PnP Vault: Transcriptions needed

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PnP Vault: Transcriptions needed

Post by Jesus Christ »

Ausir seems to have gone A.W.A.L. without finishing this project. So I think we should just use the existing version of Jason Mical's PnP game from here.

Anyone who is willing, please pick a section and start adding it into the wiki.

To avoid duplicating effort in the process of transcribing all of this information it would be prudent to post what part you are working on, BEFORE you commence with the work. This way nobody will waist their time doing something just to have someone else post the same thing five minutes before they are done.

To enter this stuff into the wiki (for anyone who does not already know). Just follow the following steps:

1. Do a search for the heading you wish to transcribe by entering that exact heading into the search bar. For example if you want to do (Character Terminology) than just search for that;

2. You should than get a page that says There is no page titled "Character Terminology". You can create this page.

3. Click on the link (create this page)

Once added the text can be formatted by using the help link on the side of the page. Or you can find great tutorials at Mediawiki help.

Try to stick to one format; the following is the basic format used so far (plus subheading and bullets):

Code: Select all

==Heading==
Text, text, text. Blah, blah, blah.
==Heading==
Text, text, text. Blah, blah, blah.  For a link to another page use [[page title]].
===Sub heading===
Text, text, text. Blah, blah, blah.
*bullet point
*bullet point
*bullet point
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

i have part of the newer (ie. 3.0) version.

i'll upload some of it later.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Don't worry, I'm back, I just don't have that much time recently. I'll try to upload some more today.

By the way, Jesus, I reverted your edits to the description of the Vaults. Thing is, this is a PnP book, and the chapter with the description of the organizations is a general description for the players, and the player characters shouldn't normally know that vaults were an experiment. More about the Vaults can be added in a GM only chapter.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Ausir wrote:Don't worry, I'm back, I just don't have that much time recently. I'll try to upload some more today.
:dance:

Welcome home :hug:
Ausir wrote:By the way, Jesus, I reverted your edits to the description of the Vaults. Thing is, this is a PnP book, and the chapter with the description of the organizations is a general description for the players, and the player characters shouldn't normally know that vaults were an experiment. More about the Vaults can be added in a GM only chapter.
Cool. You make a good point, but I think maybe we should have both (what most people in the fallout world believe about the vaults and the truth).

Just a thought. Please don't crucify me if I'm way off base.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Yeah, we will have both. The common belief in the chapters for players and the truth in ones for the GM.

I added some stuff (see links at the bottom):

http://pnp.falloutvault.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

should i just vandalize the pnp thing to note where i feel things should be changed in some way, or what?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Just click on the discussion tab of the page you plan on changing and star a discussion about the change, if you are unsure that you would get consensus on the change. Even if you think you would get consensus you could be wrong as I learned with the whole description of the vault-people fiasco.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Our Host!