STALKER: "Genre-redefining"

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Stainless wrote:It feels dated, yet interesting at the same time.
The way a hot M.I.L.F. does? :?
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

So...I LOVE IT!!! :dance:

Ok. it has bugs (what doesn't these days...?). It might lack some things that had clearly been thought into the game when being designed (not just vehicles...).

Other than that...i love it! When the modders get to it...EVEN MORE!! YEEHAA!! Now I actually have a reason to install Boot camp and windows on my mac (since i got 3D Studio Max to work in parallels).

:pelvic_thrust:

This shit rules. ÜberBää has spoken.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Just downloaded it... and fuck the file is corrupted.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

It's 40USD, Suse. If you can afford a trip to the Carribbean I'm sure you can part with forty big ones. Whatever that comes out to in your silly Canadian currency.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Bah, I ain't throwing any money out for video games anymore, it's so easy to get 'em for free now. And I can't get this feeling of getting ripped off my money out of myself anymore.

A few years ago, you still had the feeling that some games were like... someone's dream, that secretly grew into a game concept and then developped into a full game and polished until near perfection, in order for the specific dreamer to be proud of it; like a real and authentic artist. But that's long gone.

I'll just wait 1-2 more days for my (other)download to finish.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

I somehow have similar feelings, but now that I played Stalker, I will probably buy it. Nowtimes I never buy any game without actually playing it a bit. There so much hyped crap out there that it just doesn't cut it.

Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

I bought it on the day it came out, not because I knew it was going to be great or anything, but because I hate seeing developers that put their heart into a game disappear into the void after releasing it.

Edit: And I'm glad I did. Even though a lot of things are missing, it's still one hell of a game.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I suggest you watch Stalker (movie). It's pretty obvious where the developers got their inspiration from. It's quite a movie anomaly(lolz) but there's something picturesque that grabs you that I can't really explain. :monolith:

Anyone of you Swedes on this forum seen this movie? Is it worth acquiring?
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

VasikkA wrote:I suggest you watch Stalker (movie). It's pretty obvious where the developers got their inspiration from. It's quite a movie anomaly(lolz) but there's something picturesque that grabs you that I can't really explain. :monolith:
From the day of the genesis of this project, my supposition was that this game would be based on said film. Perhaps, even an adaptation of it.
Sadly and fortunately, this is not the case, as the game is - all bugs and other technicalities aside - truly bland, a real disappointment and would have disgraced the film.
Is it worth acquiring?
Tactless. All Tarkovsky films are worth acquiring. It is dogma.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Alexander wrote:From the day of the genesis of this project, my supposition was that this game would be based on said film. Perhaps, even an adaptation of it.
Sadly and fortunately, this is not the case, as the game is - all bugs and other technicalities aside - truly bland, a real disappointment and would have disgraced the film.
Well, it'd be quite hard to adapt the feeling of the movie to a commercial game. Perhaps to an adventure game. There are, however, number of things that reminded me of the movie, not just the setting and scenery. Like the distortions you got in Yantar(the psi shit) turning the colors into something similar that was in the beginning and closure of the movie. But yeah, it's an action game so what would you expect? You gotta have 'em mutants for the kiddies. It's a bit like what Fallout 3 is going to do to the Fallout setting.

Actually, the atmosphere would've been closer to the movie if the gameworld wasn't so fucking overcrowded with people(mutants were rather uncommon). Fuck, an empty gameworld would've been much better. Another thing was the poor adaptation of anomalies; way too frequent, bland and harmless. In the movie they appeared to be very mysterious, almost only existing in your imagination.
Tactless. All Tarkovsky films are worth acquiring. It is dogma.
Yeah, I'm intrigued now. :chick:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Alexander wrote:Tactless. All Tarkovsky films are worth acquiring. It is dogma.
i donno, i saw solaris recently and it seemed pretty h®rrible, it was like a sloppily done, avant-pretentiousness version of 2001? what films by him are actually good? thancxks

Post by Dreadnought »

Hehe... my ex GFs butt.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Before or after the rape charges? :hahano:

Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Meh... she enjoyed getting raped by me. :D
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Looks pretty :slit wrists: alright.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

The quest system in Stalker is quite horrible, it should of been completely redone. Also the map is pretty horrible too, actually the whole fucking interface is horrible.

Althought the enemy AI is good they are able to hit me with the same guns or worse from the same distance away a lot more easier than I can. I could have the enemy lined up perfectly and fire a whole clip with all single shots and then the guy would fall. The enemy can fire like a fuckin pistol and hit me with every shot so that I'm required to get cover.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

VasikkA wrote:Looks pretty :slit wrists: alright.
She hates emos and kin.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Dreadnought wrote:
She hates emos and kin.
But obviously not douchebags. :eyebrow:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

VasikkA wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:
She hates emos and kin.
But obviously not douchebags. :eyebrow:
A vaginal cleansing is simply incomplete without a proper douchebag.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

I still think it's a timer photo of Dread with his sisters clothes...

one sick puppy...

Our Host!