Weapons for FO, wadda ya want?

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Yossarian
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Yossarian »

Keep the classic Fallout weapons (esp. the automatic shotgun and the 10mm Handgun) and introduce some iconic real-world weapons.

Personally, I'd like to see more revolvers (Python, anyone?) and I gots to have a sawn-off shotgun two minutes into the game.

I think less rayguns a bit later in the game would be a good thing too.

Also, we need a baseball-bat with some nails in it and a piece of chain. And crossbows. All nice and low tech and dirty.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Yossarian wrote:introduce some iconic real-world weapons.
No.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Dreadnought wrote:
Yossarian wrote:introduce some iconic real-world weapons.
No.

For once he's right. And if you don't know why, Yossarian, read some old threads. Hell, read THIS thread.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Is anyone opposed to a BAR? I likes them alots.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Yossarian
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Yossarian »

Fallout had the Deagle and the Mauser, didn't it? I didn't mean swamping the game to make every gun bunny happy "Ooooh, there's the P90 with lasersight", but just to introduce some variety.

I wouldn't be angry if they kept it generic, but only one type of SMG and assault rifle? That would be poor.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Yossarian wrote:Fallout had the Deagle and the Mauser, didn't it? I didn't mean swamping the game to make every gun bunny happy "Ooooh, there's the P90 with lasersight", but just to introduce some variety.

I wouldn't be angry if they kept it generic, but only one type of SMG and assault rifle? That would be poor.
It's not a fucking FP shooting game where you NEED ZOMFG INNOVAYSHUNZ otherwise all 12 year olds will cry.
They should take care of fucking dialogs and intelligent gameplay etc... guns... wtf... some rancid modders can make shitloads of guns...
The Mauser was a gun that appeared in all 3 Mad Max movies.
The desert eagle was allright, because it's THE FUCKING DESERT EAGLE.

But what do you want?
Seriously... Yossarian... try to fucking convince us, that there are ANY real life guns we WANT to have in the game.

Have fun (at failing).

Edit:

Actualy I'm wrong. Fallout 3 is (gonna be) a FPS game. D;
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

What about a quick wit and a sharp tongue? :rofl:
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

I´m expecting some bows and swords or other shit taken from Oblivion, retextured and importet to Fallout 3 again, calling it postapocalyptic.

:hahano: and the other half of them taken from Rogue Warrior.
Yossarian
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Yossarian »

The thread title is " Weapons for FO, wadda ya want?" - And, well, that's what I want, concerning weapons. Me, me, me.
They should take care of fucking dialogs and intelligent gameplay etc... guns... wtf... some rancid modders can make shitloads of guns...
Concerning priorities, you are surely right.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

IMO iconic real weapons are fine and were prevalent throughout fallout 1. the 'generic pistol' was really a m29fs or something, the 'generic smg' was an mp9, etc. but it worked because all the weapons were fairly distinct from one another (so the game didn't get bogged down in technical gun bullshit) and they cohered quite nicely with the 50s pulp vision. yossarian is right that more 'iconic' weapons would be nice, as long as the game doesn't get obsessed with them (like the 10 or so assault rifles that fallout tactics that were all functionally the same) and as long as they aren't anachronisms (like the H&K CAWS in fallout 2). but as it stands, i don't see what would be wrong with adding a handful of new smgs, shotguns etc.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I liked the generic guns (whether they were based on real guns or not)

As for new stuff, I want a fucking steel boomerang - like I said a couple of times.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

why do so many people think that they were generic? They had names, all of them. the 10mm was a Colt 6520, the SMG was an H&K mp9, the laser rifle was a WATZ 2000, the gatling laser wwas a sunbeam something, the hunting rifle was a rangemaster something.
Some of them have real world brands, wich is possible since Colt has been around for a pretty long time. Some of them was totally made up. But they weren't fucking generic.

As for what weapons I want to see.. All the ones from Fallout (1!) plus the gauss rifle and pistol from Fallout2 but less overpowered.
And a litle more variation among the diferent weapon classes, just for the sake of variety. And also more modifications of the allready existing weapons from Fallout (1!).

I have spoken (written) well! :chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
PiP

Post by PiP »

I don't fucking care that "the 10mm was a Colt 6520", I don't want to know if you ask me. For me it was a 10mm gun from Fallout. Period. Can't you get that?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I want all guns in Fallout 3 named bang bangs. ALL ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS SUPERFLUOUS.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Manually match up each round to the magazine, packing your own ammo. I use a howitzer.

PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Every FO weapon, Some of the FO2 weapons that fit the setting (sawed off shotgun) and teh gauss weapons (but make them fuckin harder to get, but not a 'beat this dunegon and u get em' type item.

More semi generic weapons, sawed off varriants of the various shotguns, even sawed down versions of various riffles and what not that have shorter barrel and or butt stock (maybe have them cost 1 less AP to fire cause theyre easier to move, but less range / accuracy)

Improvised weapons, spears and what not, need to be redone to be beliveable, a fucking crossbow would make sense, but only if it had a higher reload AP cost (and hey, they did have the Xbow in mad max IIRC) but no gay ass modern hunting ones that are small.

An occasional broken bottle (barfight scenario) would make sense, but not overdone like in FOCraptics. (you break it and use it, you dont walk around with the fuckin thing)
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

http://www.herald-journal.com/archives/ ... ilgun.html
It seems a creative group of Winsted guys were sitting at a Legion meeting one evening in the mid-1950s, and came to the conclusion that they could buy a lot more beer if they had more money, according to Marvin Hirsch, who was one of the guys there that evening.

“Reuben (Miller) said we gotta invent an automatic nailer that works like a machine gun,� Hirsch said. Many of the guys sitting at the Legion club that night, including Hirsch, had returned from service in World War II and had knowledge of the machine gun and how it worked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_gun
All kinds of nail guns can be dangerous, so safety precautions similar to those for a firearm are usually recommended for their use.
Ergo, I advocate some sort of nail gun. I could imagine:
(1) A pneumatic nail-gun, with safety mechanism removed
(2) A scuba-tank, connected to the nail-gun

Scuba technology originated with the US Navy in WWII, so there's no reason some crafty wastelander couldn't put 2 + 2 together.

It could (have) happen(ed)...
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

They should rename the minigun to "the big gun"

reference: Doom comic.

And when you´re holding a rocketlauncher in your hand, some negro should say:

Dude, thats an RPG? Shit, thats an R-P-G?!
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

PsychoSniper wrote:...maybe have them cost 1 less AP ...

Poor bastard is still under the impression that it's going to be turn based. :drunk:

PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

jetbaby wrote:
PsychoSniper wrote:...maybe have them cost 1 less AP ...

Poor bastard is still under the impression that it's going to be turn based. :drunk:
:cry:
Our Host!