Voice "actors"

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

philowar wrote:There should be absolutely no voice acting in the game. Everything should be 100% text. You should have to read everything. You should have to put a voice to the character in your head. I say this because 95% of all voice acting in computer and video games sucks balls (somewhat less on PCs than on consoles, but why take that chance?).

But maybe we can have Pat Stewart doing the opening v.o. instead of Ron Perlman. That would really rawk.
I thought that the voice actors were pretty good in Fallout 2.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

They were ok. Not GOOD not BAD. Something in between. I only liked Myron, because he was an annying dickhead, just like me. :D
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Jon "Mr. Teatime" Piano could be the "Piano" which will have a crucial role in Fallout 3, seeing as it's pretty much Loom 2 with all the facts wrong.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

I've never tried Newman's salad dressings. And I didn't know there was a lemonade. I guess they're both bad? I've just tried his marinara, tomato and vodka sauces, which were all bueno.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Fallout 1 had good voice acting. Actually, they all did.
tomato and vodka sauce
Fucking hell. VODKA + WHATEVER DOES NOT EQUAL TASTY.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

There's no need to be an elitist cunt, it's delicious.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

johnnygothisgun wrote:Image

There's no need to be an elitist cunt, it's delicious.

...in the same way crack can be 'delicious'?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Darth Vader, Superman, Jesus, and God. Also the first crackhead they can find downtown.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

johnnygothisgun wrote:Image
Is that for real?

Where's the steak with marshmallow topping that you're suppose to eat it with? :-P
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
hoochimama
Respected
Respected

Post by hoochimama »

Dan Castelanetta for the PC's voice.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

For PC voices:

Male: Gilbert Godfrey
Female: Fran Dresher

(old joke but it's still funny) xD
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

johnnygothisgun wrote:There's no need to be an elitist cunt, it's delicious.
How? Whatever flavor vodka has is barely detectable by itself, let alone in a tomato sauce. The vodka adds nothing. It's a waste of perfectly good vodka. This angers me.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

A little off topic, but I think alcohol doesn't have enough uses when it's in games. At best you drink it and have some minor effect (good/bad/both). Molotovs, medical aid, torch-making, and getting drunk should all be par for the course. :drunk:

I know. Strange of me to suggest it when I don't drink IRL. :-P

johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Subhuman wrote:
How? Whatever flavor vodka has is barely detectable by itself, let alone in a tomato sauce. The vodka adds nothing. It's a waste of perfectly good vodka. This angers me.
Try the goddamn sauce (I suggest with ravioli), then we'll talk shop, capiche?
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

The sauce is fantastic.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Subhuman wrote:
At least SOME ONE appreciates the pure unstained taste of pure vodka!

NA ZDROWJE! :drunk:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Subhuman wrote:
True patriot :salute:
philowar
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by philowar »

Frater Perdurabo wrote: I thought that the voice actors were pretty good in Fallout 2.
The v.o. in Fallout 1 & 2 was more or less excellent, but then Fallout 1 in itself was an exception across the board in terms of its value as a work of art. Even the writing was superb. Of course, Fallout 2 suffered from shitty writing and shitty handling in general, but such is life.

I wonder when game developers are going to realize that they need to bring in non-geeks (writers and artists, not programmers) to handle the non-technical aspects of a game. All that effort put into pretty graphics but the storylines are all so juvenille and lame. The voice acting too, more often than not, sucks dong. The most salient example I can think of in recent history is the game Prey by id Software. It's a prime example of what happens when nerds think they are creative types and try to make a game that is "deep" and "mature": the end result is embarrassing beyond words, the shitty voice acting being the icing on the cake.

Now we have the dorks at Bethesda, the people working on FO3 being individuals that your average art OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone would avoid like the plague. And they are making Fallout 3. And the writing will suck, and most of the voice acting will too. Just a prediction, and though I don't have the psychic ability to predict the future, nonetheless I know what to expect.
Locke
Respected
Respected

Post by Locke »

Dreadnought wrote:NA ZDROWJE! :drunk:
"НА ЗДОРОВЬЕ!", you intolerable crab.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

philowar wrote: I wonder when game developers are going to realize that they need to bring in non-geeks (writers and artists, not programmers) to handle the non-technical aspects of a game. All that effort put into pretty graphics but the storylines are all so juvenille and lame.
Not that I disagree with you on this, but you gotta realize - most gamers are idiots. They don't want a complicated story that may confuse them or lose their interest because it's not fast enough paced. Look at Halo or Oblivion or some shit thats considered uber great or something; the storylines in those games aren't exactly Shakespeare. They aren't even R.A. Salvatore, if you ask me.
Our Host!