Weapon Ideas

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Headroom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Tactical Nuke

Post by Headroom »

A nuclear grenade with a throw range of 30m but blast radius of 2km
I'm leaving this galaxy for one less complicated.
Headroom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

SUICIDE BOMBERS

Post by Headroom »

SUICIDE BOMBERS!!!
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: Tactical Nuke

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Headroom wrote:A nuclear grenade with a throw range of 30m but blast radius of 2km
Let me guess, you played Paranoia at some point? :)
------------------
Rel@x_Guy
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rel@x_Guy »

I'd like Dual pistols so i can live out my chow yun fat fantasies. :2gunfire:
:D :D :D :D [/quote]
I am Lonley
- Rel@x_Guy (18531075)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/relax_guy/
Headroom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Geosynchronous Orbital Destroyer

Post by Headroom »

Geosynchronous Orbital Destroyer (G.O.D.)

imagine, calling in directed energy strikes from space. how's that for the Fist of GOD artillery?

a SAT tech perks allow you to establish communications with one of those military satellites in space. chant the pass phrase like a mage and lo! a huge muthalovin' laser cannon orbiting in space. but you gotta move to safety distance before you call the strike. cool huh? (oops. is that like, Fallout Fantasy? Apostasy!)

MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

A cool weapon idea would be the ability to fire two guns at once :2gunfire:
Like any two pistols or sub machine guns. It could be like in Diablo 2 some guns would be one handed (pistols, knives, submachine guns) and other would be two handed (shotguns, rifles, machineguns). it would be cool to john woo some Desert Eagles or M1911A1's.
My life fades.... a vision dims..... all that remains are memories....
Rel@x_Guy
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rel@x_Guy »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

*strafe and shoot* *strafe and shoot*

gee it's hot

*dies*

You are dead. Everybody thinks you are an asshole and you probably will click through the rest of th-
I am Lonley
- Rel@x_Guy (18531075)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/relax_guy/
FLEA
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FLEA »

hmm a lightsabor

kidding i guesss id like to see different variations of weapos like there is only one sniper rifle thats dumd maybe antyarmor (.50 cal) long range one well u know what i mean

definely a chainsaw and id hate if they got rid of the energy weapons

i mean dont u just love shouting somebody with a plasma rifle and see the disinegrate into ash
king_ota
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by king_ota »

I think someone said this allread but I would like to see more "homemade weapons" likea simpil pistol alos more weapon upgrades would be nice (like a bayonet)
Hail to the King!
Its good to be the king!
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

A Giant Mech suit made by none other than the brotherhood of steel! it could have 2 miniguns that are controled by ur hands and rocket launchers over ur sholders. For melee it would have giant blades on ur fight and u kick the guy in the chest. The only problem is that it would weigh like 75 pounds!
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

i want one of those .44 magnums with the scope on it! like in GlOps!

or... the USAS-12 guage shot-gun like in SoF2, MAIM MY ENEMYS!! (or friends :twisted: )

but right now... somehow my ear is bleeding! so i have to see how that happened... cya
Grand Lord Penguin
Respected
Respected
Location: The secret underground lair- er, dojo of the Penguin style Kung-Fu

Post by Grand Lord Penguin »

Dark Xenomorph wrote:A Giant Mech suit made by none other than the brotherhood of steel! it could have 2 miniguns that are controled by ur hands and rocket launchers over ur sholders. For melee it would have giant blades on ur fight and u kick the guy in the chest. The only problem is that it would weigh like 75 pounds!
::Grabs pointy stick::

Hm...no eyes...

::Stabs pointy stick through DX's head::
Black Mage: She better have an antidote for FACE STABBIN'! 'Cause, ooh, her face is so stabbed when we get back!
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Build it yourself pipe bombs.
Of course there is the chance of blowing your arm off, but that's a risk you will need to take.

Let's see here... Science skill will probably be important. Due to the Chemistry involved. Pipes are probably plentiful. Maybe find some ball-bearings. Of course if your traps skill is too low you might blow your brains out while tinkering with the fuses. I hope you get the point.

It would be cool to have a silencer. Then i can sneak around with my stealth boi and shoot guys, of course i probably would have to kill em in one turn or everyone else would be alerted. Also if any of my enemies allies saw their bud's dead body, it should be harder to sneak, since they will be on hightened alert.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

i really think that some of these fallout ideas are drifting toward games like MGS2, or other FPS's, or fantasy RPGS... *keep in mind the 'purity' of fallout*
hehe :wink:
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

Wow, you guys are creeps. Build it yourself pipe bombs? Who cares if 7.62 should be rounded to 8mm! Give me more 50's sci fi weponry, which leads to my belife that A RAYGUN IS NESCARY FOR THE CONTINUATION OF FALLOUT! IMAGINE INSTO-CRIPPLED ARMS! BOOOYEAH! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I think you should be able to use the scenery around you. Say you were in a bar and a mutant started to fight you. First you pickup a pool-cue and stab him in the eye with it, then smash a stool over his head and then pour whiskey on him and throw a match. BOOM.

theyre also should be more hand to hand moves. like throw someone out of a window, or do a 3 punch combo. Also mabye different fighting styles, like mabye kung-fu, boxing or school-boy (like kicking sand in their face and stuff)

Also more people should use melee weapons and pistols that are weakish in the beginning. I liked to just walk round in my leather jacket for ages with just a revolver and a combat knife.

Mabye some kind of taser weapon?

And mabye build weapons (like mabye put some nails in a stick, make a coil-gun or mabye hairspray and a lighter)

and make use of the throwing skill.

also, big guns and energy weapons hould be rare, un-less its in an army base. Also mabye you have to fix some guns because they have sand in the barrel or they snapped.
:chew:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I think the hex range of a fired gun should be

ap to fire gunx10 share by 2.

so a pistol fires...20 hexes...a minigun fires....30 hexes...and so on.

might need a little tweaking.
:chew:
Kozmo_Naut
Respected
Respected

Post by Kozmo_Naut »

Pyro wrote:I think the hex range of a fired gun should be

ap to fire gunx10 share by 2.

so a pistol fires...20 hexes...a minigun fires....30 hexes...and so on.

might need a little tweaking.
That is a damn good idea!

The longer the range, the more APs it will cost you.

Perhaps there should be a "shoot fast" option where you could sacrifice some range and a small amount of accuracy and be able to fire a few more shots. Obviously best for close combat where the number of shots you fire can mean more that accuracy.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Grand Lord Penguin wrote:
::Grabs pointy stick::

Hm...no eyes...

::Stabs pointy stick through DX's head::
:: stick goes right through head::

Ha ha, it was a hologram! now u will pay with ur life ! mwhahahahhaha!

:: whips out 2 giant pistols and begins shooting at that stupid dansing THINGIE From FF9:: :2gunfire:

:: Grand Lord Penquin dies froms massive gun shot wounds to that hat::
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

I like the idea of an aiming option, where you can spend extra AP's to get an accuracy bonus.
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
Our Host!