anyone thought of making an unofficial patch?

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Bud Champion
SDF!
SDF!

Borken Hills Ending?

Post by Bud Champion »

On a side note, I just found this through Google groups, posted on March 2, 2000:

-- Quote #1 starts --
I never got a good ending for Gecko, but I did got one for Broken Hills, I
only got it after I sold them the processed Uranium back, if you sell it to
them, they can get more output out of their plant with the same ore and you have a bunch of happy mutants/zombies/humans. I also finished *every* other quest there, including getting rid of the arm-wrestling mutant with the girly name. Francis? yeah. Oh and do everything the zombie at the old ghouls home asks you to do. The treasure-finding quest is rather nice :)"
-- Quote #1 ends --

And here's another post from January 10, 1999:

-- Quote #2 starts --
do you mean the ore or the refined uranium?
take the ore to the refinery and they will refine it for 1000 chips.
come back a day or so later and they will have done it for you. when you ask for it back, they will ask to buy it from you for 1500 chips. you can refuse the extra money and sell it to them for 1000 chips ( aren't you a nice person ). If you don't sell it to them, they will not offer to buy it again.
I think this stops the "and once the uranium dried up, broken hills
disbanded." ending.
-- Quote #2 ends --

Strange, because I've never seen mention of the wording for such an ending, and I can't find any references to such an ending being in any of the data files.

Comments?
"Civilization is the Encouragement of Differences."
- M. Ghandi
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Yeah, it's bogus. The Uranium you can find is irrelevant with the endings.
Bud Champion
SDF!
SDF!

OK

Post by Bud Champion »

Okay, then, in summary (again), we are talking about a very limited "fan patch" for FO2. All it needs to do is:

1. Modify the DeathClaw Genocide ending to something more palatable. (See previous posts in this thread.) Alternatively, just eliminate it altogether, unless you actually do kill all the DeathClaws. The latter is probably better by virtue of being much easier to implement, and not requiring any new voiceovers.

2. Enable the "best" Gecko/VC ending, i.e. the "center of learning and tolerance" one. Hopefully, the voiceover for this is available with the installation but unused. If not, we will have to do a new one. Maybe AC can line us up with the original guy who did the voiceovers? You never know.

Reward: In addition to the previous offer of alcohol, I am also prepared to offer 1,000 bottle caps and 5,000 XP.

Actually, this is not looking too scary. Any takers? Any comments?
"Civilization is the Encouragement of Differences."
- M. Ghandi
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

That sounds good, although i think it would be interesting to fix up certain side quests as well, like was done for the holy hand grenade. With all the scripting knowlegde and the new mapper, i think it would be quite interesting to make an ending for the suliks sister quest, among others. But, fixing the endings, which seem to already be in the files, would be a great start.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: OK

Post by Megatron »

Bud Champion wrote:Maybe AC can line us up with the original guy who did the voiceovers? You never know.
Ron Perlman did the VO but I'm not sure. AND HES A MOVIE STAR!!!11
:chew:
Our Host!