Now, that Fallout 3 will suck...

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

Should DaC cover more news to specific games? (GTA 4, etc. see thread)

Yes.
26%
No.
37%
Let KoC decide.
37%

Total votes: 27

Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

SuperH wrote:
atoga wrote:
Thor Kaufman wrote:you could use iohkus' board for that :jerk: :dada:
omg linkx?
qfe
qfe http://www.infinitydose.com/forum/index.php
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Thor Kaufman wrote:
SuperH wrote:
atoga wrote: omg linkx?
qfe
qfe http://www.infinitydose.com/forum/index.php
���������
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Akkording to wikipedia Rockstar has recreated four of the five boroughs in New York City, as well as parts of New Jersey. Broker is the GTA IV equivalent of Brooklyn, Manhattan is now called Algonquin, Queens is now Dukes, the Bronx is Bohan, and New Jersey is Alderney (after the Channel Island of the same name). The total area of the map is smaller than Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but the new rendition of Liberty City will be more detailed, and larger than any previous individual cities in the GTA series. Additionally, according to the Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK, "to get from one side of the new and improved Liberty City to the other will take you at least an hour." Rockstar has stated that it's the biggest single city in a GTA game yet, and although smaller than San Andreas, it is comparable to it in terms of scope when "the level of verticality of the city, the number of buildings you can go into, and the level of detail in those buildings" are taken into account.[6] Furthermore, developers are still deciding whether bridges will be used to cordon off certain areas, by way of blocking access to cross them.[1] However, eventually the player will be able to lead Niko Bellic to explore Roosevelt Island and cross the Brooklyn, Manhattan and Williamsburg bridges. The GTA IV equivalent of the Statue of Liberty is called the "Statue of Happiness", and DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) is known as "BOABO" (Beneath the Offramp of the Algoquin Bridge Overpass). Another building called "Twitchins", the GTA version of Brooklyn's Domino's Sugar Factory, is in the game. A Staten Island-esque area will not be featured in the game for the reason that Rockstar believes it would not be fun to play there; Dan Houser also states that that there would not be any "dead spots" or "irrelevant space" within Liberty City such as the wide open deserts in San Andreas. Pedestrians are much more intelligent, realistic and diverse, using mobile phones, cash machines, eating snacks, drinking soda, reading newspapers, scratching their nose, coughing and interacting with each other through laughter and threatening remarks. Pedestrians and traffic flow will also be different depending on the time of day. Dan Houser has also confirmed that an area resembling Central Park will be in the game. It has been announced that some meetings in the game will take place high in the office buildings of skyscrapers which will subsequently allow Niko to throw people off the buildings. However, Niko won't be able to access all the buildings in the game. This game sounds neat, all you guys should buy it!

GTA4 LOOKS PRETTY GOOD hey
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

A Random Ass Pommy Game Mag wrote:"to get from one side of the new and improved Liberty City to the other will take you at least an hour."
Just like real city traffic then.* :pelvic_thrust:
A Random Ass Pommy Game Mag wrote:interacting with each other through laughter and threatening remarks
Just like at DAC then. :drunk:

*I'm so looking forward to cleaning up the traffic with flamethrower and a variety of explosives. I also hope there will be pets/stray animals which can be, like in Postal 2, soaked with gas and lit up, so they start running and causing fires.
���������
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Dreadnought wrote: *I'm so looking forward to cleaning up the traffic with flamethrower and a variety of explosives. I also hope there will be pets/stray animals which can be, like in Postal 2, soaked with gas and lit up, so they start running and causing fires.
That's, at least to me, the least improtant part of the game. The best part is, IMHO, just driving around, or doing mission that requires you to drive. GTA is casually cool.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

And they are using the euphoria engine. :goodness:
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

S4ur0n27 wrote:GTA is casually cool.
don`t even dare to torrent it :gnasher: susan.

i bought GTA 3, mangos. There were also some nice poster with a map and on the backside some mafioso artwork, also it had a manual, you usually would think every game has a manual, fucking no. :susan: Halflife 2, next time i am waiting till they drop the price, the only thing you need is the fucking cd-key.

Btw, GTA 4 has multiplayer and i hope it`ll be only possible to play it with a original cd key. I hope Rockstar is that smart.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

vice city was the last game i bought, i think D: the posters from the games are all totally chouette, rockstar certainly hires good graphic designers -- unlike most other game studios.

provided that i can run it, i'll probably buy gta4 as well. i am genuinely hyped about this game, though a little saddened by the xbox 360 exclusive content, i thought rockstar was cooler than that :(

also, half-life 2 is easily warez'd (try demonoid)
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

DaC-Sniper wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:GTA is casually cool.
don`t even dare to torrent it :gnasher: susan.

i bought GTA 3, mangos. There were also some nice poster with a map and on the backside some mafioso artwork, also it had a manual, you usually would think every game has a manual, fucking no. :susan: Halflife 2, next time i am waiting till they drop the price, the only thing you need is the fucking cd-key.

Btw, GTA 4 has multiplayer and i hope it`ll be only possible to play it with a original cd key. I hope Rockstar is that smart.
I'm not planning on downloading it D: I bought Vice City and San Andreas.

I meant the game is fun to play in a relaxed and cool attitude; driving under the sunshine in a ferrari, going by palmtrees and listening to funky disco music, or driving some ghetto cadillac as a afro-wearing negro with gold chains.
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

San Andreas easily had the best style out of them all. :afro:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It did, but not because of the setting, because it was their third game with the same engine, and it was more polished.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Ya, it was basically the same shit in a different wrapper. If you hadn't played GTA3 and GTA:VC before San Andreas, there wasn't really any point to do so afterwards, since GTA:SA was just a larger, polished version of it's predecessors D;
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Kashluk wrote:Ya, it was basically the same shit in a different wrapper. If you hadn't played GTA3 and GTA:VC before San Andreas, there wasn't really any point to do so afterwards, since GTA:SA was just a larger, polished version of it's predecessors D;
Uh, you forgot the CJ.

CJ made San Andy was it was, really.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

ya, playing a mediocre wannabe gangsta swell guy bitch killed the radio star
GTA:SA was halfway decent nonetheless
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

Mismatch wrote:We should stop covering FO3 anyways....
since it isn't a RPG, and it isn't fallout....
:clap:
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

nah, niggas you got that wrong, GTA:SA had a stupid camera and i always needed to hold my mouse while driving D: ... was the biggest shit. then the new aiming system was kinda dumb and those gang fights were boring hack`n`slash. GTA:Vice City is da best, without doubt. I want a GTA IV: Vice City II or something.

also the poll says: "Let KoC decide." ... okay then KoC decide.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

I want GTA: gangs of new york.
Horse and buggy ftw! :clap:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i had forgotton for a minute, well a few months, this was a fallout gaming community, for reals :( i thought it was just a meme or something

dac should have been reporting on iraq all along ffs
:chew:
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

This is a Fallout site and you'll have to pry the Fallout from my cold, dead, clammy hands.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

Mismatch wrote:We should stop covering FO3 anyways....
since it isn't a RPG, and it isn't fallout....
Only RPG's need apply
Our Host!