Morrowind on XBOX

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Morrowind on XBOX

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

So I played Morrowind on the XBOX.

After 14 minutes of loading, I played for 10 minutes, got killed by a bandit and met another 14 minutes of loading to start a new game because there are no continues in Morrowind. I turned the game off and threw the disk in the trash.

On to other news, Morrowind on the XBOX makes FOBOS seem like a really fucking good game. It's not a good game, really...But in comparison, it's like totally kick ass.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Oblivion has level scaling to avoid that dying problem. Trust me, there's almost nothing you can't defeat in that game at lvl 1.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Re: Morrowind on XBOX

Post by Dogmeatlives »

ExtremeRyno wrote:So I played Morrowind on the XBOX.

After 14 minutes of loading, I played for 10 minutes, got killed by a bandit and met another 14 minutes of loading to start a new game because there are no continues in Morrowind. I turned the game off and threw the disk in the trash.

On to other news, Morrowind on the XBOX makes FOBOS seem like a really fucking good game. It's not a good game, really...But in comparison, it's like totally kick ass.
I did the exact same thing.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

Apparently when you get like, a shitload of mods oblivion is good or something.

I imagine that the level scaling removal one is the most important.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I think you mess that up with Gothic 3.

Without fanmade tools and patches the game is unplayable.
However WITH the shit installed, it's one of the most wicked (rp)games I've ever played.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Oblivion has level scaling to avoid that dying problem. Trust me, there's almost nothing you can't defeat in that game at lvl 1.
Slide the difficulty onto Hardest from the very start. You save before each critter. If you want to train bows, and start with a race that is low on bows, a simple rat is more than enough to kill you.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Which is kinda gay. I mean I know those are huge fucking rats, but I don't think they should have the ability to kill me unless I'm being a careless dumbfuck who just lets myself be gnawed at for 20 minutes. They're rats.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

I had some experience with Morrowind on PC too, again bought from a game magazine so 5 euros and stuff, which praised this game with 90 % or something, so i thought, i need to play this RPG. D:

after playing Morrowind and getting some fucked up "Rumors?" Dialouges and fighting some small Monsters like worms, who look obscene btw, i never bought that game magazine again. I think the only thing i liked about that game were the weather effects.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Dreadnought wrote:I think you mess that up with Gothic 3.

Without fanmade tools and patches the game is unplayable.
However WITH the shit installed, it's one of the most wicked (rp)games I've ever played.
What did you install apart from that tweak utility?
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Avalible patches (official and inofficial)

Check some random G3 forum for further details.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Can't you just tell me what you installed? D: I did install the official patches and I've been looking at the jowood forums, but I haven't seen any unofficial patches of any sort(except that sound fix for some rare glitch).
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Wolfman Walt wrote:Which is kinda gay. I mean I know those are huge fucking rats, but I don't think they should have the ability to kill me unless I'm being a careless dumbfuck who just lets myself be gnawed at for 20 minutes. They're rats.
Yeah, but the game needn't be realistic in order to be fun. Sure, getting killed by a rat sounds fucking stupid, however it just wouldn't work otherwise (i.e. you'd have to remove all the rats from the game).
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

however it just wouldn't work otherwise
No, you'd design it right so it has a proper difficulty curve instead of having it at a retarded level where the rats are either always a bother no matter your level or are so difficult that you have to save before you fight it.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Have you ever been attacked by rats, Walt ? I'd wager dog sized rats would be quite the threat to humanity. 'Twould be joyous. :drunk:
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

I've been attacked by rats.

And also, being attacked by a dog sized rat wouldn't mean almost instant death, 'cause they've got such tiny mouths they'd only kill you if they scored a perfect (critical) hit to one of your arteries.

The reason rats can eat people is 'cause they're persistent. Nibble nibble nibble.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Blargh wrote:Have you ever been attacked by rats, Walt ? I'd wager dog sized rats would be quite the threat to humanity. 'Twould be joyous. :drunk:
I did battle with New York City rats once, they didn't fare too well after they got a lead pipe to the face.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Wolfman Walt wrote:
however it just wouldn't work otherwise
No, you'd design it right so it has a proper difficulty curve instead of having it at a retarded level where the rats are either always a bother no matter your level or are so difficult that you have to save before you fight it.
No. The rats are only difficult in the aforementioned circumstances, in the beginning. After you level up a little and get some weapons skill, they are easy on any difficulty.
PsychoSniper

Re: Morrowind on XBOX

Post by PsychoSniper »

ExtremeRyno wrote:So I played Morrowind on the XBOX.

Its called SAVE GAME ;) .

But agreed, the game is total shit.

I only played as much as I did so I could know what I was talking about when saying bethesda cant make shit.

A mistake I regret.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Splatterpope wrote:instant
Have yet to claim such. Though I doubt a singular assailant would be an entirely common occurrence in such a scenario. As a whole, rats possess high fecundity, reasonable intelligence and a remarkable ability to endure adversity. They would quickly come to regard humans as a more direct source of food, if not out of opportunism, then out of eventual desperation.
Wolfman Walt wrote:pipe
Poor sod(s). :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Stop spamming Blargh, please! :)
Our Host!