The orphans stole my fuel cell regulator

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Jokque
SDF!
SDF!

The orphans stole my fuel cell regulator

Post by Jokque »

When i played this game years ago on the US version (ie having kids, the UK verson doesnt have kids in it) i cant say i remember the orphans in the Den stealing stuff from me that would later show up in one of the 2 shops

I wanted to play this game again, but i misplaced my CD back in the days, so i bought a new one which turned out to be the UK version. Wanting to play the same game i used to i installed a fan made patch that added kids to the game

During my questing and cleaning up of the Den i had to go to the stores (flick and tubby ?) several times and buy back stuff they had stolen, one time even the fuel cell regulator from klamath

However, after being done with the Den (i assume i lost the regulator at this point) i didnt check if anything was missing from my inventory, and headed east. After "completing" modoc, vault city and gecko i went back to the Den to get my car with the car part i got from gecko. However, i noticed i didnt have the fuel cell regulator, but have no idea when i have lost this. Neither of the 2 stores, nor any of the pickpocketing orphans have it either, so i really dont know where it is

Anyone experienced this problem and might know where my regulator is ? Did it get "cycled" out of one of the 2 shop inventories due to me being gone from the Den for like 2 months ? Or is this a bug related to the children patch ? Maybe theres other places in the game where people pickpocket your stuff ? (i have only been to klamath, the den, gecko, modoc, vault city and ghost farm, none of the southern cities)
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

It is documented (I do not recall exactly where), that if the player does not (mind boggling !) equip the ring, the game knows and in a fit of spite employs subliminal imagery to trigger a mild (usually) seizure, typically causing the player to dispose of random (often plot critical) items and then suppress the memories of doing so. Further, this response is rumoured to increase the potential for critical failures in combat and waking life both. It is believed to foster a penchant for unorthodox flavours of sorbet (such as asparagus or pork). It is known to be the leading cause of Odd Sock syndrome, and the presence of San Francisco. The patch does not address any of these heinous issues.

If I were you (am proud to write that I am glad that I am not), the psychological tampering itself would concern me far more than any purely game related consequences thereof. Yes. :drunk:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Try using the Inventory Editor to change a rock or something into a Fuel Cell Regulator

Apparently the inventory size is fixed and can only be changed in-game.

(The editor is a bit less than halfway down the page.)
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

the same thing happened to me the last time I played, just do what Redeye suggested. Also, using the inv editor did some strange things to my inventory, so I suggest you put everything but the item you're going to change in a locker or something before trying anything, or you just might end up with a few dozen leather jackets in your inventory for some strange reason.
Jokque
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Jokque »

Redeye wrote:Try using the Inventory Editor to change a rock or something into a Fuel Cell Regulator

Apparently the inventory size is fixed and can only be changed in-game.

(The editor is a bit less than halfway down the page.)
great, ill try this one out

didnt even realise there was an item editor for this game, would have tried that one before posting then hehe
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

That's hilarious and it shows the greatness of Fallout, in some way.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

best topic title '07.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Try to kill all those litte buggers, maybe the regulator will appear in their dead bodies :hug:
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

vx trauma wrote:best topic title '07.
couldn't agree more :chuckel:

to the thread's author: embrace wasteland :hahano:
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

would score bisexual coke sample delivery skanks with that tshirt. every time.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Blargh wrote:It is documented (I do not recall exactly where), that if the player does not (mind boggling !) equip the ring, the game knows and in a fit of spite employs subliminal imagery to trigger a mild (usually) seizure, typically causing the player to dispose of random (often plot critical) items and then suppress the memories of doing so.
Do these seizures override the protection the game has against the player's dropping quest-critical items, in place though only for the G.E.C.K. (and perhaps also the water chip in the first) of what I am aware?
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Re: The orphans stole my fuel cell regulator

Post by Kahgan »

Jokque wrote:The orphans stole my fuel cell regulator
Kill the litle bastards, even if they don't have it, it's worth the time just to see them squeel :chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
PiP

Post by PiP »

kill everyone while you're at it and then get some new party
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »