This is why AMERICA has the right to nuclear weapons

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

This is why AMERICA has the right to nuclear weapons

Post by Redeye »

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Right?

No no... OBLIGATION !

Image :salute:
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

So what you mean to say is that this war really is a war against the international working class?
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Well I personally think that as a freedom or right (any way you want to put it) any country should be allowed to have nukes. Of course the best idea would be that NO country had them. Hell, who are countries witt nukes to say that "no nononon, you can't have em!". Shit, soon they will be telling us we can't have slingshots because they have them.

Nuke do cause tension worldwide, but who the fuck has the right to say "you can't have them, but we can". Sorry, we invented them first! Perhaps they should make nukes a patent issue.

I'm not defending nukes, nor do I like the idea the US has about gun control (anyone can wear them), but who the fuck are they (or anyone else for that matter) to tell other countries you can't have them. I can understand that they wouldn't be selling nukes to them, but if they are making them on their own...

Should I design a superbomb and tell the yanks "ahaahah, don't even think about mnaking one! I MADE IT FIIRST!!! If you try to make one, I will deny you from everything!!"
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

frissy wrote:...frissy said stuff...
Yup.

A crusading hypocritical country nuked another country twice.

Now it wants to stop other, even more extreme countries from pulling the same crap.

In an insane asylum the less crazy often assign themselves the duty of herding the more crazy.

A form of ecology, I guess.
AnneGwish
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by AnneGwish »

I for one don't mind the proliferation of nuclear weapons. When everyone has one, no one will want one. Then we can go back to fighting wars for noble purposes, like resources.
"If you could be God's worst enemy, or nothing, which would you choose?" -Fight Club

"God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you" -Angelspit
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

AnneGwish wrote:I for one don't mind the proliferation of nuclear weapons. When everyone has one, no one will want one. Then we can go back to fighting wars for noble purposes, like resources.
Actually if everyone has them, then everyone will want more, not none at all. If all of your neighbors have them you sure as shit better or they'll soon be raining on your military installations and your nation will soonl be another footnote in the history of your region.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Nobody will want one, when they have something that's even more dangerous. Then they will want that.

DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

I have read :che: that even if the americans would drop the bomb on some country like for example Iran or Germany(doutful), that the whole radioactivity would went through air, food or water and even could reach the USA, so they would fucked themself and the entire world up. Or whats the sense in nuking Iran when Isreal(allied site) would harm itself through radiactivity and stuff like previous mentioned? :chew: Not my weed.

Edit: Thats like passive-smoking.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

If anyone nukes Iran it will be Israel.

AnneGwish
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by AnneGwish »

Half the time I do wish the US would pull away from Israel like everyone wants, but not for the same reason. Those people don't understand that we're not so much supporting Israel, as we are keeping them from turning that whole area to glass.

Yeah, they know full well about the fallout and radiation, they've known about it since we gave them their first bomb. The problem is they don't care. They are surrounded by people who want their destruction anyways, so if it's a matter of rolling over and playing dead, or going out in a mushroom cloud, I'm inclined to believe they would choose the latter.

Why do I believe that? When Iran first started it's bullshit with the centrifuges back in Feb/March of last year, buying up Chinese missles, and crying "death to Israel" the Israeli response was "Knock it off or we will give you a nuke, nose first."

That the US, realisticly their only ally, stepped in and said for them to excercise patience is the only reason Iran, and many other countries in the area, aren't glowing at night.
"If you could be God's worst enemy, or nothing, which would you choose?" -Fight Club

"God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you" -Angelspit
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

I wouldn't lift an eyebrow if New York was hit by a nuke.
I like my women as i like my whiskey. Twelve years old and mixed up with coke.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

AnneGwish wrote:Half the time I do wish the US would pull away from Israel like everyone wants, but not for the same reason. Those people don't understand that we're not so much supporting Israel, as we are keeping them from turning that whole area to glass.

Pretty much.

Theyve been kicking the sand swell guy ass's for years.

And theyve exercised a SHITLOAD of restraint if you ask me.

Golda Mier (former Isrelia PM) said it best (Im typin teh quote from memory so fuck off if its not 100%): " The palestenian will have peace when he loves his children more than he hates the jew."

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Well, the BOMB has a defensive role in most Western military doctrines. Even in case of being attacked a nuke is not launched unless you're being fired with similar weapons and cannot thwart them. The thought of a nuclear conflict between two capitalist nations(China and Russia included) is pure science fiction.

The current nuclear equilibrium is stable enough, with India and Pakistan being a tiny uncertainty factor(nukes are used as a diplomatic asset). However, for nations and organizations that would use a nuclear device for blackmailing the international community, nukes should not be permitted. It's not being a hypocritical asshole, it's common sense. If such a situation would realize, I'd go as far as going straight to a pre-emptive strike, skipping negotiations and economic sanctions and the like.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

PsychoSniper wrote:
Oh look, someone made a picture of my idea from long ago.
Looks like one sweet resort.
Testicular Pugilist
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

:rockon:
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Don't forget that there are different types of nukes. Not all nukes mean "THE END OF THE WORLD!" Hell, if we thought like that...then Chernobyl should have wiped out the whole fucking earth! Not to mention the test and the Hiroshima etc.

Just because someone blows up a nuke, doesn't we die there, all will get fallout. It's just that if one does, the second might do it too... :pelvic_thrust:

jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Bring back Atomic Annie. Bring back the Cold War. But this time the Reds ally with American and together we fight the oppression of the African Union.

Dreadnought wrote:IM A MORON ROFL
Yeah, pretty much.

Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Technically, no one has any right to anything. Only an illusionary sense of entitlement that may or may not be shattered by the callous at any moment. Woo. :drunk:
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Is PsychoSniper the reason the U.S. has gone through so much decline since the 60s or are there other ones?
Blargh wrote:Technically, no one has any right to anything. Only an illusionary sense of entitlement that may or may not be shattered by the callous at any moment. Woo. :drunk:
This is my opinion expressed more eloquently than I could. frissy can go back to his herd now.

Edit:
frissy wrote:Don't forget that there are different types of nukes. Not all nukes mean "THE END OF THE WORLD!" Hell, if we thought like that...then Chernobyl should have wiped out the whole fucking earth! Not to mention the test and the Hiroshima etc.
There was no nuke in Chernobyl. Stop being so stupid please.
Our Host!