More proof that Bethesda is going to destroy Fallout

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

20 minutes of play time after spending 20 hours downloading a 4GB rip? Is it worth it?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

TriangleDragon wrote: I couldn't bring myself to complete the game, it bores me just to think of it sometimes.
I tried it on 2 occasions. Both times, I couldn't play more than 20 minutes. Soooo booooooring.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

I thought Oblivion was alright. It's just that as an action game with limited RPG elements it doesn't have much replay value.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

Post by box »

action game with limited RPG elements
Exactly, trying to sell itself off as a big daddy, real, honest to gosh RPG. The concept still makes me vomit, honestly.
if Bethesda screwed us over with an Oblivion clone
I would say, all signs point to nowhere else. Still. Come on, we all know they're spending this time tweaking sledge physics, tinkering with game-ballistics, and rendering new and better lens flareage. The bitches...
hoochimama
Respected
Respected

Post by hoochimama »

box wrote:
if Bethesda screwed us over with an Oblivion clone
I would say, all signs point to nowhere else. Still. Come on, we all know they're spending this time tweaking sledge physics, tinkering with game-ballistics, and rendering new and better lens flareage. The bitches...
Don't believe they're doing anything beyond paper design stuff with it before they've finished TESV, which shouldn't take too long considering the soil erosion+ autolevelling system.
PsyckoSama
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by PsyckoSama »

TriangleDragon wrote:Some of you have already answered this question, but if Bethesda screwed us over with an Oblivion clone how many people would be prepared to buy it?[/i].
I have two words for that very situation...

Arrrgh... and Avast!
SandmanX
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by SandmanX »

Oblivion is over-hyped and if Fallout 3 turns out to be just another clone, I say we all gather and McVeigh Bethesda headquarters. Haha!
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I'm going to gather by myself and :sadblinky: while :drunk:. :patrick: :che:
SandmanX
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by SandmanX »

Ermm.. Okay...
inaneframe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by inaneframe »

I've heard that Bethesda intends to announce the release date for a new game on Wednesday, November 1st. Fallout 3, perhaps?

I'm interested in hearing from them and what direction they will take, all judgments off until then.

Honestly, Black Isle Studio's Fallout is over, unfortunately, and whatever Bethesda does with it will be different---period.

It won't be the same game and as much as I loved Fo 1 and 2, I'm dealing with that fact. I just hope that they don't release crap.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I think in another thread someone mentioned that it was gonna be some FPS instead of Fallout 3.....unless Fallout 3 is the FPS. CONSPIRACY!!!!
inaneframe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by inaneframe »

Hmmm. . .

Oblivion engine with Fallout weapons? I wouldn't be surprised if someone got a glimpse of Fallout 3 without knowing what it was and automatically thought it was some FPS.

On the other hand, I would be surprised if Bethesda released an FPS. I don't think that they ever have, correct me if I'm wrong.
MrSmileyFaceDude
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by MrSmileyFaceDude »

inaneframe wrote:On the other hand, I would be surprised if Bethesda released an FPS. I don't think that they ever have, correct me if I'm wrong.
Rogue Warrior, based on the Richard Marcinko books, developed by Zombie Studios and published by Bethesda. Press release. It was just announced on the 27th. Uses the Unreal 3 engine. Completely unrelated to Fallout 3.
inaneframe wrote:I don't think that they ever have, correct me if I'm wrong.
Bethesda developed several Terminator FPSs in the 90's.
inaneframe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by inaneframe »

MrSmileyFaceDude wrote:
inaneframe wrote:On the other hand, I would be surprised if Bethesda released an FPS. I don't think that they ever have, correct me if I'm wrong.
Rogue Warrior, based on the Richard Marcinko books, developed by Zombie Studios and published by Bethesda. Press release. It was just announced on the 27th. Uses the Unreal 3 engine. Completely unrelated to Fallout 3.
inaneframe wrote:I don't think that they ever have, correct me if I'm wrong.
Bethesda developed several Terminator FPSs in the 90's.
Had no clue about Bethesda and the Terminator stuff but neither did I have any idea that several Terminator FPSs had even been released in the first place. I thought only like two had ever been put out in the nineties. Zombie Studios? Is that an in house developer? Anyone have any clue?
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

On the other hand, I would be surprised if Bethesda released an FPS. I don't think that they ever have, correct me if I'm wrong.
Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion.
They sure as hell aren't RPG's.
The nicest thing one could say about them is FPS with RPG elements.
But seeing how the RPG elements in said games are bad at best, I'd go with labeling them FPS games.
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

inaneframe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by inaneframe »

Icabod wrote:Proof they won't.
Proof they won't what? Ruin the series? Who knows, and it all depends on your angle. They are guaranteed not to please the hardcore Fallout elitists, I don't think anyone will be able to. I'll be happy if they are able to put out a quality game, if not a little disappointed by it's lack of adherence to the originals but an adherence to the originals, a good game does not make.

It looks as though they will stick to the feeling and the emotion of the originals or at the very least try. I think that that is the best we could hope for at the moment.
Mismatch wrote:Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion.
They sure as hell aren't RPG's.
The nicest thing one could say about them is FPS with RPG elements.
But seeing how the RPG elements in said games are bad at best, I'd go with labeling them FPS games.
Why all of this dogging on the Elder Scrolls series on this site? Sure, I hate the mini additions shop crap and it may not even deserve all of the recognition it is getting (maybe it does). The game, Oblivion, is about as solidly made of a game as could be expected and a Fallout fan throwing out cries of it being unfinished or burdened with bugs is ironic because as much as I love Fallout, it had bugs, a lot of them.

BTW RPGs were first-person before FPSs even had time to put on diapers, Oblivion is much more open ended than any other RPG that I have played since Fallout 2.
Last edited by inaneframe on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

"let satire be my song."

needs more spacecat
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

:act on instinct: The prelude to fascism.

inaneframe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by inaneframe »

TinyTeeth wrote::act on instinct: The prelude to fascism.

I'm sorry but the context eludes me.
Icabod wrote:"let satire be my song."

needs more spacecat
That's a quote. . . Lord Byron.

Spacecat? I don't follow.
Our Host!