Making the world a shitter place...

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

VasikkA wrote:Truth is, no one has stepped outside the vaults in 2083.
You're idea sounds like:
SIMS - Living in a Vault
THere were hundreds of vaults, probably even some more in the Calif area. My new idea is a conflict between the American Militia and New World Republic, composed of civilians who survived WW3 and a group of Vaults that opeaned quickly
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

FireWolf wrote:unlikely fiction.

NCR is held together by Tandi primarily. If she were to die the place would start to break apart into city states.
It is more likely they would run an election...probably by gunther or someone. Or westin would take over or something.
New Reno would never become a "nice place" because it is the center of narcotics and villany in the wasteland.
Wright family? It doesn't NEED to become a nice place either, it could become so bad it never expands.

[/quoteSan Fran, fish would not start washing up on the beaches. why? because they are unlikely to live in the acidic waters left after the great war.[/quote]
ok...but there has to be some way. Perhaps the hubologists crash land there shuttle into san fran after flying into space, and wipe almost everyone out.
Vault city would never allow ghouls into their city. did you even talk to people other than lynette in VC? they ALL thought like that.
What about the slaves (majority of people were) and that guy. I got an ending were the radiation count got to high and vc citizens started to glow or something. and any leader could lead them all to think like that. Like the overseer could or whatever. If lynette dies, her second-in-command would take over, and he doesn't mind ghouls, so he would porbably just say to the vault citizens:If you don't like it, get out. As he seems like the kind of guy that wouldn't mind expanding vault city...more open minded than most. Mabye cassidy could go back and free the slaves, and take over.
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

You got the radiated ending because you didnt optimize gecko.

slaves in VC are passive, controlled by the people of VC.

wright family used slaves to bew beer. dont try to make them out as the goodie goodies of new reno. they are as viscious as the others.

the fuel for the hubologists space shuttle was used in the tanker to get to the posideon oil rig where the enclave reside. there is no way they could fly it. also, talk to the computer in San Fran and you'll realise that the shuttle is unlikely to take off let alone fly.

One guy in a city of thousands is unlikely to make much of a difference. if he opposed the people's wants too much he'd be out.
"And when he gets to heaven
To St. Peter he will tell
one more soldier reporting, Sir.
I've served my time in hell."
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of War.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Constipated BladeRunner wrote: THere were hundreds of vaults, probably even some more in the Calif area. My new idea is a conflict between the American Militia and New World Republic, composed of civilians who survived WW3 and a group of Vaults that opeaned quickly
No one knows how many vaults there were. But hundreds, that's just speculation.

American Militia and New World Republic :?:
I don't know what they are but sounds more like Star Wars to me. And it sounds like a Fallout game. I want to explore, adventure, cruise around with my highwayman. And that's not possible in 2083, not without wearing a thick rad suit. Better come up with another idea, pal. :roll:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

FireWolf wrote:wright family used slaves to bew beer. dont try to make them out as the goodie goodies of new reno. they are as viscious as the others.
But they are better than the others.
the fuel for the hubologists space shuttle was used in the tanker to get to the posideon oil rig where the enclave reside. there is no way they could fly it. also, talk to the computer in San Fran and you'll realise that the shuttle is unlikely to take off let alone fly.
I got my fuel from the shi, and perhaps it could just drive along that small road then crash into the palace.
One guy in a city of thousands is unlikely to make much of a difference. if he opposed the people's wants too much he'd be out.
Well they're are more slaves than vault citizens, plus people outside. And they only feel that way because they were brought up to with people like lynette. And he would also control the guards, so blarg. When he does take over though, what do you think is going to happen?
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

armed uprising. a revolution as you have pointed out would need either mass support of the people OR a very very strong army and military police force with martial law. If you think that citizen seargeant stark would like any part with ghouls you are wrong. the guy was willing to lead a strike to kill them all.

the wrights used slaves for alcohol. they are not the lesser of evils. personally i think the bishops were the least inuhman of the crime bosses. yet you cannot say that having the wrights control the whole place would make it a nice and cheerful place. they're all crime bosses.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Salvatore.
Anyway, only the cities would be nuked, and it could be assumed that u had a constant supply of radx
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

taking radx every 2 minutes isnt my idea of a fun game
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

HEY WELL PERHAPS U CULD BE A GHOUL OR SMT AND MEBBE GO AND FIND A GECK LMAO!!!11111111
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Oh yes I am sorry, I forgot that the fallout universe is known for its amazing realisim! Ooo, maybe in FO everything that is not human should be taken out! :argue: we sound like my parents now-
Anyway, the cities would be nuked, only the big ones, and not the praries- they would be destroyed by alot of other things.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

FireWolf wrote:the wrights used slaves for alcohol. they are not the lesser of evils...yet you cannot say that having the wrights control the whole place would make it a nice and cheerful place.
Actually, the Wrights are the ticket to the most positive ending for NR in the whole game. If you don't let them know that you've breached SAD's defenses, then destroy the alcohol stills for Mrs. Wright NR turns into a center of learning w/a university and everything. So, the Wrights are the least of all evils in NR. Not to mention that you can slaughter any family except for the Wrights and not have the Child Killer karmic title.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Constipated BladeRunner wrote:Oh yes I am sorry, I forgot that the fallout universe is known for its amazing realisim! Ooo, maybe in FO everything that is not human should be taken out! :argue: we sound like my parents now-
Anyway, the cities would be nuked, only the big ones, and not the praries- they would be destroyed by alot of other things.
Well it's not entirely realistic, but there is SOME realism. If you are going to have a guy walk round an area where a nuke just landed he can't survive. If your going to allow that, why not just include magic and stuff? If you have it set just a few years after the nuke landed, the whole planet would be like the glow.

I think it's possible new reno gets cleaned up. At least move the prostitutes off the streets and into houses. And redding had a huge jet problem, but you managed to change that by selling the cure to someone.

and whoever controls vault city also controls the guards. The guards are armed, while the citizens aren't. If the head of the guards hates ghouls, the guy could just replace him with someone else. I would'nt mind seeing a statue of Cassidy and Lenny(the npc ghoul guy...) in the centre of vault city or something. If vault city and gecko combine they would become a very powerful town...similair to ncr.

They would either destory each other or make peace with each other. I don't care, so long as harold is in fallout 3 with a huge tree sticking out of his head with little apples growing on it.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

are you JOKING? have you no idea what a modern nuclear bomb does- a hydrogen bomb?
THEY ARE SPECIFICLY DESINGED TO KILL PEOPLE WITHOUT HAVIING THE MESSY RADIOACTIVE CLEAB UP!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Well then why are you saying a prequel would be good in a really rough enviroment if it's meant to be clean.

Yes I saw the test of a bomb once with plastic figures. It killed all the figures (whatever) and just blew a lot of dust across ground zero. But on Terminator 2 that was'nt very clean was it? I'm not sure whaterv bomb they used, but...

I can't be bothered arguing. Almost everyone here doesn't want a prequel.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

The H-bomb was originally developed in WW2 by German scientist and they used so called "hard water" made in Hydrogen Dams that were destroyed by British Commandos. My Great Uncle was one of those Commandos. But think, what would the world be like if Germany had got H-bombs, they would have won the war... then what would the world be like now?
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

TheReaper wrote: But think, what would the world be like if Germany had got H-bombs, they would have won the war... then what would the world be like now?
North America would be pretty big mess, that's for sure.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Bulldog wrote:
TheReaper wrote: But think, what would the world be like if Germany had got H-bombs, they would have won the war... then what would the world be like now?
North America would be pretty big mess, that's for sure.
What, it isnt?
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

yeah, it isn't a graveyard of cities bombed out by German H-bombs.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Constipated BladeRunner wrote:Oh yes I am sorry, I forgot that the fallout universe is known for its amazing realisim! Ooo, maybe in FO everything that is not human should be taken out! :argue: we sound like my parents now-
Realism isn't that important as long as it's logical.

I agree, only the cities and strategically important locations would be nuked but if they're still under heavy radiation you shouldn't go there. And taking radx every five mins wouldn't be fun.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Okay, the modern nuke is made to kill everything and leave as little radiaton as possible. It is logical that in 2077 nukes where made to the extremethat way-
I know, the fallowers say there are still rads down south, but that must have been a group of dirty bombs- they are used for really bad situations.
Our Host!