STALKER: "Genre-redefining"

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

G36 is a jamwhore.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

yeah, my g36 is constantly jamming, but i dont feel like using an obokan or something because they have such low stats in comparison
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I just reload or swap out a shitgun when they come close. The G36 can lay out some serious full auto fire though.

Atrokkus
Respected
Respected

Post by Atrokkus »

Was it just me or was the "Reliable" G13 prone to jamming every single fucking time I tried to shoot it?
It's G36, flower (GP37 in game because they had no moneys to buy license, not even for the russian guns)
And it's pretty reliable for me.

Friendly advice: when you pick up guns, especially G36, ALWAYS check the durability status -- most of the time it's pretty broken already so by the time you get used to it it starts jamming like there's no tomorrow.

yeah, my g36 is constantly jamming, but i dont feel like using an obokan or something because they have such low stats in comparison
I always carry a 5.45 weapon around as swap, for handling the small stuff like bandits and dogs. However, i advocate against Abakan -- get the modified Ak-74S at Strelok's stash -- it's much MUCH better than Abakan, and is also modifiable. TOo bad it's unique so you wont be able to repair it unless you get a mod.
I just reload or swap out a shitgun when they come close. The G36 can lay out some serious full auto fire though.
Shotgun should be pretty good against bloodsuckers and similar mutants because they always come up close-quarters very fast, but I haven't really used any shotgun.
If I notice that my ammo is low and there is no ammo to be found I change weapons and usually drop the main weapon. Guns don't last forever, so no point in carrying useless shit when you don't have ammo.
Hmm, arguable. Depends on the location you're in. If you're, for instance, clearin up the X-labs you really dont want to ditch your weapons even if youre outta ammo because it's pretty long before you get a replacement weapon (only at the end when the military infiltrates the base, and tehy usually have Abakans only (or OC-14 if youre really lucky)) There's a pretty good stash of nato ammo in the x-labs somewhere so it's very handy. I woulnd't advice you to fight the pseudo-giant with a knife (took him out with G36 in NO time).

Have tried Vintarez (Vintar/VSS etc) recently... can't say im impressed. First, it's a bit harder to aim because the bullet is pretty slow so you have to adjust the aim a bit -- takes a bit time but not very hard either) but man oh man the damage seemed so low... It's probably because the ammo type was wrong (not AP i guess) but hell the guy wore Freedom armor and i cant say it's that tough (not nearly as tough as exoskeleton for instance).
Anyways, G36 was so much better at killing stuff both at distance and up close that I really see no replacement for it.

I don't know how stupid it takes to be to suggest using VAL instead (and ive seen such suggestions heh).
Even OC-14 (Groza or "Grom") is, in my mind, somewhat inferior due to rather lacking accuracy and range, despite the damage being significantly higher than that of G36. But then again it's pretty cool to combine OC-14 with Vintarez because both use same ammo.

Ammo, by the way, ceases to be a problem once you get to Sakharov -- he's got both nato and russian ammo in abundance, really love that. Also, he got SEVA.
Previously known as metallix...

CRPG.ru Editorial Staff
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

It's G36, flower (GP37 in game because they had no moneys to buy license, not even for the russian guns)
And it's pretty reliable for me.

Friendly advice: when you pick up guns, especially G36, ALWAYS check the durability status -- most of the time it's pretty broken already so by the time you get used to it it starts jamming like there's no tomorrow.
I tried multiple full status G-whatever they are (they'll always be G11s). They jammed up like crazy. I found the one that looked like an M1A4 to be much more reliable even though it describes it as being completely opposite in terms of reliablity.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Is there a mod that changes the names to match the RL versions? Just out of curiosity...
Atrokkus
Respected
Respected

Post by Atrokkus »

I found the one that looked like an M1A4 to be much more reliable even though it describes it as being completely opposite in terms of reliablity.
Ya, that's LR300, a very good rifle too. In fact, it's more accurate than G36 (not a lot more, but regardless), but lacks killing power.

Is there a mod that changes the names to match the RL versions? Just out of curiosity...
Yes, there is. Not sure about english version, but there is one for russian version.

CRPG.ru Editorial Staff
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

ive got an m209 grenade launcher, and it says it can be mounted on an il86 (sa80?) and a g36, as well as an l300, but the only gun that will accept it is the l330. wtf?
Atrokkus
Respected
Respected

Post by Atrokkus »

[quote]il86 (sa80?)[/qote]
It's a british L85

Well i dont quite remember which underbarrel launcher fits which rifle, but there's quite an abundance of those launchers really so just try any one you find heh.
The first i tried clicked with G36 smoothly.

CRPG.ru Editorial Staff
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I could never find a launcher for the G36, the only one I found was for the custom Ak 47 in the stash. I had a bunch of those grenades but I just picked up a Vintar(?) and use the built in grenade launcher on that until I had no more of the grenades then dropped it, it wasn't a very good weapon. I actually liked the obokan more than the AK47, I thought it was more accurate and had less recoil even though the stats might say its worse it felt like it was better to me. By the time I found the Obokan there were better weapons available like the G36 so I didn't use it for long.

I also had to kill one of the those mind controlling thing at the end of one of those X-lab things with a knife because I had nothing else except a few rounds in a pistol that was doing nothing to him. One or two swipes with a knife and hes dead :) .
Atrokkus
Respected
Respected

Post by Atrokkus »

I also had to kill one of the those mind controlling thing at the end of one of those X-lab things with a knife because I had nothing else except a few rounds in a pistol that was doing nothing to him. One or two swipes with a knife and hes dead
Yeah that's usually the best way to deal with them. Can't aim at him when my head's dizzy from all his brainfuckery.

CRPG.ru Editorial Staff
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

goddamn, i just want a shotgun. a massive, kill everyone i meet kind of shotgun, where can i get such a weapon?
Atrokkus
Respected
Respected

Post by Atrokkus »

Use the bolt. It does decent damage, and you can get unlimited number of bolts from your rad-infested body.

CRPG.ru Editorial Staff
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

You can get a shotgun from the Yantar Research Facility.

johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

jetbaby wrote:You can get a shotgun from the Yantar Research Facility.
in x16? whereabouts in x16 and what kind? ive come across a few "chaser 13"s and theyre OK, but ive heard theres something better?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Chaser 13 does more damage but the shotgun I hvae, forget what it's called, has a higher rate of fire if I call. The scientists sold mine to me though, the ones just outside the psi-damage area.

jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Also: A bunch of swell guy mercs attacked the northern duty checkpoint in Rostok. I happened to be nearby. I helped them out. That was a stupid mistake. For some reason it bugged me that the duty guards back by the checkpoint to the actual duty base are now hostile to me. So I just got permission to get back there to talk to him... but now I can't get back there to talk to him because his guards attack me and if I kill them all the Duty guys back in the base go hostile as well.

Atrokkus
Respected
Respected

Post by Atrokkus »

For some reason it bugged me that the duty guards back by the checkpoint to the actual duty base are now hostile to me. So I just got permission to get back there to talk to him... but now I can't get back there to talk to him because his guards attack me and if I kill them all the Duty guys back in the base go hostile as well.
Well perhaps you accidentally hit a Duty soldier in the heat of battle? Check autosaves.

CRPG.ru Editorial Staff
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Nope. Those guards were still neutral. And I know for a fact that I didn't because, being the American Cowboy that I am, I charged out front before open firing and chasing down the fleeing mercs.

Atrokkus
Respected
Respected

Post by Atrokkus »

Then you are proper fucked. :salute:

CRPG.ru Editorial Staff
Our Host!