annoying.) I have Standard, energy, and heavy maxed out with like high skill in hack, maintaince and a lot of other research things. I also have Strength maxed and almost have Agility maxed. Suggestions?

I got about 3 rounds of AP, 8 rounds of the grenade launcher disrupters w/ 3 proximity nades , and like that big energy cannon thing, also the small laser pistol.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Good god, no AR?
Serious Business.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Pooper wrote:I've had a tough time with the game and I have to save and reload a lot (worst quick save system ever so I have to manually save all the time. Annoying.) I have Standard, energy, and heavy maxed out with like high skill in hack, maintaince and a lot of other research things. I also have Strength maxed and almost have Agility maxed. Suggestions?
Be less of a pussy? It's a hard game. Keep playing, and stop complaining about things like manual saves. Back in my day we couldn't just save anywhere we wanted, we had to wait for save points. You kids today. No discipline.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Koki wrote:Good god, no AR?
They are armor piercing rounds not Anti-Personal. Still its only 3 rounds. Edit: Yes I have the assault rifle.

Also subhuman you can suck my dick. Everytime I want to save a game in SS2 the screen has to resize to the resolution of the main menu which takes a few seconds then when I go back to the game it shows up real quick then has to resize back for a few more seconds and sometimes I find out that im dead when I can actually see something. I wouldn't be surprised if I spent a totaly of a half hour to an hour having to save my game while playing.

Maybe I should start over, eh? It only took me fuckin 20 hours and a couple years to get into the game. :subhuman:
Last edited by POOPERSCOOPER on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Anyone else here hates the atmosphere-breaking techno battle songs?
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Yeah, I fucking hate when they put techno music in cyberpunk, I mean what the fuck? Can't we get some Beethoven, here?
Serious Business.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Pooper wrote:Everytime I want to save a game in SS2 the screen has to resize to the resolution of the main menu which takes a few seconds then when I go back to the game it shows up real quick then has to resize back for a few more seconds and sometimes I find out that im dead when I can actually see something.
My ass, you died. What, do you save while standing in front of a gun turret? It takes more than a few seconds to be killed by anything in that game. You're just impatient. Save in the middle of an empty hallway or something like everyone else on the planet does.
Cthulu wrote:Anyone else here hates the atmosphere-breaking techno battle songs?
They're pretty sparse, so not really. Plus, they get the blood pumping.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

I've had a tough time with the game and I have to save and reload a lot (worst quick save system ever so I have to manually save all the time. Annoying.) I have Standard, energy, and heavy maxed out with like high skill in hack, maintaince and a lot of other research things. I also have Strength maxed and almost have Agility maxed. Suggestions?
Let me guess - you're playing it in Easy/Normal difficulty. That's the only conceivable way that I can see that you're so high in all those skills. Easy and Normal difficulty are for wimps.

Now, when you get to Hard, you're playing with the big boys. Try taking on SHODAN then.
the spiders are everywhere and i'm fucking scared.
I've always found that the monkeys were more intimidating. They're not tough at all, but that screeching...

Then there's the Protocol Droids. Never has such a cheerful disposition been such a worrying prospect for gamers.
Anyone else here hates the atmosphere-breaking techno battle songs?
I don't hate them. Taken out of context, I think the Med/Sci theme is pretty damned cool. However, I love the atmosphere in the Medical part of the game, as with the Engineering deck, as they don't try to convince you to be a hero. They convince you to duck in the corner while Maintenance Droids patrol the area, and Protocol Droids wander around like demented mental patients on a happiness overdose. SS2's the first game that convinced me of the advantages of saving in a secluded corner.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Koki wrote:Yeah, I fucking hate when they put techno music in cyberpunk, I mean what the fuck? Can't we get some Beethoven, here?

QFE!
���������
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

RAK wrote:
Let me guess - you're playing it in Easy/Normal difficulty. That's the only conceivable way that I can see that you're so high in all those skills. Easy and Normal difficulty are for wimps.

I've been playing all normal causes its my first play through and probably my last and I wanted to play it normally.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Koki wrote:Yeah, I fucking hate when they put techno music in cyberpunk, I mean what the fuck? Can't we get some Beethoven, here?
Fuck you. SS2 is just too damn dark and scary for cheery techno trash.
sah
SDF!
SDF!

Post by sah »

I too liked it better without music on my first run-through, even though it's so good (COMMAND 2).
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

It would be nice to have a game that had only piano being played with two fingers.

For soundtrack/audio atmosphere.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

I guess, POOPERSCOOPER, that the best thing to do would probably be to try to hack one or two of the three shield generators, blast down the remaining shield with the fusion cannon, then disruptor 'nade SHODAN to obliteration. I know that avatar's a pain-in-the-ass, but if you can get one of those shield generators down at least, there's a quarter of your problem gone.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Cthulhu wrote:
Fuck you. SS2 is just too damn dark and scary for cheery techno trash.
And where do you have techno "trash"? Medsci 1? Hydro 1 tech IS fucking scary. What else, Command 3? By that time you're a killing machine, and there's a battle with like 20 Hybrids.

Nigga, please.
Serious Business.
Our Host!