What's so bad about Bethsoft making Fallout 3?

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
HappinessInSlavery
SDF!
SDF!

What's so bad about Bethsoft making Fallout 3?

Post by HappinessInSlavery »

Seriously, you people are elitists. If you don't take a bite out of the shit sandwich and say it tastes good, the Fallout IP will get sold to EA or something and it'll just get even worse. Oblivion wasn't exactly a horrible game in the first place.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

What are you talking about? We all love Bethsoft.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

They stole the license from Troika and ran with it screaming like a little girl with a cactus up her butt.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

aslong as thers pipboy ill be hapy
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

"Hey it could have been worse."

No, fuck you.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

THese other bitches complain, but not me. I love Bethesda. Please take me with you!
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
HappinessInSlavery
SDF!
SDF!

Just picture this, if you will. You're a Vault Dweller, tasked to find a water chip for your vault. As soon as you meet a trader for the first time, he advertises Need For Speed XXX to you and speaks in ebonics. In order to accompany him to Shady Sands, you have to pay for a $50.00 upgrade for the game that adds towns. Then, when you finally get to Shady Sands, you suddenly hear a popular rap song playing in the background, and people are driving street racing cars and yelling at each other in unintelligible swell guy talk. On a wall, you see an Axe logo, and when you turn around, you get a pop-up screen advertising Battlefield Your Mother's Vagina. You think, "How the hell am I supposed to play this piece of shit?"

That is what an EA Fallout would be like. Bethsoft Fallout seems like Heaven by comparison.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

EA would have to be utterly incompetent to buy the Fallout rights first of all. Secondly, imagine if Troika picked up the rights from Bethesda and had people working on it that wanted to create a true sequel to the originals instead of "reinventing" it, coincidentally so it plays on an XBOX.
HappinessInSlavery
SDF!
SDF!

Troika is deader than Elvis, to my knowledge. Their last game was Vampire: Bloodlines.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Dont talk shit about EA. Sims 2 is a mighty fine game. :chainsaw:

"EA Games Chalenge Everything" :salute:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

EA games don't challenge my thirteen year old sister.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Dogmeatlives wrote:EA games don't challenge my thirteen year old sister.
Dont brag how smart your older sister is. Its not nice.
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

post sisters tits or gtfo.
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

his sister takes it in the ass like a champ. or was that his dad? I can't remember, they were both pretty hairy.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

HappinessInSlavery wrote:Troika is deader than Elvis, to my knowledge. Their last game was Vampire: Bloodlines.
...And? Didn't much catch anyone saying they hadn't closed down.

What's your point? Bethesda > EA? So what? That doesn't mean that Fallout 3 will be any good. Bethesda may have something going for it with the Elder Scrolls games, but they're out of their league with the Fallout license. They've never really had to deal with something that had a set of serious expectations in place in terms of content and design, much less an active fan-base to back said expectations up.

I'm not going to argue with you that Bethesda will put out a better game than EA would. I agree with you there, and would wager that most do. We see what Bethesda is doing though. Its all there in black and white, and it hasn't done much to put our fears at ease.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Re: What's so bad about Bethsoft making Fallout 3?

Post by johnnygothisgun »

HappinessInSlavery wrote:Seriously, you people are elitists. If you don't take a bite out of the shit sandwich and say it tastes good, the Fallout IP will get sold to EA or something and it'll just get even worse. Oblivion wasn't exactly a horrible game in the first place.
HappinessInSlavery wrote:Just picture this, if you will. You're a Vault Dweller, tasked to find a water chip for your vault. As soon as you meet a trader for the first time, he advertises Need For Speed XXX to you and speaks in ebonics. In order to accompany him to Shady Sands, you have to pay for a $50.00 upgrade for the game that adds towns. Then, when you finally get to Shady Sands, you suddenly hear a popular rap song playing in the background, and people are driving street racing cars and yelling at each other in unintelligible swell guy talk. On a wall, you see an Axe logo, and when you turn around, you get a pop-up screen advertising Battlefield Your Mother's Vagina. You think, "How the hell am I supposed to play this piece of shit?"

That is what an EA Fallout would be like. Bethsoft Fallout seems like Heaven by comparison.
so your defense of bethesda is "it could be worse"? woo woo, here comes the moron train, next stop is you

if we're talking action games, its a different story, but as far as crpgs go - yes, oblivion was a horrible game in the first place. stop posting

youre not going to convince us of anything. stop posting. your arguments are quite tired, and they are not sound. stop posting. in fact i would go so far as to say that youre just plain wrong. just stop posting
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

Someone PM him goatse, DU has told me to stop PMing these guys goatse, so it falls to one of you.
HappinessInSlavery
SDF!
SDF!

johnnygothisgun wrote:
HappinessInSlavery wrote:Seriously, you people are elitists. If you don't take a bite out of the shit sandwich and say it tastes good, the Fallout IP will get sold to EA or something and it'll just get even worse. Oblivion wasn't exactly a horrible game in the first place.
HappinessInSlavery wrote:Just picture this, if you will. You're a Vault Dweller, tasked to find a water chip for your vault. As soon as you meet a trader for the first time, he advertises Need For Speed XXX to you and speaks in ebonics. In order to accompany him to Shady Sands, you have to pay for a $50.00 upgrade for the game that adds towns. Then, when you finally get to Shady Sands, you suddenly hear a popular rap song playing in the background, and people are driving street racing cars and yelling at each other in unintelligible swell guy talk. On a wall, you see an Axe logo, and when you turn around, you get a pop-up screen advertising Battlefield Your Mother's Vagina. You think, "How the hell am I supposed to play this piece of shit?"

so your defense of bethesda is "it could be worse"? woo woo, here comes the moron train, next stop is you

if we're talking action games, its a different story, but as far as crpgs go - yes, oblivion was a horrible game in the first place. stop posting

youre not going to convince us of anything. stop posting. your arguments are quite tired, and they are not sound. stop posting. in fact i would go so far as to say that youre just plain wrong. just stop posting
My argument isn't that it simply could be worse. My argument is that if we don't support the Bethsoft FO3, it will be worse.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

HappinessInSlavery wrote:My argument isn't that it simply could be worse. My argument is that if we don't support the Bethsoft FO3, it will be worse.
Bullshit! If we support them then it will be worse, if it's a success they'll pump out 4 & 5 as more of the same.

If it's a failure then someone like EA wouldn't touch it anyway. If it totally bombs there's always hope someone who cares, gets the setting and the gameplay of the originals and wants to make a proper crpg and not an action rpg will get the chance to take up the challenge.

Though more likely they'll carry on regardless, or bury Fallout so deep to save losing face.
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

It'd be funny if FO3 bombed, they sold the lisence in a firesale, and someone with skill got the IP rights, and made a 2nd FO3 (totaly ignoring the beth FO3) that was quality.
Our Host!