Is there anything we can do?

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Brupaos
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Is there anything we can do?

Post by Brupaos »

Seriously. I'm stumped.

Short of getting a celebrity to wear a shirt that says "If Bethseda screw up Fallout 3, I'll eat their children!" on an episode of Leno, how the hell can we keep Bethseda from fucking up FO3?

Is it a lost cause?

Somebody has to have an idea, and by idea, I mean better than that retarded shit I just said, unless of course Jay Leno's cousin posts here, in which case it's time for them to call in a favour.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

1. Petition.

2. Violence.

3. Extortion.

4. Hack & overtake them.

5. Hack their hands off... (so F3 will DEFINETLY not suck!)

6. Create a giant flag. "If Bethseda screw up Fallout 3, I'll eat their children!" on it. Make millions of copies and put them on high buildings, so anyone can see them. Then burn them (the building or the flag... it's not my choice), so anyone can see, that you ain't just fucking around!

7. 10mm JHP 'em!

8. Try to induce critical braindamage to yourself, so the parts of your brain, responsible for loving Fallout, will be damaged permanently and you just don't care....
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

: Rumors? :
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

We don't need to worry. TES community will release a mod for Fallout 3 that gives the Vault Dweller an even tighter jumpsuit with hardened nipples underneath. That, and soil erosion and Fallout 3 will turn out just fine.

If it doesn't, we get to whine and cry and perhaps even flame a bit, the sort of things we love to do here at DAC. Either way, we cannot lose. Am I right?

Seriously, there's nothing we can do as long as the door is shut.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

grey wolf
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Sewer fox. Honestly, we're better off just predicting it'll suck and then when it sucks go "HELL I SORT OF TOLD YOU SO." I'm thinking, if we're right about Fallout 3, and then right about Fallout 4, when Fallout 5 is about to crawl out on it's bloody stumps maybe someone will go "Hey, these guys keep being right all the time -- maybe we should listen to them instead of recreational drugs and the angsty teens hanging out on our forums?" I call it 'the long-term optimistic-elitist plan to victory' or TLTOPTV for short, so if someone asks you what the fuck you're doing, just mention this string of letters and all doors will be open.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Gray midgets. So what you are saying is that we shouldn’t get our hopes up, and we sha’nt be disappointed?
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Jesus Christ wrote:So what you are saying is that we shouldn’t get our hopes up, and we sha’nt be disappointed?
Sounds good to me. If we're wrong we'll simply be delightfully surprised.

Yeah, I'm voting for enlightened pessimism, m'self...

Oh BTW, I can't believe some of you think that you can influence the rate of output w/a couple of forum posts and/or internet petitions. There's really nothing to do but get on w/life while you wait for the game -- which in all likelihood will suck -- to hit the shelves so you can install it, be disappointed, then uninstall it and go on several GB worth of Emo-esque "the game suXor3d, w03 iz m3" posts...

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Scorpion
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Scorpion »

Weird way at looking at Fo3... say it's going to suck, and if it does, say you were totally right about it...

And If it doesn't suck, you'll be suprised. Win-Win :joy:
DAC- For all your fallout needs.

^ No, it's not for all your fallout needs. I think this site attracts more swell guy, shitheads, losers, and thread-hijackers than it does Fallout fans. This site should be renamed the Steamy pile of Horse shit or aka SPHS- For all your not-Fallout needs.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

eggzactleeh
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

I dunno, saying "FO3 is going to suck" is like saying "Poles steal".

If I lived in same city as Beth has their slave pits, I'd simply walk into the building during work hours and look wtf is happenin' mates?
Serious Business.
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Dreadnought wrote:1. Petition.

2. Violence.

3. Extortion.

4. Hack & overtake them.

5. Hack their hands off... (so F3 will DEFINETLY not suck!)

6. Create a giant flag. "If Bethseda screw up Fallout 3, I'll eat their children!" on it. Make millions of copies and put them on high buildings, so anyone can see them. Then burn them (the building or the flag... it's not my choice), so anyone can see, that you ain't just fucking around!

7. 10mm JHP 'em!

8. Try to induce critical braindamage to yourself, so the parts of your brain, responsible for loving Fallout, will be damaged permanently and you just don't care....
:crazy:
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I'm all for hard nipples.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I dunno. The game's gonna be made regardless of our opinion of it, and when beth announce details we can either fight it every step of the way if there are some parts we don't like (which, let's face it, there will be), or work with the developers toward improving parts we can (and bethesda has a track record of listening to fans, but if we're completely rabid they won't).

If they're going in the complete wrong direction I'm all for going all FOBOS on their ass, but I don't think that'll happen. Even the tiny bits of info we've got so far (including the tasteful E3 poster) show that they've got some idea of what Fallout is about.

We know they're gonna use SPECIAL, for instance, and I'm sure they'd welcome input on to how they can improve their implementation of it.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Mr. Teatime wrote:I dunno. The game's gonna be made regardless of our opinion of it, and when beth announce details we can either fight it every step of the way if there are some parts we don't like (which, let's face it, there will be), or work with the developers toward improving parts we can (and bethesda has a track record of listening to fans, but if we're completely rabid they won't).

If they're going in the complete wrong direction I'm all for going all FOBOS on their ass, but I don't think that'll happen. Even the tiny bits of info we've got so far (including the tasteful E3 poster) show that they've got some idea of what Fallout is about.

We know they're gonna use SPECIAL, for instance, and I'm sure they'd welcome input on to how they can improve their implementation of it.
Pussy.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Pussy, but logical and probably coronary-free. I don't give two shits what Beth does with FO3 and I'm a happier person for it.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Killzig wrote:
Mr. Teatime wrote:I dunno. The game's gonna be made regardless of our opinion of it, and when beth announce details we can either fight it every step of the way if there are some parts we don't like (which, let's face it, there will be), or work with the developers toward improving parts we can (and bethesda has a track record of listening to fans, but if we're completely rabid they won't).

Pussy.

True.

Honestly, do you really think that Bethesda gives a fuck what we think? They want to create a product and dump it on the market to maximize profit by minimizing cost. This is the nature of business. Back on topic, however, they may put SPECIAL in, yes. They may. But it could be a load of horseshit. Remember, Oblivion has stats. That doesn't mean that they are well managed or even sane to any degree.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Killzig should send fist.jpg to Beth workers as a gesture of DAC's good will.
Serious Business.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Guess I'm just in a pussy mood :|
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

I still love you pussy.
I have returned! (again)