More proof that Bethesda is going to destroy Fallout

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
armyguy16
Respected
Respected

More proof that Bethesda is going to destroy Fallout

Post by armyguy16 »

http://www.elderscrollsforum.com/forum_ ... sp?TID=113

So, not only are they going to ship a horribly bugged, unfinished, shitty game like they did with Oblivion, but your also more then likely going to have to pay more money to fix it and add the content they left out to ship it fast enough after you've already shelled out fifty bucks for the piece of shit.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I dunno, it might still be better than paying 40$ for an expansion?
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

susan, are you sneaking off the easter family festival to visit secretly DaC?
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Aren't we all :help:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

I ate flesh on Friday :che: :antichrist:
armyguy16
Respected
Respected

Post by armyguy16 »

S4ur0n27 wrote:I dunno, it might still be better than paying 40$ for an expansion?
I don't see how it would be better then paying money for the expansion when you're paying $2.50 for one quest or $1.95 or something like that for fucking horse armor. They've also rigged the Construction Set to where you can't import custom meshes.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

The current trend of cutting games into little bits and selling them for few bucks is fucking retarded.
Serious Business.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Koki wrote:The current trend of cutting games into little bits and selling them for few bucks is fucking retarded.
aye, I never buy games like that, since I dont get them if I do.
When games are released with this in mind, you can be sure that content is held back to be sold later, so whhat theyre tring to do is to screw you over.

And I do get a feeling that bethsoft are a bunch of sloppy cunts.
armyguy16
Respected
Respected

Post by armyguy16 »

The Horse Armor was supposed to be part of the original game. I've saw screenshots of it before in the past couples of years, and now, strangely, most of those screenshots have disappeared from the big game review sites. That's pretty fuckin lame of Bethesda to do that. It just shows that their not out to make another great Fallout game. They just want to make more money. Didn't they say they were going to reuse the engines Oblivion used? If so, all they have to do is retexture everything and make it look Fallouty and then ship it out and make millions more off of it from dumbass little kids buying it thinking its an RPG, when it (and Oblivion) are technically action RPG's like Diablo and such, except in First Person/Third Person.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

money is always the goal. making a mythologically good game is only a nice bonus on your cv.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

Post by box »

Let's say beth makes a FO3 that I, and most of you guys here, would like.
In other words:
no fps mode
turn based mode
shit to do and good dialogue
pretty much everything we can be sure won't happen

What I'm asking is, would that game even sell?

At one time I thought that making a good game actually meant you would increase your $$, but after seeing the shitcanning of so many game franchises lately, I'm beginning to rethink that.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Well it'd sell on PC most likely in my opinion, but I doubt it'd be very hot on consoles. It might sell on Bethsofts name alone - I mean you got people who buy role playing games simply because they're from Square Enix. FFXI is an excellent example of a horrible game thats still popular for some reason. I suppose it just depends on a variety of things that aren't easy to categorize as just "Yes it'll sell" or its opposite extreme.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I asked this annoying prick working at Gamestop what he thought of Oblivion and the guy goes " It's the best RPG ever!" So I karate chopped the shit out of him! When screenshots start coming out and if they are mostly first person or it looks just like Oblivion, I'm not gonna even waste my money on it! and I'm gonna tell everyone I know that it sucks! Who's with me?!?! And when I become a famous director, I'm gonna make a Fallout movie and I'll make it perfect!
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
armyguy16
Respected
Respected

Post by armyguy16 »

Dogmeatlives wrote:I asked this annoying prick working at Gamestop what he thought of Oblivion and the guy goes " It's the best RPG ever!" So I karate chopped the shit out of him! When screenshots start coming out and if they are mostly first person or it looks just like Oblivion, I'm not gonna even waste my money on it! and I'm gonna tell everyone I know that it sucks! Who's with me?!?! And when I become a famous director, I'm gonna make a Fallout movie and I'll make it perfect!
Let's just send mail bombs to Bethesda's Maryland office. It'll be fun.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

armyguy16 wrote:
Let's just send mail bombs to Bethesda's Maryland office. It'll be fun.
I'm in... that's what the chosen one would do. Well maybe not him but the Vault Dweller would.. that's just how he rolls.
:flamed:
armyguy16
Respected
Respected

Post by armyguy16 »

The Vault Dweller I always played would just go in guns blazing and ask the dead bodies questions later. Unless they offered him money..or booze or something.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

armyguy16 wrote:The Vault Dweller I always played would just go in guns blazing and ask the dead bodies questions later. Unless they offered him money..or booze or something.
Or women... but he could probably kill them and take that shit anyway. It pisses me off that they are using the same engine as oblivion. They are two totally different types of games! I'm not buying the game if it sucks! Join me in my battle against corporate rule!
armyguy16
Respected
Respected

Post by armyguy16 »

No thanks, I'm not a communist. I'll join you in saying Bethesda is full of fucking money hungry pieces of flaming shit, that make shitty games, and are going to make another shitty title called Fallout 3, thats going to be bought by a bunch of retards, the major gaming review sites are going to be paid off to say its great, kinda like what happened with Oblivion I think, then they're going to make a sequel called Fallout 4, thats going to be after some kind of big magical breakthrough between worlds, meaning that Fallout and the Elder Scrolls will be combined just to save time and production costs, though.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

I miss the old days... :cry:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

armyguy16 wrote:No thanks, I'm not a communist. I'll join you in saying Bethesda is full of fucking money hungry pieces of flaming shit, that make shitty games, and are going to make another shitty title called Fallout 3, thats going to be bought by a bunch of retards, the major gaming review sites are going to be paid off to say its great, kinda like what happened with Oblivion I think, then they're going to make a sequel called Fallout 4, thats going to be after some kind of big magical breakthrough between worlds, meaning that Fallout and the Elder Scrolls will be combined just to save time and production costs, though.
I read somewhere that Beth acquired the PC rights to Rifts...

:drunk:
Our Host!