New FO d20 Forum at GCG website

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
gluttoncreeper
Glutton Creeper Games

New FO d20 Forum at GCG website

Post by gluttoncreeper »

AT GCG we have recieved a boat load of complaint about this forum, so as an alternitive we have set up a forum at http://www.gluttoncreeper.com/discussions for individual that can keep thier messages clean and have general good feedback and constructive criticism about the Fallout d20 project.

Those of you that cannot control your urges to use profanity and brow beat the designers and artists need to continue your discussion in this forum. We at GCG will continue to view this forum for constructive content at a weekly rate.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

idiotic. much as rosh's rants are laced with profanity, there is unarguably a lot of constructive criticism there on how us, the fanboys, would like things presented.

what's your new forum going to accomplish if we aren't allowed to take apart your writing?

i appreciate the fact that you guys have day jobs and are just doing this on the side. however the fact that you zealously protect everything you create without really bothering to wonder why we're bashing it, and then arbitrarily choosing to ignore the community altogether (after deleting all the posts in the forum for no reason, which isn't going to get you any points either isn't going to do anything for improving your game.

sure, constructive criticism doesn't need to be phrased so harshly, but pretty much everything not from rosh isn't.

and who's going to buy your game if not us?
Last edited by atoga on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Re: New FO d20 Forum at GCG website

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

gluttoncreeper wrote: for individual that can keep thier messages clean and have general good feedback and constructive criticism about the Fallout d20 project.
You have received a lot of constructive criticism from many members of this site, however, I don't think that you guys understand that your material is nowhere near to be released commercially. If you were a bunch of fans, making this in your own free time and spreading it for free, all would be fine, but we find it bloody insulting that you expect to benefit from this arguably half-assed work.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

gluttoncreeper wrote:AT GCG we have recieved a boat load of complaint about this forum
Yeah, I'm sure lots of people have been complaining about this forum and not, y'know, your half-arsed approach towards your "product"
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

gluttoncreeper wrote:AT GCG we have recieved a boat load of complaint about this forum,
Let me guess, all of the people who only cared to do half-ass work and now feel like being sucked off for it are complaining because everyone's not magically kissing their ass for having the Fallout "lincense"?

Wah. Maybe a verbal asshole needs to get the unscrupulous, lying, and fraudulent assholes to get back on track to doing good work, or nobody's buying this shit.
so as an alternitive we have set up a forum at http://www.gluttoncreeper.com/discussions
So go off into your own little world, kiddies, and forget having a presence in the Fallout community. Which will make it rather hard to sell a product to Fallout fans, genius!
for individual that can keep thier messages clean and have general good feedback and constructive criticism about the Fallout d20 project.
We gave you feedback on the other elements, which you apparently decided to ignore and just shovel out more "samples" that turned out to be even more laughable.
Those of you that cannot control your urges to use profanity and brow beat the designers and artists need to continue your discussion in this forum. We at GCG will continue to view this forum for constructive content at a weekly rate.
Maybe you'll learn to pay attention next time and not just ignore the critiques of one piece of work and then continue to shovel out more unacceptable work. The time to have stopped with the questionable samples would have been...oh, after the piece you unveiled around when you decided to wipe the forum. So if you're not going to pay attention to the corrections, even when they're posted on your own forum at length, then someone needs to put a boot up your fraudulent asses to make you shit merchants wake the hell up.
We are listening to what the masses are saying, most have good input, but a few other seem bitter with the need to rant which does not bother us any.
Neither does doing absolute craptacular work seem to bother you, either.
Fallout, whats that? No really, everyone that is involved has played through the fallout series of games a few times (even the consule version), but we are not fanatics, just fans.
But you're making a commercial product.

ACT LIKE IT.

"A bunch of fans" works for when you're off on some Geoshitties site, which looks like where you're from given your site's graphic design. You're now in the position to act in a professional capacity.

SO WHY DO YOU FAIL TO DO SO?
This is why we are listening to the masses
Liar. The released "samples" after the reception of the first one should have clued you in that the cover art and Traits would have been suicide to post in their sloppy forms.
and using resources like the Fallout Wiki (where the fanatics post).
Liar. Else the intro wouldn't have been such a jumbled, disorganized, and completely erroneous steaming pile of crap.
Some of the material will be new and revised to fit into the era we are pitching the game in (between FO1 and FO 2).
With the mix of Fallout and Fallout Tactics PA, and other misplaced elements that are not canon, which should be evident to most fans who were able to read through the background points like Zax with their brain turned on. Try another lie. You haven't listened worth dick, and have instead been shoveling out more and more questionable work. Well, I posed the question, and nobody seems to care to do decent work to the point of pridefully sucking each other off as an excuse for not doing even merely satisfactory work by sticking to canon/styles. Yet we're supposed to have our socks blown off by it. I have a feeling something got blown by it, canon, clear out of the water.

So, why hasn't anyone cared to give a reason why it doesn't stick to canon? Oh, wait, the "original" excuse, where you guys excuse skullfucking the canon for...well, no real reason other than the artist was clueless of the subject material and art styles of Fallout. There's no nicer nor more accurate way of saying it.
We also have to pitch to gamers that may have never experienced the Fallout games (god forbid why someone would miss out).
Then why the HELL are you botching canon? You're not going to get anyone with that, as Fallout fans would likely kill off word of mouth. Yes, I might not care about hurting your widdle feewings about you shoveling out crap, but you apparently don't care to do your job and the audience you're shoveling upon.

But if 17,000 is your target figure, minus console trash to hype it to, do you REALLY think you're doing a satisfactory, or even an "Evolution[ary] of Tabletop Games" kind of job?

Your own claims, asshole, live up to them.
How we got the FO license is our secret to keep.
Let me guess...it involved, you, Herve and five minutes in a back alley somewhere. From what I've seen, this so far makes F:POS look like good work. Maybe instead of taking Chuck's route of denial, maybe you'll grow a clue and a spine and decide to do good work instead of making a supplement for his sloppy bit of dishonesty.

F:POS d20 is more like it.
Traits: Classic Traits from the FO games convert to D20 with many new one to compliment the old.
No, you guys pretty much fucked up on the converted traits, and your new ones are about as complimentary as...well, our comments as to how shitty they are. Amazing coincidence, huh?

Then there's the idiot Tensen01 and his mouth-stuffing like an absolute moron, again:
They do not understand the idea of people adding their own ideas to it.
Not when they do not fit established canon and styles, RETARD! We do not want to see some idiot going off and drawing the wrong style or a mangled action poster that absolutely ignores everything about Fallout (just TRY to tell me that artist played Fallout to any depth, and I'll show you a liar and an idiot fraud of an "artist"), including Fallout's styles, for a quick buck on a commercial product.

Again, WE DON'T CARE TO PAY FOR CRAP. We don't care to pay for Fallout again in name only. Maybe if you guys were actual fans instead of "lincense" rapists, then you might have some clue about the background of Fallout's titles and why each wasn't liked. So far, you're not even close to FOT's style of mangling, and you're starting to look wholly complimenting to Chuck Cuevas' style of development. Half-ass primadonnas in a happy circle-jerk that don't care to do real work, and don't care to listen to those who DO have a clue.

"Re-using artwork" wouldn't be considered "real work", so I guess that finally kills your idiotic argument of:
Were the book to use nothing but art from the game they'd say "But where's the new art? Why didn'y you have artists draw new stuff." It is simply the nature of the Fanboy.
And it is the nature of a so-called hack "artist" to fail to notice artistic styles. Sure, why not just use Googie for a Victorian period, or Art Deco for the Middle Ages? It fits your moronic excuses. Kind of like using modern styles for a P&P game set in a universe as if a 50's sci-fi pulp writer wrote and drew it. EC Comics again for the slow, and for the amateur artists without any professional art backgrounds. That doesn't even look close, kiddies, so what the fuck is the excuse now?
And contrary to popular belief the Fanboy is not the target audience... It never should be. All that causes is unoriginal material and lack of imagination.
Moron. We ARE the target audience, and if you don't get the material right and according to the canon, then you only get the idiots who impulse buy this shit from the d20 supplement rack.

So, have fun in your happy circle-jerk of seeing what you only want to see, kids. Enjoy sales figures that will make F:POS look like success in comparison, because you're taking an even worse route. At least Chuck could get some of the dates right after the whole "I was born shortly after the bombs dropped..." line and dance.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

But seriously folks, I wouldn't want this piece of shit if someone gave it to me for free. You clearly don't have the attitude, nor the skills for this kind of project. Why still bother? Out of interest, how many copies are you estimating to sell?
Mog
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mog »

I would hate to be the one to say this but really how many of you are there here that are fallout fans, 20/50 max.....guess how many ppl are part of the rpg gaming world......millions. they own it they can ruin it how they want to.....on the other hand there is nothing that says that one cannot make up there own pp rpg and do what was metioned above.....GIVE IT AWAY FOR FREE. and there you go chances are you get enough ppl together on a forum somewhere and figure it all out in a day, sometimes less..pack all the info away in a pdf file and submit it to the masses.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Mog wrote:I would hate to be the one to say this but really how many of you are there here that are fallout fans, 20/50 max.....guess how many ppl are part of the rpg gaming world......millions.
Guess how many of those millions care about a Fallout rpg? 20/50 max. Who are those 20/50 max? The Fallout fans here.

Don't bring up completely retarded arguments like these, please.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Mog wrote:I would hate to be the one to say this but really how many of you are there here that are fallout fans, 20/50 max
Learn to count, moron.

Really, please learn how to count.

DAC and NMA also often have different readerships, due to news posting styles and such. So maybe you'd like to try something a bit more difficult than counting and add those two big numbers up. It would be quite illuminating.

Those are just two sites, not including TRS or others, of which only a minority are shared population. As you can tell by my differing postcounts (although my history of admin/moderatorship of DAC from 1998 (minus the GameSpy years) is not shown), I am mostly a lurker here unless I need to wave the size 13 bullshit flags into someone's ass repeatedly. GluttonCreeper released three samples of their work. So far, all three have been unacceptable on art, background fiction, and the core ruleset turning into a munchkinfest or outright idiocy from how the Traits look.

Anyone care to explain Jinxed, or anything else I disected from the Traits sample at NMA, AP arguably hosed in either ruleset? Anyone care to explain as to why they appear to have no clue of WHAT a Trait is, and aside from those copied from Mical's work and the games (even a couple are still hosed), the "new" ones are laughably munchkinfesting past racial limits. So why should the general P&P audience care for what looks like a half-ass publication, either?

Anyone at GC care to explain themselves for what obviously doesn't fit the style or instill the same quality the name Fallout infers, or just whine and retreat with multiple piss trails some more?

*hands GluttonCreeper's balls back to them*

There, you may now speak. Sorry if I had to rip them off like a paper towel in the first place, but it was becoming obvious that nobody was taking the feedback to the samples at all seriously. Now that you have been presented with reality, do you have the spine to do what is right, or did I accidentally rip that out as well?
.....guess how many ppl are part of the rpg gaming world......millions.
And how many of those millions enjoy paying hard-earned money for crap? Not many. Yes, this same stupid argument was used for FOT and the tactical audience, and F:POS for the "Fallout + console = $$$" idiocy that only got 17,000 stupid enough to buy it.

Bongratulations on being a few years too <s>late</s> slow.
they own it they can ruin it how they want to.....
That doesn't mean that we have to LIKE IT. They want to claim all sorts of things, then they can live up to those things or be recognized as the frauds they truly are. Simple common sense.
on the other hand there is nothing that says that one cannot make up there own pp rpg and do what was metioned above.....GIVE IT AWAY FOR FREE. and there you go chances are you get enough ppl together on a forum somewhere and figure it all out in a day, sometimes less..pack all the info away in a pdf file and submit it to the masses.
Funny you should mention that... ;)
It's not d20, we'll let GluttonCreeper enjoy the audience that apparently likes throwing away money on Shit². We'll also go multi-lingual, since we know Polish-speakers are a fair portion of the Fallout audience.
Obsidian:

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Mog
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mog »

Hey sorry guys i thought this was an opinion place sorry to poop on your bitch fest, this place sounds like its more for you guys to bitch about how someone else has the chance to do something you never could, maybe you could be something other than windbags. But thats just my opinion right, just like you guys have yours. So before you go calling down some one else for speaking maybe you should go buy the rights to fallout, then maybe you can deal with all the bull that these ppl gotta deal with from guys/girls like you guys. In fact I would be surprised if any of you have a life outside of getting a rise out of hard-banging someone else from behind the saftey of your monitor. don't worry anyone can delete this post from the forum or whatever cause your just as bad deep in side as GCG at their forum. I won't post back and I am done here but I'm gonna watch and see how many seconds it takes for somebody to bs me about how much of a MORON I am or how long it takes to get censored out.
Baby arm's evil twin
Respected
Respected

Post by Baby arm's evil twin »

Mog wrote:Hey sorry guys i thought this was an opinion place sorry to poop on your bitch fest, this place sounds like its more for you guys to bitch about how someone else has the chance to do something you never could, maybe you could be something other than windbags. But thats just my opinion right, just like you guys have yours. So before you go calling down some one else for speaking maybe you should go buy the rights to fallout, then maybe you can deal with all the bull that these ppl gotta deal with from guys/girls like you guys. In fact I would be surprised if any of you have a life outside of getting a rise out of hard-banging someone else from behind the saftey of your monitor. don't worry anyone can delete this post from the forum or whatever cause your just as bad deep in side as GCG at their forum. I won't post back and I am done here but I'm gonna watch and see how many seconds it takes for somebody to bs me about how much of a MORON I am or how long it takes to get censored out.
:lalala:
:hug:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

you couldn't come up with any rebuttal after getting all self-righteous on us for insulting others, so you started slinging 'you guys totally have no lives' insults. brilliant stratagem.

as for throwing together fallout tabletop games of our own, the community-at-large already has? try looking around before you mindlessly mangle up da discussion.

:che:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Mog wrote:(Snip a load of idiocy.)
1. There's already a Fallout P&P system. One that doesn't totally promise to suck given the art, background fiction, and ruleset so far shown. Someone is currently working upon an improvement, if you couldn't get the hint earlier. Congratulations, moron, Hooked-On Phonics werked fur yoo!
2. Many Fallout fansites have been publishing info on/about Fallout for years, a LOT more work than GC has failed to do in a few months. You want to talk about work? I probably did more work on the number of Fallout fansites I was a part of in 98, than GC has bothered to do yet, and that was years ago. GC hasn't done a damn thing in comparison. You want to talk about experience? >20 years writing and playing P&P games of various flavors. The same with video games. Chances are my DICK has more experience writing P&P concepts in yellow snow than most of GC has in abusing the clipart CD for logos and the meaning of "Evolution".
3. I am a game developer and a game designer, which might be why I can have some idea of setting and mechanics structure.
4. I am not impressed, nor envious, of this lazy work and the craptacular "samples" shown. Show me someone who IS envious of it, and I'll show you a total idiot.
5. You weren't here to begin with, and your two posts of rampant cluelessness will be *sorely* missed, I'm sure.
6. Chance are you're a relative or child brother of someone on the development team, or someone on the development team, to be so ignorant or so in denial about the details to say the garbage you have without being able/unwilling to see the basic facts.
Obsidian:

Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Mog wrote:Hey sorry guys i thought this was an opinion place sorry to poop on your bitch fest, this place sounds like its more for you guys to bitch about how someone else has the chance to do something you never could, maybe you could be something other than windbags. But thats just my opinion right, just like you guys have yours. So before you go calling down some one else for speaking maybe you should go buy the rights to fallout, then maybe you can deal with all the bull that these ppl gotta deal with from guys/girls like you guys. In fact I would be surprised if any of you have a life outside of getting a rise out of hard-banging someone else from behind the saftey of your monitor. don't worry anyone can delete this post from the forum or whatever cause your just as bad deep in side as GCG at their forum. I won't post back and I am done here but I'm gonna watch and see how many seconds it takes for somebody to bs me about how much of a MORON I am or how long it takes to get censored out.
We're not going to delete your post. Instead, we're going to leave it up, so that everyone can see how much of a moron you are.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Good work everyone. We have em' on the run.
Baby arm's evil twin
Respected
Respected

I vote Rosh for MVP on this one. :salute:
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

We don't delete posts here at DAC, no matter how much people might not like the criticism included in them. I'm assuming this is why Glutton Creeper decided to open up his own forum. We don't censor here. We're not fascists or communists.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Baby arm's evil twin
Respected
Respected

We love you Captain! :salute:

Keep up the good work, and don't be discouraged by GCG's decision to retreat. Once they go out of business due to gross mismanagement and the complete lack of a PR dept, they would not be able to pay the bills anyways.

Let them go KoC...

Let them go...
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

http://gluttoncreeper.com/discussions/v ... hp?p=24#24
http://gluttoncreeper.com/discussions/v ... hp?p=25#25

I would like to take a moment to note that John, you are perhaps the most stupid sack of lying shit I have had the displeasure of meeting since Chuck. Your lies, self-delusion, and pride mean nothing to me, as they are irrelevant to the production of this title. That you place importance upon them instead of serious feedback, as in figuring out WHY they aren't in the 50's styles instead of just spoodging out "THEY ARE IN TEH 50's!" like a moron after Tensen01 just opened his stupid mouth about how the LACK of 50's styles are excused by the artists going off on a coke bender to do their own shit regardless of Fallout's setting, speaks clearly for how utterly clueless you asshats are about each other's work. You're not even on the same page, kiddies.

Gotcha, asswipes. So go ahead and do like Chuck and hide from all negativity to what you're lying about and shoveling out, but then I would note that you shouldn't have a Fallout d20 forum at all, or even a forum at all, because the rest of your work is likely just as shit. Like Chuck, you've managed to have a higher presence of questioning the product than actual discussion regarding feedback and material of the product. You decided to ignore the feedback, so I had to put a boot up your ass until you whined about the taste of the polish. Now you've run off to hide and seem to believe lying on your own forum seems to make it all better.

It isn't, amateurs. You have no experience.
gluttoncrapper wrote:Actually we received several files which one crashed our computer around week four of the project, after that point and a wasted day reloading software, all file sent from non-designers or artist got axed by our email program. It is a possibilty that it was not view or maybe it was. It you feel slightly by not getting a response, then we apologize. We are busy and are focus on the development of two games, so thing lack elsewhere, and delays happen.

As for having experience is game design GCG has the knowledge of 20 years of tabletop gaming with John having 8 years in game design, with freelance work for D&D 2E and D&D 3.0/5E. So were not clueless here, but we are learning some new things as we go, what company doesn't.
First, if a "file crashes your computer" and takes everything with it, you need to learn how to use a computer and get off of that iMac. Also learn what a fucking antivirus is, too, because I believe you're stupid enough to open those penis enlargement e-mails.

Second, if you lose all of your information because one computer eats it, then you are obviously a newbie that doesn't understand to have multiple back-up locations and depositories for your resources.

Don't try to lie to us any further about your experience. It shows, trust us, it shows...
gluttoncrackheads wrote:The illustrations that the artist have done are surpurb and done in a 50's style.* The cover is based off of models from the game, to show interested players what to expect**. Have a vault boy or simple FO logo for the cover does not accomplish this***. The cover is not complete, is getting a FO style logo (the one is the preview is a temporary logo).

We will defend our artist team, development team, and playtest teams as they are doing a great job finding issues in the mechanics and editing/canon issues and making this an overall great product. Evil or Very Mad ****

Don't underestimate the little small press companies. Everyone starts somewhere and either makes it or breaks. And we taking on the odds, brothers. *****
* - LIAR!
** - LIAR! Turbine engines when prop engine planes were in use due to EMP threats, likely the same reason why the silicon semi-conductor was never invented or used - probably was too EMP vulnerable. This also goes for the computer-controlled artillery ranks, questionable presence in the pic when the artist could have picked a hundred more apropos setting elements. Shoulder pads and elbow pads on Vault suits, including new yellow gloves. Super-mutants with smooth skin and smooth brow. A ghoul that looks more like a burn-ward victim than a ghoul. Guns akimbo, for that John Woo kiddy action movie poster shit this actually is styled upon, not Fallout's 50's pulp styles. A PA that I have mentioned multiple times so that even a retard should have figured it out by now, has a flattened Fo1 helmet and a set of FOT shoulders. So even John is too stupid to see that the cover in no way resembles EC Comics covers, or the style of Fallout's art. Then the shithead is going to lie to us about in-game models and crap like that, when the sample obviously didn't.
*** - "See! It's good because we could have done even LESS work on it!" Moron.
**** - LIAR! They haven't so far, and judging how no Fallout fan seems to care for this shit except for the delusional shitmongers, you can keep defending your pride all you want, kids, it's not going to make you any more popular than Chuck Cuevas.
***** - Wait, I thought you were supposedly "experienced", and knew what the fuck you were doing. Doesn't quite sound like that in the last two paragraphs, so try another line. No, I don't mean of what you're snorting to believe your own lies.
Obsidian:

atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

the GCG fella could also learn to put together grammatically correct sentences. much as i hate school grammar bullshit, that makes me seriously question his ability to edit & oversee the whole project. :che:
Our Host!