Would "Van Buren" really have sucked?

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Kharn wrote:Bad faction and reputation system
what exactly was wrong with da faction and reputation system? the way karma worked led to a few funny occurrences, but by and large i thought it was executed a lot better than it was in fallout 1.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
LoneGunman wrote:Biggest improvement from FO1 to FO2 would have to be the "take all" button
I thought hand to hand combat was vastly improved.

I preferd it in FO1. You simply use your HtH skill.

That, and in FO2, if you had a weapon in a slot it limited your attack to if your other slot was empty.

What I think should be added is a mele option for some weapons.

If you have a riffle, you should be able to smash the butt of the weapon into someone's face.

You should also be able to kick when armed, but with a slightly raised chance (depending on agility) of a critical failure (aka, slipping and busting your ass)
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

PsychoSniper wrote:
What I think should be added is a mele option for some weapons.

If you have a riffle, you should be able to smash the butt of the weapon into someone's face.

You should also be able to kick when armed, but with a slightly raised chance (depending on agility) of a critical failure (aka, slipping and busting your ass)
I'd like that :eyebrow:
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

atoga wrote:what exactly was wrong with da faction and reputation system? the way karma worked led to a few funny occurrences, but by and large i thought it was executed a lot better than it was in fallout 1.
I was naming criticisms of Fallout 1, not 2.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Kharn wrote:
atoga wrote:what exactly was wrong with da faction and reputation system? the way karma worked led to a few funny occurrences, but by and large i thought it was executed a lot better than it was in fallout 1.
I was naming criticisms of Fallout 1, not 2.
o rite. carry on then. :blush:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Stop being lazy atoga.
Our Host!