Vindictator and Avenger

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Loudood
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Loudood »

You'll never have problems with this setup:

Sulik - Super Sledge
Cassidy - Pancor Jackhammer
Vic - Gauss rifle
Marcus - Avenger Minigun

You ALWAYS give Cassidy his shotguns, and NEVER give Sulik anything besides melee weapons.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

A gauss pistol, rifle, and a H&KG11E will make you all but invincible...and I prefer to keep company with dogs. In my version, the human NPC's always act funky.
Loudood
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Loudood »

What version do you have?
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Fuck if I know, It's been almost six months since I've played the damn thing. I've been to busy with college to play games these days.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Loudood wrote:You'll never have problems with this setup:

Sulik - Super Sledge
Cassidy - Pancor Jackhammer
Vic - Gauss rifle
Marcus - Avenger Minigun

You ALWAYS give Cassidy his shotguns, and NEVER give Sulik anything besides melee weapons.
If you wanna give Marcus a minigun then no way you should have other companions with you. And stay away from his line of fire.
Beren
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Burst Weaps = Headache

Post by Beren »

All of my characters use gauss pistols / rifles, .223 pistols, .44 magnum speed loads, and sniper / scoped hunting rifles. Earlier on I let Cassidy keep his sawed-off shotgun until I can part with the .44. Sulik also gets stuck with a 14mm pistol until I have a pair of .223 pistols.

Laugh if you will, but my guys almost never kill me or each other. I keep 'em set to their default settings, except I change distance to "stay close to me." You have to watch Cassidy, he seems to revert to default now and then.

As for damage, Cassidy, Vic, and Sulik all pull off 60 - 90 point criticals every five shots or so. Cassidy and Sulik both shoot twice per round, doing 15 - 20 points of damage per shot.

My char carrys two .223 pistols, which means five combat turns x two aimed shots per turn. This equates to 40 - 60 points of damage, but really 40 - 200 points if you count for all the criticals he gets! If anything is left standing after that, it's usually running in the other direction saying, "I'm bad but you're badder!"

My team never runs out of ammo, and we don't sneak around.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

It's really nice to find good weapons and combat settings for your characters. It just requires a bit of testing and tweaking. Some weapons do not fit to your characters at all. In worst cases, they'll just cause more damage to yourself than to the enemy. That's why I try to avoid burst weapons(cept myself). Gauss and plasma pistols/rifles, sniper rifles, hunting rifles, some shotguns, .44 magnum, oh and .223 pistol, you gotta love that. I recommend giving those to your NPCs if you prefer ranged weapons.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

My suggestion is to only give burst weapons to Cassidy and Skynet... And keep a watch on Cassidy because of his common behaviour reset...

The rest all should have single shot weapons.

I usually take Myron for his super-stimpack making capabilities and give him a nice energy weapon, Lenny with the .223, Sulik with a supersledge, vic with a sniper rifle, and I guess I'm still undecided for the fifth person... Guess I'll go for Skynet next game, as I usualyl end up with 4 NPCs...
Once that's done I'll make a pass in Modoc and pick up Miria just for fun and probably give her a .223...
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I don't like Myron, he's a bad fighter and you find enough super-stims in the game anyway. And Lenny.. I've never had him. I guess it's because I don't need a doctor, and that he's a ghoul. :wink:
I know he has lots of hit points though, probably a good thing.
Red

Post by Red »

For Myron, he gets goods with energy weapons - in fact the's the second best energy weapon NPC (after Marcus).

I usually only tag along NPCs which can wear armour, so that rules out dogs, Goris and Marcus...

My second deciding factor is wether they can use burst without hitting me, and the only two which can do that are Skynet and Cassidy... Which makes my NPC choice quite constant...

As for superstims, they're not for me, they're to kill people :) and at 9hp a shot, it takes quite a few, hence my need for Myron...
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Ahh, of course, that's the primary function of super stims in the game. How could I forgot.. :P
Our Host!