Trouble adding recruits to default BOS campaign.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Trouble adding recruits to default BOS campaign.

Post by Burnov »

I created a few entities and with the instructions of JJ86's tutorial I planned to put them in as recruitable with the default BOS campaign.

I believe I did everything correctly except I'm not sure what file I'm supposed to specify when importing them into the campaign.

Is it campaign.txt?

Furthermore. As I understood it, only adding recruits to the first mission will require the editing of a map. Can new recruits at various bunkers be added without having to edit any mission?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Re: Trouble adding recruits to default BOS campaign.

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Burnov wrote:I believe I did everything correctly except I'm not sure what file I'm supposed to specify when importing them into the campaign.

Is it campaign.txt?
Yes, everything you want to import into the cam file should go in the campaign.txt. Or a copy of the campaign.txt.
Burnov wrote:Furthermore. As I understood it, only adding recruits to the first mission will require the editing of a map. Can new recruits at various bunkers be added without having to edit any mission?
New recruits can be just added via the recruit pool if you've kept the same tagnames in the campaign.txt

i.e. {mission01;add;entities/recruits/hm11.ent}

But if haven't then you'll need to edit the maps to add triggers to activate these recruits.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

So essentially I have to replace instead of defining entirely new ones, if I wish to have them in the campaign without editing anything?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

No you can add new ones but if you don't want to edit any other maps you'll be stuck with same progression as the main campaign.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I think, if I remember correctly, new recruits are added to the pool via global variables in bunkers.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

It's a bit of both, I think some of the missions added recruits as well.

But as long as you start your path with the tagnames already used in the campaign.txt the new recruits would be made available (subject to rank) at the same time as the old ones.
Our Host!