fallout 3 fps

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.

do you want fallout 3 to be fps/rpg tipe game

yes
20%
no
80%
i dont now
No votes
last and lest maby
No votes

Total votes: 30

the demon
SDF!
SDF!

fallout 3 fps

Post by the demon »

do you want fallout 3 to be fps/rpg tipe game
I am the demon I am the destroyer of man bow down now
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

don't care as long as there is acne tribe with plumb-fu warriors. also collecting rocks and herring for experience would rox. dude.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Mister Leckie
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mister Leckie »

Fallout is my favorite game of all time.

Yet, it's been about 10 years since it came out, it's time for the title to evolve.

I think playing the game from the first person perspective would be pretty ideal for the content of the game.

Nothing really has a more immersive effect than experiencing something from the first person perspective.
- -- - -

- --

- -
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Mister Leckie wrote: I think playing the game from the first person perspective would be pretty ideal for the content of the game.

Go to hell commie...
does this work
the demon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by the demon »

Mister Leckie wrote:Fallout is my favorite game of all time.

Yet, it's been about 10 years since it came out, it's time for the title to evolve.

I think playing the game from the first person perspective would be pretty ideal for the content of the game.

Nothing really has a more immersive effect than experiencing something from the first person perspective.
you suck dick comie basterd :chainsaw: :flamed:
I am the demon I am the destroyer of man bow down now
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

The Demon is giving me a headache. Is this an NMA reject, a troll, or worse yet, a taste of the new generation of Fallout fans?

Dear god man. Please make some small attempt at spelling & save my eyes.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Mister Leckie
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mister Leckie »

the demon wrote:
Mister Leckie wrote:Fallout is my favorite game of all time.

you suck dick comie basterd :chainsaw: :flamed:
with pleasure.
- -- - -

- --

- -
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

This thread certainly puts everything into a new perspective.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

It most certainly should not be first-person!! I know it will be but I can hope against hope.. and when they do make it First-person (which they will) I hope they at least have the decency to make a third-person option. And it better not look like my character has a load in his pants... I'm talkin' about you Morrowind. I like seeing my character in different uniforms and with different guns depending on what I equip him with. In the original Fallout I really enjoyed that aspect. Having it in first-person would totally take away from the awesomeness of your character. And I don't know if it's just me but just the thought of playing a first-person RPG gives me a headache, not to mention actually playing it. i see Fallout as sort of a western and I don't think it will be possible to get that feeling with a gun or baseball bat taking up half the screen. This is just an idea but I think it would be kinda cool to have an evolved final fantasy battle system in a fallout game... you run into a deathclaw and go into battle mode with the vault dweller in the middle, Dogmeat on one side and Ian on the other (so he can't shoot you in the back) and you can throw grenades, change weapons, use stim-paks, etc. Call me crazy but that would be pretty cool. It would probably get old after awhile though unless there was another element of battle that was thrown in, like dodging bullets or hiding behind stuff or parrying attacks. I'm just insane.. :omfg:
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

The Enter key on your keyboard,is it broken? :bored:
hello, new guy!
have you been tubgirled yet?
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Fallout Uber Alles! Sieg Heil, mein juden!
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Two things I don't have time for
bleeding and paragraphs. I'm goin a mile a minute... paragraphs only impede my thought process. :bong:
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

I want it to be a Street Fighter II-style fighting game with persistent online stats.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

How about this?
Think Kingdom Hearts...
Instead of Disney and Final Fantasy.... Fallout characters and Cereal Mascots! Tada!!!
Keep Kingdom Hearts gameplay, but with the vault dweller, count chocula and tony the tiger as the main characters and the vault dweller has a giant key and big feet and he fights the spineless (who sometimes look like mutants and sometimes wet little marshmallow pieces)
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

of course I want it to be an FPS because we all know that Bethsoft is unable to make adecent RPG, so instead we can look forward to fireing plasma rifles in realtime...But they won't manage even that, they cannot possibly be able to catch the setting and atmosphere without having extensive knowledge of it, or at least knowing the basics:

Fallout is canon
Fallout2 is canon where it does not contradict Fallout(wich is alot of places, really)
Fallout tictacs is canon where it doesn't contradict Fallout or Fallout2(wich is allmost the whole game)
All copies of that other console trash piece of shite should be dipped in napalm and stuck to it's "creators" and then be touched by a match.

:chew: this can enver be said to often :chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Mister Leckie wrote:Nothing really has a more immersive effect than experiencing something from the first person perspective.
Yes.

But consider how RPGs work. You wander around - ok. Talk to people - ok. Fight... NOT OK! NOT OK! PULL UP JOCK! PULL UP!

1. Looks like RPGs will be forever doomed to "I bash you, you bash me, first to lose all HP loses" system. Ay least turn based makes it look somewhat elegant. Can you think about a game in FPP turn based? No.

2. Fallout has guns. How do you imagine fighting in real time FPP with guns? I can imagine strafing and jumping around like total fuckwad. Besides, should player skill with mouse matter in an RPG?
If not, Deus Ex-like system...? Forget it.

Real time with pause SHOULD work somehow.

So no FPP. Real Time eventually with heavy overview.

Evolution my hairy ass. I remind you that RPGs started as FPP dungeon crawlers then slowly moved up to isometric.
Serious Business.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Something about that statement bothered me. If "First Person" is the most immersive style of gameplay, then hey, why don't we change EVERY game style to first person? Come on, wouldn't it be awesome to have a first person Street Fighter or a first person Civilization strategy game.

The point of the matter is, while the immersion factor is important, you have to choose the format that best fits the gameplay. In both of those cases, there are reasons why a first would be a horrible idea and the same applies to Fallout, an RPG. You'd have to completely change the gameplay mechanics to a point that it'd just be Oblivian with guns and no offense but Oblivian was terrible in such a large number of aspects that I just couldn't play it. It also certaintly wasn't an RPG, but rather a FP fantasy game with some stats which didn't even really effect gameplay. You can't simply put some numbers into a game under some stats and expect them to make a game an RPG, they're simply called "RPG Elements." Fallout should remain an RPG and for that reason shouldn't be a FPS.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Dogmeatlives wrote:paragraphs only impede my thought process. :bong:
Zounds ! We wouldn't want that, would we ? Why, 'tis likely you'd not write a thing, perhaps not even breathe, were paragraphs enforced !

Sounds better and better . . . :drunk:

H.M - 'Mister Leckie' is a deceitful, witless cunt worthy of naught but scorn and muriatic acid to the diseased paper tiger of a brain.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Koki wrote: Evolution my hairy ass. I remind you that RPGs started as FPP dungeon crawlers then slowly moved up to isometric.
'Tis true, and look at the limited shelf life that pretty FPS have. Games whose defining feature is graphics do not age well.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Our Host!