no more custom title?

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

lets split them among 'us'.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Wait, how can you lose post count if the original never counted the wateland either?
Search for all posts by Megatron found 6582 matches.
Megatron's post count: 4461
Search for all posts by Megatron in the Wasteland only finds 2121 matches.
4461 + 2121 = 6582

It's accurate to the number of posts that exist. Post counts can get messed up though if say, you posted in another forum (and therefore had the post counted) and then had your post moved into the Wasteland. When it re-counted, that post wouldn't have gotten counted. The other issue is just that yes, over-time for some unexplained reason, post counts get messed up. For example none of you have noticed that the number of topics and posts in the forums has changed too, as I resynced those while I was at it. It's just one of those things. A script failure when deleting a post means it doesn't reduce the post count, compound that over-time and for the spammy ones a few thousand posts disappear.

Oh and by the way, the Wasteland is currently counting posts. I haven't re-installed the mod to knock that out yet. I'll likely resync posts again once I do. Just because I can.
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Also while posting this reply the topic review toward sthe bottom of the screen is all blacked out.
What forum theme are you using? I presume if you highlight the text in there it shows up? IE: There's text there, it's just the theme is fucked as opposed to it not appearing at all?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

yeah, perkele!
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Just null everyone's post count xD
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Cutom title's back in niggaz.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

DarkUnderlord wrote:Cutom title's back in niggaz.
Formatting is off.

I stole mine from that spic site that was pissed off at us.

The accent marks are all wrong now.

But thanks for bringing it back.

No thankless admin whining from me.

Thanks again.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Yeah, I don't know what's happened to the characters. It's happened elsewhere too.

What about the formatting is off?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Also while posting this reply the topic review toward sthe bottom of the screen is all blacked out.
What forum theme are you using? I presume if you highlight the text in there it shows up? IE: There's text there, it's just the theme is fucked as opposed to it not appearing at all?[/quote]

I'm using the ugly gray theme that matches the main site and I use firefox. I can highlight it to see the words but its a bit annoying. Smileys show throw it though.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Hm, I'm using the gray one as well (DAC). Seems to be working just fine for me, doh.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

DarkUnderlord wrote:compound that over-time and for the spammy ones a few thousand posts disappear.
I've only lost 200 D;
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

I have also go that topic review-window problem... the charecters are, indeed, there but their colour match the background colour so I have to highlight them to see them. I, too, am using the DAC(grey) theme on firefox... maybe the theme has become incompatible with Firefox?
DarkUnderlord wrote:It's accurate to the number of posts that exist. Post counts can get messed up though if say, you posted in another forum (and therefore had the post counted) and then had your post moved into the Wasteland. When it re-counted, that post wouldn't have gotten counted.
If it is going to be that way, then everyone will end up with a post-count close to zero - sooner or later - since most of the topics in our fantabulous forum end up in the Wasteland anyway...
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon

Post by DarkUnderlord »

The DAC template should be fixed.
S4ur0n27 wrote:I've only lost 200 D;
That's because you're special.
Alexander wrote:If it is going to be that way, then everyone will end up with a post-count close to zero - sooner or later - since most of the topics in our fantabulous forum end up in the Wasteland anyway...
I don't intend to run the script again. No post counting in The Wasteland has been re-enabled and I've just resynced everyone's post count for the last time as far as I'm concerned. It's not my plan to keep running the script every so often.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

And by the way, the cookies are fucked...
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

pics please of this awesome event. chocolate chip 69.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

We have these cookies around here; chocolate, coconut, raisins, peanut butter, almonds, cranberries, they're a marvel, but unfortunately I can only find them at Loblaw :(

Edit - Also, I can't set a custom title :(
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Kashluk wrote:And by the way, the cookies are fucked...
In what way?
S4ur0n27 wrote:Also, I can't set a custom title :(
Try that.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Woo excitement :o !!!

:writers_block:
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

They seem fine now... For a couple of days the forums wouldn't log me in automatically. But it works now. DANGER HAS PASSED, ahoy.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Everything's fine and dandy once again, DU, thank you.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah, all hail DarkUnderlord!

Susan will now perform oral sex on our mighty Ad'miniz-tratòr!
Our Host!