COH help

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

COH help

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I need Company of Heroes help. I realize nobody here probably plays it but since I can't get a straight answer from the dimwits that play the game I thought I would try here.

When I try to play a multiplayer online game, I get a message saying that I can't join a game because I have the wrong game version. When I first connected to COH online, it autoinstalled all the patches so that I was up to date, so I don't get why I cant join any game.

Help, please.

P.S.: The DAC crowd is much friendlier than the COH crowd. I didn't think it was possible but there you go.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: COH help

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Dogmeatlives wrote:P.S.: The DAC crowd is much friendlier than the COH crowd. I didn't think it was possible but there you go.
Quick, everyone call him a swell guy, we're losing our reps.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

They might of been unfriendly because they thought you probably have a warezed version or something. I found this on the forum, it might even have been your post; http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=143554

Try that or maybe reinstall the game and download the patches from a site and do it manually.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I was using the -dev version of the game. its wierd because the first game I tried I was able to play. but every other one wouldn't let me in.

Thanks pooper.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Dreadnought

Re: COH help

Post by Dreadnought »

Dogmeatlives wrote:The DAC crowd is much friendlier than the COH crowd. I didn't think it was possible but there you go.
Sounds like fun... link pls!
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I cant really link. There are several ingame chats for players trying to start up games. I tried to find an answer there and if I got a response it was about my mother or boobs, and sometimes both.

I got the feeling I was surrounded by middle-schoolers that loved to swear and laugh out loud every other minute.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Dogmeatlives wrote:I tried to find an answer there and if I got a response it was about my mother or boobs, and sometimes both.

I got the feeling I was surrounded by middle-schoolers that loved to swear and laugh out loud every other minute.
Ugh... sounds like DAC anyway.... :rolleyes:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I have another computer issue. I just downloaded the original GTA and GTA:London. But when I go to play either one, it lags very badly. I have no idea why. I can COH fine but GTA runs incredibly slow whenever my character starts walking. Has anybody else had this problem with any other old game?
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Get yourself a better computer! :lol:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I think a garage sale PC could run these games better than mine is now. Its so frustrating. I cant find any reason for it. Whats more fructrating is that this has happened to me before and I cant remember how I fixed it.
Our Host!