Why not?

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Look who's talking. D:
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Wow let me guess Nicolai. You sat there infront of your pc and had to think hard for couple of hours before you managed to come up with that post.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Now now, Haris. Your own practices of necessity need not and, in fact, do not apply to everyone else. One day, when you mature just a tad and finally begin to explore the amazing realm of consistently employed neurons, you might realise this for yourself.

Might.

Though, with the remarkably (possibly the sole) consistent campaign of uncomprehending cerebral flatulence you have going, even such humble heights cannot be regarded as certainties.

In closing, YOU ARE LATE. Why am I not surprised ? :drunk:
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

And now comes Blargh. The guy who thinks that using pompous words as synonims for everything he says will pass him off as an intelectual individual.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Oh, IF ONLY you possessed/utilised such BRILLIANT insight toward YOURSELF.

Hush, poppet, you're becoming tedious again. Like the ocean. :drunk:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Haris wrote:Wow let me guess Nicolai. You sat there infront of your pc and had to think hard for couple of hours before you managed to come up with that post.
Someone sucks at reading the post times.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Re: Why not?

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Fella wrote: Why go back to the isometric 2d when you can be totally immersed in a full 3d world. And oblivion is that much more alive than morrowind. Imagine +3 years and the fallout setting?
What?! I... I... What in the hell?! Why go back?! Because Fallout is the best game ever! Fuck all these new gamers who buy these shitty games and actually enjoy them... Fallout is not just a game.. it's seriously a way of life and I can't say that about any game I've played since I first started it up and saw the outside world for the first time in my life.
Screw Japanese games!
Screw First Person Shooters!
Screw Sports Games!
Screw Bethesda!
Screw their shitty First-Person ACTION games!
Screw the hundreds of hours of meaningless dialogue without humor or emotion that lead to a shitty non-impactful ending!
I'm going to stay here with the nay-sayers and rabble-rousers and screw everyone else!
Oh and SCREW First Person Swordfighting! Are these people retarded or something! :bang:
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

Haris wrote:And now comes Blargh. The guy who thinks that using pompous words as synonims for everything he says will pass him off as an intelectual individual.

sssh, not so loud :chew:

:drunk:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Maybe when Bethseda prove to me they can do some kind of dialogue tree, not use the same 3 voice actors for every character, even if FO did it they at least altered the voices, and remove the whole mouse = character skill thing.

Bethseda don't have any turnbased combat system experiance. And dispite the overall game, the combat system used for Fallout: Tactics somewhat worked when applyed to real time. The reason this worked is because it still counted on your character skills, and not mass mouse clickery. I'm sure I'm not the only one expecting the PR of a "revamped and updated combat system" for Fallout 3, along with claims of "this is what the fans wanted", because every TES fanboy fuck is an idiot.

Oblivion is lifeless, boring and the most fun I ever had was putting my music on in the backround. It's not a living world, about the only reactive element in the game is the fact the guards have invented telephones and ESP and call ahead when I come to town over a 1 gold bounty, over that apple I stole by accident getting off that chair.
Oblivion's first person immersion is a joke, even third person it's pretty lame. It doesn't increase the immersion, because there's no immersion to increase in the first place. It wasn't an issue in Bloodlines because the world felt somewhat real, and drew you in with you actually being a character in this world, and people responding accordingly, not some robot in a robe with a sword who gives off a can't compute when he trys to say something with more then two words.

Oblivion is console shit. Morrowind is just shit. period.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Fallout is an RPG in that it takes the playable character's stats into account during all aspects of the game. The higher the stat, the easier certain aspects of the game. You could complete Fallout without killing anyone yourself. What you did in the Fallout world had an effect on what happened to particular areas after the game ended. Skip/botch a quest? Some town goes to Hell. Join the Slavers? You loose out on some quests.

Your actions have consequences, but it is completely possible to complete the game if you kill important characters rather than getting messages that you've lost.

The speech skill had a purpose. You got better outcomes and more information the higher the skill. Many characters had no speech options, and that's fine. They were just there as mindless populace. Many characters would speak to you. They all said something different. Their speech would change as quests were completed, but yes they too would run out of options and become pretty much just drones with faces.

In Oblivion, the entire game was spent cutting things up with swords and shooting arrows. The accuracy seemed to have no relation to your skill points because everything in the entire game levels up and hence even rats and fish stay and become formidable foes. Oblivion is centered around the actual human player's ability to control a mouse.

Your actions had no consequences as you could pay a fine or serve time in jail. The Imperials loved me even though I looted them blind. Even as a Vampire, I had the same speaking options and ability to join guilds, etc.

Sure, every character talks. But was this done well? NO! They ran out of voice actors and somehow the devs managed to put two to three different voices on many of the characters. All but the most important characters (or those directly related to a quest) had more speech options. Then they ran out of things to say. Who gives a shit if they talk about current events? What does that do for the player? Nothing. The player by all accounts should know what is going on in the world because he caused them.

As you can see, Fallout is in no way like Oblivion. They are in fact quite opposite of each other most every aspect. Fallout is a CRPG. Oblivion is a Dungeon Crawler with poorly implimented CRPG elements. The fact that the game depends on human player skill with a mouse means it is in fact NOT an RPG at all.

EDIT: Hmm...Just noticed this was 3 pages and I pretty much repeated what someone else said. Oh, well.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Since when is the future not bleak?
I miss the good ol' USSA.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

since george and pals started winding up wwIII.
:neverforget: :salute:
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Oho ! I always knew Darryl was nefarious, but did any of you listen ?

. . .

Well, yes. Some of you twats bothered to -

. .

That is not the po -

Irrelev -

. . .

DAMN YOU AND YOUR COCKING OBJECTIONS, O YE SANCTIMONIOUS FOOLS, TO THE NADIR OF GEHENNA. MAY THE MAGGOTS GAG UPON YOUR UNWHOLESOME REMAINS.

Darryl = PALS = evil.

That is all. :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

There's a much simpler equation to that problem : Subhuman = evil.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

vx trauma wrote:since george and pals started winding up wwIII.
:neverforget: :salute:

WWIV, technically.

WW3=Cold War with many dead proxies :joy:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

It's not a war unless there's a full nuclear assault.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

So when do we get to see the first war?
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

S4ur0n27 wrote:There's a much simpler equation to that problem : Subhuman = evil.
Ockham can take his precious razor and CUT HIS OWN FUCKING THROAT. :drunk:
Caratzillion
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Caratzillion »

since i'm no forum whore i don't care about your little singleplayer community, still i have to say something on this mather therefore i registered

cocksucking shitballz how dare you be so fucking ungratefull... still feeling sour b/c of van buren? well let me tell you something that pig didn't fly

you crapfarters should be really fucking hanged for being such pansies
here you are condemning a game which suposedly will suck well boohoo motherfuckers since FO2 i haven't seen a FO sandbox comin out and here it is, right in fron of your fucking uptight shitdipped noses.

damn fucking forum no-lifers

you know i'm not sure if anyone told you this.. but instead of being a group of asswhipes all trying to be the baddest motherfuckr in town

maybe you should start making some decent mods for FO2 if you really want a fo game that bad... cous the one's out there suck monkeynutz..
then again it explains a lot about the shit community you have here! *surprise*

stop being fanwhores to a company which fucked itself in the brains

fo 1&2 was A-okay and fucking great timewastement but stop beating a dead horse and do something about it

whiny little shitfaced lazy asscrappers

and to all the negative fuckers here. i was never on a whorehouse rp sims online forum run by 8 year old kids, but i'm sure it's 100% the same as this stinkturd hole you got yourselves going on here

true words from a FO fan who dislikes fuckers trying to be conservative in a really dumb dumb way

one more time, either crank out mods who are worth a rats ass
or stop whining and *TRY* to enjoy what's coming .. fucking toadslimelickers

and i wish i was half as good as the fucking forumgods here, with all those gee-wizz colors my post would look like it came down from the heavens itself

down syndrome suffering stinkbags
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Caratzillion wrote:since i'm no forum whore i don't care about your little singleplayer community, still i have to say something on this mather therefore i registered

cocksucking shitballz how dare you be so fucking ungratefull... still feeling sour b/c of van buren? well let me tell you something that pig didn't fly

you crapfarters should be really fucking hanged for being such pansies
here you are condemning a game which suposedly will suck well boohoo motherfuckers since FO2 i haven't seen a FO sandbox comin out and here it is, right in fron of your fucking uptight shitdipped noses.

damn fucking forum no-lifers

you know i'm not sure if anyone told you this.. but instead of being a group of asswhipes all trying to be the baddest motherfuckr in town

maybe you should start making some decent mods for FO2 if you really want a fo game that bad... cous the one's out there suck monkeynutz..
then again it explains a lot about the shit community you have here! *surprise*

stop being fanwhores to a company which fucked itself in the brains

fo 1&2 was A-okay and fucking great timewastement but stop beating a dead horse and do something about it

whiny little shitfaced lazy asscrappers

and to all the negative fuckers here. i was never on a whorehouse rp sims online forum run by 8 year old kids, but i'm sure it's 100% the same as this stinkturd hole you got yourselves going on here

true words from a FO fan who dislikes fuckers trying to be conservative in a really dumb dumb way

one more time, either crank out mods who are worth a rats ass
or stop whining and *TRY* to enjoy what's coming .. fucking toadslimelickers

and i wish i was half as good as the fucking forumgods here, with all those gee-wizz colors my post would look like it came down from the heavens itself

down syndrome suffering stinkbags

Yay!

A new DACer, ready-made with no need for training.

cocksucking shitball crapfarter!

That could be his sig!

P.S.
I wonder if this is a delayed-action TES counterattack
:drunk:
Our Host!