New FO d20 Forum at GCG website

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
emoutofthevee
Regular
Regular

Post by emoutofthevee »

This is load of s**t!
...what are you going to do when they call for you
band and capitulate or keep your head on straight...
Mog
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mog »

"* - LIAR!
** - LIAR! Turbine engines when prop engine planes were in use due to EMP threats, likely the same reason why the silicon semi-conductor was never invented or used - probably was too EMP vulnerable. This also goes for the computer-controlled artillery ranks, questionable presence in the pic when the artist could have picked a hundred more apropos setting elements. Shoulder pads and elbow pads on Vault suits, including new yellow gloves. Super-mutants with smooth skin and smooth brow. A ghoul that looks more like a burn-ward victim than a ghoul. Guns akimbo, for that John Woo kiddy action movie poster shit this actually is styled upon, not Fallout's 50's pulp styles. A PA that I have mentioned multiple times so that even a retard should have figured it out by now, has a flattened Fo1 helmet and a set of FOT shoulders. So even John is too stupid to see that the cover in no way resembles EC Comics covers, or the style of Fallout's art. Then the shithead is going to lie to us about in-game models and crap like that, when the sample obviously didn't.
*** - "See! It's good because we could have done even LESS work on it!" Moron.
**** - LIAR! They haven't so far, and judging how no Fallout fan seems to care for this shit except for the delusional shitmongers, you can keep defending your pride all you want, kids, it's not going to make you any more popular than Chuck Cuevas.
***** - Wait, I thought you were supposedly "experienced", and knew what the fuck you were doing. Doesn't quite sound like that in the last two paragraphs, so try another line. No, I don't mean of what you're snorting to believe your own lies."

Mog returns!!!!!!!
Nobody should care!!!!!!
Don't know enough to do stupid quotation blocks!!!

But I am sorry about previous posts and after careful review of the GCG info I am foroced to recant my previous statements (some of which were a little{ok alot}self riteous{is that how youspell that?}) and agree with what i quoted above. GcG is ruining fallouts image. After reading a lot more it makes me sick to think that someone with the limited knowledge and no, and I mean no creative vision gets even this far with an idea so great. GcG should stick to doing what it does best CRACK!!!!!
Baby arm's evil twin
Respected
Respected

Post by Baby arm's evil twin »

:hug:

Welcome to the family Mogsy...

Welcome home...
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

who are you anyhow... some lurker or you found this forum because you were interested in GCG's work?
Or a new proud Fallout defender? ;)
Mog
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mog »

Hmmm too much of a neophyte to tell whether I am or am not a lurker. I was at frist intrigued by GcG 's pp rpg, you may say that I was lured in by the dark side.....then I saw the light when I read their bull.
Basically I have been a Fallout fan since I first heard of its roll out ( I had been awaiting a sequel to wasteland for awhile at that point ) and I can say for sure that I am a fallout defender( which is why I engaged my mouth function earlier instead of my brain function{sry to those i dissed again})
If these do-do's at GcG are allowed to roll out this half assed product of their deranged and misguided minds I am pretty sure that it would hurt all Fallout fans equally. Basiccally my problem with it is this, it has no outright originality to it, no new ideas, strike that it has new ideas based on old and very wrong proven philsophies, you cannot have an rpg spin-off thats so different from its parents series that it actually means something different. Sure the terms are the same, the names are the same, but it's like looking at a creepy alternate reality thing where every thing has goen terribly wrong. and from the looks of it it seems like I was not the only one lured in by this evil, there are plenty of ppl out there in the world and on the GcG forums that seem to be taken in by all their bs too, and the sad part is after reading along their forums it seems that they are using fans to do there work for them, and not to mention stealing ideas from past games just to band-aid their frankestein together.

But as I have said earlier this is just my opinion and I have been wrong before!

mOg out ( aKa MoRoN )
Speed_demon
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Speed_demon »

I am appalled by the idiocy of even his posts. Who the fuck are these guys? Do they think they are the "Saviours of Fallout" or are they just stupid. World of Warcraft did the same thing, reduced an amazing game to a mindless time-fuck of a game that is more about spending the money and ccomparing who had the biggest sword, than chilling out, having some fun, and running a game. These Mickey Mouse RPG's are nothing but a money grab. "Hey, lets make a game that takes forever to play, and is rediculously simple so we can make lots of money by sitting on our asses." The same has been seen from what GC has released, in promising accurate representation of the Fallout world, and giving us baby vomit. You appear to have the same theory as WoW that making a game "Marketable" is synonymous with "Stupid". Personally, I like money, everyone does, but don't insult loyal Fallout fans with this dispicable bastardization you are trying to market. You are not fooling anyone.

If you do not want our opinions, they why are you asking for them? :anger:
Adventuring in the wasteland on a daily basis
Baby arm's evil twin
Respected
Respected

Post by Baby arm's evil twin »

spoQn wrote:I think this topic has been discussed to death, and I don't see the need to continue it further. I can see PiP's reasons for raising the point in the new forums, as it is obviously something he feels strongly about, and wants others to hear his opinion. But the manner in which he has gone about creating discussion on this topic leaves much to be desired.

Be aware, there is a difference between constructive criticism, and just plain old ugly criticism.

Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others with the intention of helping the reader or the artist, rather than creating an oppositional attitude.
HOWEVER
In an online forum lacking face-to-face contact, constructive criticism can be easily misinterpreted and online exchanges often spiral out of control, becoming flame wars.
During initial exchanges or when encountering defensive individuals, effective criticism calls for softer language and inclusion of positive comments.

Please keep this in mind when framing questions/responses, and please keep posts ON-TOPIC, and like my Mum always says, if you don't have anything intelligent to add, don't add anything at all.

thank you

spoQn

p.s. all subsequent post after this will be removed until such a time this thread can become locked. If you feel you have something valid to add, please create a new topic in which you raise your points in a positive and constructive manner, if its just to say 'rofl lamor, i h8 it too me pwns j00!!11one' then don't bother.

Okay...

I guess I am done posting there.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

huh? that guy isn't even a moderator. crazy motherfucker.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Mog
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mog »

"My only experience with the d20 system is with D&D 3rd Ed.
I've read an article which stated; that with regular gaming sessions, a group of PC's should reach level 20 after aprox 12 months of play.

Obviously this will vary greatly depending on many factors, but as a general guide, how fast will level progression be in Fallout PnP? Also what will be the level cap in the CORE rules?

I know it’s hard to speculate on these things, but roughly, how powerful would a Human Wasteland Wanderer be at say level 10? What sort of Traits/Perks would be avaliable to this character at this level?

Thankyou for taking the time to read my questions, I look foward to your answers.

spoQn"

BULLLLLLLLLLLLL POOP{ ah hell its a bunch of
Fucking monkey shit though and through}

A bunch of friends and I did a pp rpg of a book series called deathlands and actually used the fallout world as a place of reference for how we should do things.......now we were inexperienced so it wasn't spectacular, and we definetly weren't getting paid for it mind you, and in the end we still looked better than them.

From the looks of it the game will not be playable, and i really tried hard to think about the way their systems are going to work and they blew it. Plain and simple this PnP fallout d20 ain't gonna work
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

p.s. all subsequent post after this will be removed until such a time this thread can become locked. If you feel you have something valid to add, please create a new topic in which you raise your points in a positive and constructive manner, if its just to say 'rofl lamor, i h8 it too me pwns j00!!11one' then don't bother.
Can you say "obvious plant"? When things doesn't go his way, either posts don't follow or threads become locked when they get into details about the material that are just too inconvenient at the time for GC or someone else to make yet another idiotic excuse about. Either he's working with/for them, or GC is too incompetent to perform a Chuck Cuevas style earplugging and running off like a chickenshit and takes whatever excuses a backseat moderator gives them.
as someone who has never visited the duck and cover forums, and who stumbled across this forum by acident,
Another hopeless GC crew lie? Really, this clown reads so much like a fake set-up FAQ so GC can release details while making it look like someone is interested in this utter shitbag company.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

UPDATE:

Dipshit decided to put it in large text and boldface it, as if he had some authority again, after Sander dared to say the equivalent of "rofl lamor, i h8 it too me pwns j00!!11one" to GluttonCrapper after he *dared* to again point out the styles for the slow <s>"artists"</s> people. Again. And he was nice about it.

At least we're not back to our old tricks circa FOT...GC would shit themselves an entire brick factory.

PS: Could the forum be configured to allow strike tags? Thanks, helps with the sarcastic self-censoring. ;)
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

How good is their flood control? Maybe we should arrange a whole load of spam bots in their direction? :D Would be good for a laugh anyway :drunk:
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Spam bots? Tactless, and not that effective. The FOT days were gold, and quite, quite legal. If GluttonCreeper wants attention, we can give it to them.
Obsidian:

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
FalloutCanon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FalloutCanon »

Stop raping me. :sadblinky:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

FalloutCanon wrote:Stop raping me. :sadblinky:
Is that another one of Jesus' alts? ~~
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

This is unbelievable. First you deleted all the old topics in this forum and now this. Instead of being open to some of the criticism presented in this forum you chose to lock yourself up in an ivory tower of some sort. You could have taken the Bethesda approach and not release any information prior to release, but instead you've become a joke amongst the community by releasing half-assed, incomplete and amateurish designs. A PR failure of gargantuan proportions to say the least. Regardless of what corrective measures you are or aren't planning to take, your project is already doomed to fail.

Nice job on losing all credibility in the Fallout community, GCG. :thumbsup:
FalloutCanon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FalloutCanon »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Is that another one of Jesus' alts? ~~
No.
This is what you've done to me.
Speed_demon
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Speed_demon »

I agree, stop raping FalloutCanon AKA "Fallout Canon"
He doesn't like it and neither do we

Suggestion to GCG - take our criticism constructively and use it to make the best fallout game yet. Most of the anger here is due to asking us for our adviceand help, then ignoring it. There are some die-hard fallout players here which is an amazing resource for you. ASK US QUESTIONS! we probably know more collectively than you guys do about the Fallout series, and we are happy to share given the correct opportunity, as long as our balls aren't cut off in the process - which only pisses us off. GCG has the rights to the game, so make it great. Utilize DaC and NMA (among others) as priceless resources, not as an avenue for fascism.
Adventuring in the wasteland on a daily basis
gluttoncreeper
Glutton Creeper Games

Post by gluttoncreeper »

We do take your critism as well as constructive advice. We know we cannot please everyone, and our work is expected to be picked apart and called a POS. This happens even in the big corps like Hasbro with their releases (we worked freelanced behind the scenes, so we know). But we are working to make a d20 game, not SPECIAL and things will change in the conversion.

GCG
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

gluttoncreeper wrote:We do take your critism as well as constructive advice.
Liar. Is your memory as short as you are incompetent?

Apparently so. At least we can remember who ran off in piss trails.
We know we cannot please everyone, and our work is expected to be picked apart and called a POS. This happens even in the big corps like Hasbro with their releases (we worked freelanced behind the scenes, so we know).
Except that they, unlike you, act with some professionalism and ability, not just shovel out half-ass work and then make excuses for the lacking quality.

Oh, wait, Hasbro. Thank you for picking the most idiotic example, ever, because Hasbro sounds like your class of clownshoes development. Hence why they sucked ass, killed off MicroProse's development, and have generally been failures in every imaginable way in regards to game development that hasn't been reprinted a few dozen times over.

So you're the Hasbro of d20 designers, and I'm inclined to believe it was your work that was again shitty, not just Hasbro's problems. That isn't something to be proud of, shitbag. Also, go fuck yourself for the added excuses about why you can't be bothered to do your job as an editor, with the lame "someone will always be upset about it" drivel. If the cover fit the style, instead of being a lame movie poster; if the intro wasn't such a mangled and baseless piece of shit "fan-fic" (and doesn't even qualify as that); if the ruleset with Traits wasn't already laughably fucked with your added cluelessness between Tag! and Tagged Skills. And yet you were stupid enough to release those as "samples". Of what, the utter shit we can expect of the rest, or your wonderful ability to fail simple editing techniques with PDF and image files?

Look, shitbag, you decided to wipe the forum and then ignore all feedback in lieu of shoveling out excuses. Don't try to play the victim now, because it's completely unbelievable.
But we are working to make a d20 game, not SPECIAL and things will change in the conversion.
Another bullshit excuse, which has nothing to do with your lies, the previous excuses posted, and the subject matter. Yes, we got that it's meant to be d20, and that means a number of things, but it's a mystery where your laughable "two classless classes" idiocy that proves you really don't know shit about either character system fits in.

Everyone in Fallout is the same "class". They just have different races, skills, and stats, to varying degrees, as the skillset already effectively replaces classes. Skills are meant to be equal across the board (Speech and Small Guns, for instance), but it didn't quite make it that way for the games because balancing is difficult along a campaign.

So, who wants to talk about unnecessary complexity?
Obsidian:

Our Host!