What's up with those unreachable lockers?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

What's up with those unreachable lockers?

Post by SuperH »

I mean really, why are they there. What is the game mechanic behind storing the npc's stuff in a locker, on screen?

Looking at the mapper, there aren't any other maps that I know of that do the same thing?

Or are the shop items stuck somewhere else, like a table that you can't access in game?

Anyone know / have any idea?
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

One possible answer:

They've built it in, because they wanted to freak out the community, and obviously they succeeded.

And consider the following:

The lockers are VISIBLE and REACHABLE (unlike other possible lockers in the game)

t3h mizzteeree0uz!!!!1111oneoneoneraz
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

or: the designers fucked up. that would be oh-so-surprising.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Or, like the voices in my head wanted me to tell you, it's part of a big conspiracy!
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

atoga wrote:or: the designers fucked up. that would be oh-so-surprising.
I'm sure they did fuck up making them visible, but... I donno? There's nothing else like it on any other map, is what I'm getting at.

It probably is a conspiracy... :flamed:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

So the voices in my head were right and I'm not insane!

:D

Anyway, I think it's just one of the 52546246 krizillion eatereggs in Fallout 2.
StEaLtH_BoY3000
SDF!
SDF!

Post by StEaLtH_BoY3000 »

Well, it's been awhile since I have played FO2 since my dad sold it for 1$
at FunCo LAND AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :anger: GRAAAAGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

Ahem, anyways, is Broken Hills anywhere near your starting village? If so, some 'crappy' guns and some drugs may help you in the beginning.
Have faith in Fallout 3, so when it comes out, you run and scream and start an angry mob, justified that you started out peacefully.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

StEaLtH_BoY3000 wrote:Well, it's been awhile since I have played FO2 since my dad sold it for 1$
at FunCo LAND AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :anger: GRAAAAGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

Ahem, anyways, is Broken Hills anywhere near your starting village? If so, some 'crappy' guns and some drugs may help you in the beginning.
Spoiler:

Is on the other side of the map, ESE of Arroyo.
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

You can reach them, its just like in the volcano mission in Rage of Mages where you simply go around the fence to avoid a tough fight.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

minigunwielder wrote:You can reach them, its just like in the volcano mission in Rage of Mages where you simply go around the fence to avoid a tough fight.
Hard to do.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Actually you are all morons :)

Those three lockers represent the inventory of the miscelanious merchants found in Broken Hills.

They are designed that way so that when you kill or try to steal from them you receive nothing!
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

the reason for their existence has already been established you fucking dweeb. the question here is why they are visible when those in other settings are not.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Why, as Snake bait, of course.

Of course.

A pity no one will stomp upon the head. :drunk:
Our Host!