Dumped by Bethesda

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Macky
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Dumped by Bethesda

Post by Macky »

The get lost news from Bethesda today is the final indication in what had been hinted at since the fans reactions to the GI article last week. However, both NMA and DAC were treated as Fallout royalty by the new team of developers before the mass nagativity around the title Congealed. I realize the divisions in PR, dev, etc. but today we have been formally cut off - completely - from Fallout 3. The message is clear: if NMA and DAC won't play the hype game with Bethsoft, then fuck it, they don't need us anyway.

It would be only a tad narcissistic to believe that we (NMA, DAC, and perhaps surprisingly for Bethsoft, the overwhelming majority of members posting at the official Fallout forum) may be somewhat responsible. You do realize that Fallout 3's developers were hoping for positive reactions to the GI expose.....right? I myself was shocked at the unilateral disgust expressed from almost all of the fans of this franchise. And I was surprised that the uproar made it into Bethesda's own house, at the official F3 forum.

Question: Bethesda knows NMA. Why would they allow NMA to leave the GI scans up for days and days, without contacting them (presumably immediately)? The only explanation I can come up with involves PR related hype and a litmus test assessment of the Fallout fan base's reactions. Well, we failed Bethesda miserably and they were prepared, although not hoping for, this outcome.

All that can really be said is that Bethesda's Fallout 3 is not being represented or supported by the mass here at DAC and over at NMA. They know that at some point, the only two reputable Fallout franchise websites might officially discredit and disown Bethsoft's game...possibly as soon as a few short months from now. I don't think they want to give attention to, or in any way rely on, a fanbase that is already overwhelmingly turning against them.

What's most concerning is that whatever the case may be now that led to this separation of NMA/DAC from the next Fallout title, I do believe that Fallout 3 is not being made for us,

possibly never was (As in Image),

or possibly not any more. In any case, the dissolution of Bethesda giving a fuck about us has been completed. But believe most people at DAC when they say that they never intended to create a game for Fallout fans. Not unless we represented the 'action RPG' or 'survival horror' cash crop. So it's over now. Another sad, eye-opening day for Fallout fans.

-Macky
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

You just caught on? Welcome to 2004.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Re: Dumped by Bethesda

Post by Urizen »

Macky wrote:Why would they allow NMA to leave the GI scans up for days and days, without contacting them (presumably immediately)?
i think they contacted NMA immediately, but NMA had no reason to comply with their request because the scans didn't belong to bethsoft. later on, they were contacted by GI, and then they had to take them down, since GI has copyright.
Macky
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Macky »

jetbaby wrote:You just caught on? Welcome to 2004.
I know. I was just holding out hope, and still am to some degree.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Dumped by Bethesda

Post by Briosafreak »

Urizen wrote:
Macky wrote:Why would they allow NMA to leave the GI scans up for days and days, without contacting them (presumably immediately)?
i think they contacted NMA immediately, but NMA had no reason to comply with their request because the scans didn't belong to bethsoft. later on, they were contacted by GI, and then they had to take them down, since GI has copyright.
Gstaff had a computer breakdown, the moment he got everything working again he went online and found out about it. That was sunday, or maybe monday, don't know the story very well.
Our Host!