Worrysome

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

Worrysome

Post by box »

Does anyone else get the impression that Oblivion is actually a step backwards from Morrowind? I was "cautiously optimistic" about FO3, and then I played Oblivion.

Worst--
Dialogue is a joke, three [3] fucking voice actors, perception is a world smaller than even morrowind [let alone daggerfall], weapons classes and even playing dress-up has been over simplified, levelling up in ES games is profoundly retarded, and for all that, yes, you're just running around playing hack and slash D&D Doom for Chrissakes

If Beth knew how to make real dialogue, all their shitty talking head technology might be worth something. Dialogue has got me more worried than any other aspect of this upcoming FO3.
And despite the overall game, the combat system used for Fallout: Tactics somewhat worked when applied to real time.
For what it's worth, I agree 100%. Maybe the only good thing to come out of FOT was that engine, which, if left essentially un-jiggered with and applied creatively to the inevitable abortion of an FPS FO3 that Bethesda puts out, could work. Having both options could satisfy Bethsoft's xbox tween market and mollify real FO fans.

Bear with me on this--
Another big thing is actually the amount of shit you can find in the "outworld" in ES games. I mean, if you travel on foot from one city to another, there's all kinds of forts, caves, bandit camps, shrines, and so forth. Lots of stuff to do. Would not a FO game require vast expanses of desert, with basically nothing going on except for your random encounters? That's biggest fear no.2, that beth is going to put stupid knick knacks everywhere, little bits of plot, caves, gas stations, littering the landscape to such an extent that there's no real wasteland anywhere.

In other words, I guess I'm afraid of fucking oblivion with guns.

You look in barrel. You find: [1] Cloth, [1] Mutated Toe, [1] Tongs
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You'llI hope they're not that stupid; there shouldn't be an abundance of anything in FO.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Beth should hand over FO3 to Valve.

CS:FO.

roXors!

Mutated awpers!

pwned!

Vault Dweller is a noob.

& hes gay, too!

what are yoo 12 yrs old?

yes, and i'm admin! eat my shit or I ban yoo!

what's this dialogue crap?

where do I put the bomb?

:drunk:
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Damn you now i feel like playing CS.
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

Post by box »

For an additional twenty dollars you can download the Mariposa Level and the G3. Oh yeah and armor for your brahmin. Outdoorsman skill of 100-- grappling hooks.

I'm crying inside...
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Funny. Maybe when Beth's F3 is out, even the worst orthodoxists and critics will gaze upon the Van Buren design docs with pride in their eyes. Hell, maybe some will even embrace the idea of FOOL; add to shock if you will. This could be one hell of a ride; hell -- one way.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

I miss the good ol' USSA.
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

Totally off topic or something

Post by box »

Brahmin? I meant to say two-headed horse. Art costs money, you know.
Besides, with 300x200 resolution on my XBOX TV, equine-bovine distinctions tend to be blurred. Don't worry though, FO3 will surely cost GOBS of RAM, 80 Billion Gigabytes of hard drive space, and 4 daisy-chained pentium 44000000+ FX ATI SuperGeforce chips to run
[those are real system specs-- I checked]

FallOut: Source
NCR vs. BOS
Actually that sounds kind of cool...

I think Iplay really should have sold the FO franchise to Rockstar
GTA: New Reno
It would be kind of like GTA: Mogadishu in that there's like two working cars in thw whole city, but instead of kalashnikov-armed pedestrians that click at you you would fight knife-armed jet skags. You'd do jobs for all the mob families, and Ray Liotta could voice Son of Vault Dweller. Brianna Banks could voice the sexy but decomposing Ghoul Queen, and you'll have to choose between helping her or Set as played by Gary Busey. Amazing interactive dialogue options including "Yes," "Not right now," and
--Say nothing--

Saint, to be honest I thought VanBuren looked really cool. I abhor MMMPRGs or whatever they're called, otherwise I'd agree with you about FOOL. A FO game would be the only thing I'd ever even be tempted to play online. Anyways, does this thing with that douche feargus mean Iplay is talking about giving obsidian the fabled FOOL license?

I don't know, I thought I had my mind made up that Beth would be okay for fallout and that FO really didn't need turn-based combat to be 'genuine' fallout. I guess all that wouldn't be so bad, but that dialogue. Ugh! And now I'm not so sure about the turn-based thing, either. All of my assumptions about FO3 were predicated on an Oblivion that didn't suck, and Beth fixing all of their 'issues.' Neither has in fact happened, and so here I am trolling the only FO fan site looking for guidance in these, my dark, dark days. Is there any good news at all concerning Beth and FO3? Does any of this matter? Will that corn fed brunette I met at Dome last night put out once she finds out how much of a fat, libertarian geek loser I am?
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

While I don't think it's anywhere near the first Fallout, I actually think Van Buren was better than Fallout 2.
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

Post by box »

I'd give you that.
Truly, Fallout was probably the best game ever made.

Fallout 2: more of a good thing, and a TAKE ALL button to boot, but those pop culture references, while amusing, grated after awhile, and the game had a more comedic feel in general. FO2 was definitely "less dark."

From all of those design docs and so forth, yeah I though VB looked tight.

Question: didn't VB have a 'zoom' option or a rotating camera scheme, because I thought I picked up somewhere that it did?
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Van Buren was going nowhere fast.
Inin
Regular
Regular

Post by Inin »

When will you brainiac's get it into your head:

There is no Fallout 3.

Admit it to yourselves already. Whatever Bethesda releases sure as shit ain't gonna be Fallout 3.

-Inin
Fight the Good Fight-
and die with the enemies' heart in your hand.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Inin wrote:Admit it to yourselves already. Whatever Bethesda releases sure as shit ain't gonna be Fallout 3.
Unfortunately, it will go down in history as Fallout 3, whether you admit it or not.
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

I used to carry two bozars but now I just bring fists ;)

Post by box »

Unfortunately, it will go down in history as Fallout 3, whether you admit it or not.
But I know what Inin's getting at. If it says FO3 on the box, and every 12 and under console gamer loves it, and it's oblivion with guns, then it's probably best to just never leave the denial stage.
FallOut 3? What's that? Is that a new emo band or something?
Never heard of it.

Franchises that took a shit in the last year or four:
MOO, CIV, ROME:TW expansion sucked, C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, DOOM, QUAKE, [arguably] ES, FO like 3 times over, XCom, D&D, you name it,
it's in the bin!
I'm going to start playing SNES emus if this gets any worse

Anyways, I've decided: In order to prep myself for the TRUE BETHSOFT FO3 EXPERIENCE, I'm going to go home and start a game of FO1 with an intelligence of like 3. I've actually never played stupid before. I tried once but I couldn't tell which WWS##DUDU was YES and which NBCNBH@%D was No so I punched Aradesh to death in frustration.
Anyways my little brother plays FO2 stupid all the time, just because he loves getting the Vault City cunts mad at him.
Sos he has an excuse to go in there blasting.
Like you need an excuse I tell him.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

only time I went through all Fallout2 was with a stupid character :chew: I'm so fucking hardcore that I'm criticising, critizicing, criticizing, how the hell do you even spell that word, anyway, Fallout2 was a great RPG, a magnificent RPG, if they just hadn't made it so fucking long...But it contradicts Fallout in a lot of ways, wich makes it less canon...So to satisfy me, BEthsoft will have to make a game that is more true to Fallout than Fallout2 were, and at least as good RPG-wise....

Wich will never focking happen, Fallout 3 will be Oblivion with guns, and it will suck. Donky balls. :chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

big green donkey balls

or was that donkey dicks?

I saw dik-diks at the zoo.
they are from africa.
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

Post by box »

Poke balls, too, probably. Oh well, maybe Beth will have all these neat new goodies to show off to pc people, like BREAD that you can MAKE in the OVEN and SPEARS that become SHARPENED SPEARS with some FLINT and you can join the THIEVES' GUILD and DO MISSIONS and PEOPLE are SO SMART THEY'RE LIKE REAL LIVE HUMANS AT THE MALL!

__editorial__
I just realized that I mizspeled worrisome.
Actually, I find 'y' shapes more appealing than 'i' shapes in lower case.
Asymmetrical, or something.
My shrink and I are working through that.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

box wrote:My shrink and I are working through that.
No, you're not. :drunk:
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

go away Blargh, he was about to brake open :chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

emo viking, shut up. put away your plastic axes.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Our Host!