Multiplayer

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
C-riz
SDF!
SDF!

Multiplayer

Post by C-riz »

I read at some post here that Fallout Tactics 2 were in the making, if it is not and Fallout 3 is the next installment in Fallout it would be nice to have alot of Mulitplayer options. Like Fallout Tactics, but with more things, heck i dunno you make it out :P
Demon-X
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Demon-X »

It would be nice to play FO3 in a multiplayer CO-OP between many peopple, say 8 or so and be able to interact with the entire game, like a MMORPG but without the hassles of paying etc.

like havinga unique saving sytem where the players char stats and position where saved on the host comp so the players could meet up at a given time to play again. that would make for some great lan partys dontcha think?
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

even though this sounds dumb...

you shouldnt be able to give eachother weapons...
because any old schmo could get on and be godly.
"Hey, got an extra M72? and some Power armor?"
"yea, sure, here"
"thanks man"

that is how all MMORPG's are ruined. damn those slackers, like me
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Sounds to me like you're talking about porting the Fallout environment to Diablo 2. It will never work! Do you not understand? How can it possibly work?
Grand Lord Penguin
Respected
Respected
Location: The secret underground lair- er, dojo of the Penguin style Kung-Fu

Post by Grand Lord Penguin »

Okay, a word to the wise if you didn't know):

I'm not sure about native DAC people, but us V13 refugees (Saint's on so many forums, but I saw him on V13 first, so he's a V13 refugee)...we have a certain...innate dislike of anyone who posts anything supportig FO and multiplayer outside the idiot pen, er, the FOOL board.

So before Saint has to respond, I would like to say:

NO. IT WILL NOT WORK. THE REASONS ARE NUMEROUS. NEVER SPEAK OF THIS AGAIN.

Thank you.

NOTE: The only reason I dd not break out the Pointy Sticks is because I like C-riz's avatar. Anime is good.
Black Mage: She better have an antidote for FACE STABBIN'! 'Cause, ooh, her face is so stabbed when we get back!
Demon-X
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Demon-X »

*runs off and hides*
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

1 thing that would be cool is if you and your friend could get on (lan?)
and start at the same time, and help eachother with the quests and such.
so you would both be the same level throughout the game (well, near the same)
so your friend could be like a super NPC, and vise-versa. ya know?

not some MMORPG, just a little 2 player support.

and quests would count for both of you if you do them.
like that multiplayer test they showed, eccept you could actually interact.

hu? hu?
(i hate MMORPGs, Diablo2 is so boring...)
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Maybe like Dungeon Siege Multiplayer. U know, like an entire different world.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

You need multiplayer
Look at nwn.
GOD, NO NOT AGAIN! 8O
You need Multiplayer to expand lifespan, replayabiliaty, and makes game more popular
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

multiplayer=no

if you want to re-play...re-play it with a different charecter. Its not like its linear. Multi-player is just full of people with no armour and miniguns running round in 5k games.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I personally am against multiplayer, maybe co-op if multiplayer has to be included. They should focus on the single player game instead making it suitable for several players.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

I wouldn't point to NWN as a good example of anything for Fallout 3 to be.
------------------
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

JESUS H CHRIST SAINT PROVERBIUS RESPONDED TO ONE OF MY REPLIES! WOHOO! YEAH!
Anyway, I dont understand your battle against BioWare- comparing FO to any BioWare rpg is like comparing Star Wars to 2001. While you could argue that Star Wars has some deep philosophical ideals- the spiritual and the material, for instance- this is only what you read into it- while 2001 has ideas and IQ points neccesary to enjoy floating around all over the place.
Fallout was about the selfdestructive, but ultiamatley regenerative nature of mankind, if not all life, with alot of opinions on orgainic theory, both in defense of and attacking.
Baldur's Gate on the other hand, in my opinion, is a sort of exsistential fantasy narritave- Who am I? Is my future mine or the whim of Bhaal?
While NWN does not have (or is not as easy to read into) philosophical ideas, it has a beautiful story.
Also, in many ways, NWN is the perfection of slightly linear RPG with many things I would like to see in FO-
The ability to use the mouse in almost every funtion
3d graphics
Fully working mp
amazing, absolutly stunning toolset
Great voice acting
A working romance (no, THERE WERE NONE IN FO2, PERVS)
Though there are alot of things that FO should be that are not in NWN (Special, Pip, PIPboy, Powerarmor, Post-Apoc setting, philosophical ideas),yet it is a good example of any ANY kind of rpg.
I love you Saint_Proverbius. Dont kill me.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Constipated BladeRunner wrote:JESUS H CHRIST SAINT PROVERBIUS RESPONDED TO ONE OF MY REPLIES! WOHOO! YEAH!
Anyway, I dont understand your battle against BioWare- comparing FO to any BioWare rpg is like comparing Star Wars to 2001. While you could argue that Star Wars has some deep philosophical ideals- the spiritual and the material, for instance- this is only what you read into it- while 2001 has ideas and IQ points neccesary to enjoy floating around all over the place.
Fallout was about the selfdestructive, but ultiamatley regenerative nature of mankind, if not all life, with alot of opinions on orgainic theory, both in defense of and attacking.
It was?

Also, in many ways, NWN is the perfection of slightly linear RPG with many things I would like to see in FO-
The ability to use the mouse in almost every funtion
3d graphics
Fully working mp
amazing, absolutly stunning toolset
Great voice acting
A working romance (no, THERE WERE NONE IN FO2, PERVS) (Actually you could get married)Though there are alot of things that FO should be that are not in NWN (Special, Pip, PIPboy, Powerarmor, Post-Apoc setting, philosophical ideas),yet it is a good example of any ANY kind of rpg.
I love you Saint_Proverbius. Dont kill me.
I think he meant it should be how nwn plays on-line, no fallout on the nwn engine with some elves and shit thrown in.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

You get mariried by saying "Ive herd rumors about you and the bhramin" and ruthlessly lying to an overly permesquous super hot chick.
Not romance.
Our Host!