Fallout3: What to add, and what to learn from Fallout 2

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Haris wrote:
You're banned, no one can read you, idiott
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Haris wrote:. I'm sodomite computer swede. I l33t you. :clap:
And your ladytron-avatar is the gheyest.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

This was pretty funny. Good job, people.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

ApTyp wrote:I suck..
Yea aint that cool? :clap:
Denizen
SDF!
SDF!

haha..wow

Post by Denizen »

I think everyone should recognize that even though old ideas may be brought up time and time again - it is a crucial step in assuring that those ideas don't go forgotten. When developers lose their heads up their asses as they often do, they may turn to forums for ideas. If those ideas are not readily available, I can assure you all that the developers won't scan entire forums to find them.

I hope we're all aware that history tends to repeat itself. Look to DeusEx 2 for a title that (in all practicality) killed its franchise. Developers likely won't have the time or patience to scan through hundreds of forum pages for old ideas...they'll look at the latest posts. God forbid everyone chooses to leave the past behind - Fallout 3 could potentially end up without any of the improvements that have been mentioned over the years. And if it were to end up on a console...we ALL know the damage it could incur as result.

Now everyone open your arms and at least brace the newb poster for his contribution to the developers if not to your own obtuse and/or grand intellects. He is willing to apply himself at contributing - there isn't much more that could be asked for aside from that. Any other demands would probably inhibit the expansion and credibility of a forum as a public resource for information and community-esque discussion.

:eyebrow:
osmosys
SDF!
SDF!

Post by osmosys »

Urizen wrote:osmosys: I actually consider myself one of the nicer people on this forum, so I'm gonna try to be gentle. Here it comes: You're 14 years old.
No I'm not. You have no idea how old I am, and it's not very nice to project an age on someone when you have no idea how old they are.

You know you don't know my age.

Urizen wrote: One or two of the people on DAC actually have jobs and girlfriends. Simply put, they're better than you, and that gives them the right to throw shit at you.
They are better than me? That's a horrible attitude to have. Thinking you are "better" than anyone is very snobby. Especially when you haven't even taken the time to ask a few questions of that person in a civil manner.

And what by your criteria makes someone better than someone else? Having a job? A girl friend? These are all external relationships. What about respect? What about decency?

You know what really amazes me? A list of a few ideas for a game managed to offend so many people. Did I ever say anyone had to agree with me? Were the contents of that list offensive? Did they target anyone specifically or make demands? Did I not start the list with, "These are my PERSONAL ideas"?

Look into your heart man. I've done nothing to warrant the treatment I've recieved here.

And one other thing. You aren't nice at all. I really wonder how you behave in real life. Do you start conversations with: "I'm a pretty nice guy, but you know you are just not as good as these people here."

Real classy man. Real NICE.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Our way or the highway, congoid! >:(

Also, the proper response is not to cry and appeal to reason, but to put your foot down and start spraying some angry saliva at the attackers.
osmosys
SDF!
SDF!

Post by osmosys »

Blargh wrote:The topic opener, your post, osmosys, is a fetid cluster of blatantly regurgitated musings well past their provocation-of-thought-by-date. Further, it is a convincing argument for the pretense of/actual cursory reading, and the use of at least one search engine.

Just as your presence and the likely reaction(s) is/are an argument for the wonders of lurking rather than blithe, spontaneous participation.

In short, your comment is a cesspool.
osmosys wrote:I feel that some people on No Mutants Allowed are a bit cynical and callus, so now I'm seeing how people on this forum are.
*laughs*

Fun times ahead ! :drunk:
In your OPINION it’s a cesspool. Remember that your feelings and opinions on my post are subjective. You speak from an authoritative position, yet you hold no authority over what anyone else besides you likes.

You've just committed a logical fallacy:

------------------

1. Appeal to Popularity
(argumentum ad populum)

Definition:

A proposition is held to be true because it is widely held to
be true or is held to be true by some (usually upper crust)
sector of the population.
This fallacy is sometimes also called the "Appeal to Emotion"
because emotional appeals often sway the population as a
whole.

Examples:

(i) If you were beautiful, you could live like this, so buy
Buty-EZ and become beautiful. (Here, the appeal is to the
"beautiful people".)
(ii) Polls suggest that the Liberals will form a majority
government, so you may as well vote for them.
(iii) Everyone knows that the Earth is flat, so why do you
persist in your outlandish claims?

------------------

Basically you are saying my post is a cesspool because you hold the "popular" opinion of your peers. However, it's just an opinion. You can't prove anything. I never made an empirical argument. My post is non-falsifiable.

I find your negative remarks distasteful, and overly reductionistic. You can argue all you want, but you know that there is no proving the worth of what is truly subjective.
osmosys
SDF!
SDF!

Post by osmosys »

ApTyp wrote:Our way or the highway, congoid! >:(

Also, the proper response is not to cry and appeal to reason, but to put your foot down and start spraying some angry saliva at the attackers.
Yeah you're probably right man. I was just hoping to have a positive discussion here. A lot of people open up with attacks, and it seems just like hazing.

I bet a lot of them agree with many points on the list, but as soon as they see something they don't like they read into it too much and spray angry saliva.

;-)
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

When you're coherent, you're not passionate enough. Jew.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

osmosys wrote:In your OPINION it’s a cesspool.
In this instance, OPINION and FACT coincide. As dancers. Your post(s) do(es) resemble (a) cesspool(s). Even as biased as you understandably are, you cannot logically suggest otherwise until such a time that you amend your contributions by way of thought and further reading.
osmosys wrote:Remember that your feelings and opinions on my post are subjective.
I had not forgotten, even so, this is moot.
osmosys wrote:You speak from an authoritative position, yet you hold no authority over what anyone else besides you likes.
Such certainty ! Realise your own ignorance, and perhaps you will eventually learn. Influence is unneeded and your words are worthless.
osmosys wrote:You've just committed a logical fallacy:
At no point did I claim to represent 'popular' opinion. At no point did I cite opinion, my own, or those held by others. Again, irrelevant. Thank you though, for the highly informative examples. It is rather insightful that you think me in need of such illustrations.
osmosys wrote:Basically you are saying my post is a cesspool because you hold the "popular" opinion of your peers.
That is your claim, whereas I declared your post a cesspool irrespective of consensus. Thus, your suggestion is false. Your determination to shape things so is the lone cause for my original observation.
osmosys wrote:However, it's just an opinion.
Your opinion is that it is 'just' an opinion. The truth is an altogether different shade to which you have averted your eyes and mind.
osmosys wrote:You can't prove anything.
Proof is unnecessary. Defend them, your cesspools, as you like. Paint them for something they are not. Sight and truth are not foiled by such flimsy attempts at obfuscation.
osmosys wrote:My post is non-falsifiable.
Like much of what you write, this does not matter. At all.
osmosys wrote:I find your negative remarks distasteful,
I find your remarks wearisome and overly vegetative.
osmosys wrote:You can argue all you want, but you know that there is no proving the worth of what is truly subjective.
There is no argument, as you have not yet demonstrated your ability to argue. Even then, there is no argument, as the measure of you and your words is readily apparent and quite irrefutable, despite your earnest efforts.

Your breath is and will remain empty.

With a nod to you, future exchanges will doubtlessly come to resemble a circle. With this and my growing disinterest in you and your foul children, I would suggest you cease wasting my time and hop along to another unfortunate forum. :drunk:
osmosys
SDF!
SDF!

Post by osmosys »

Blargh wrote:
In this instance, OPINION and FACT coincide. As dancers. Your post(s) do(es) resemble (a) cesspool(s). Even as biased as you understandably are, you cannot logically suggest otherwise until such a time that you amend your contributions by way of thought and further reading.
Actually opinion and fact are never the same thing:

Opinion:

"A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion� (Elizabeth Drew)."

Fact:

"Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy."

In your opinion my post is a cesspool, but as a fact you "think" its a cesspool. It's SUBJECTIVE.

Don't try to wiggle your way out of this one either. You know what you were doing.
osmosys
SDF!
SDF!

Post by osmosys »

ApTyp wrote:When you're coherent, you're not passionate enough. Jew.
Who was that aimed at? What's this about Jews? Are you a nazi?

I'm losing the coherency here.
osmosys
SDF!
SDF!

Re: haha..wow

Post by osmosys »

Denizen wrote:I think everyone should recognize that even though old ideas may be brought up time and time again - it is a crucial step in assuring that those ideas don't go forgotten. When developers lose their heads up their asses as they often do, they may turn to forums for ideas. If those ideas are not readily available, I can assure you all that the developers won't scan entire forums to find them.

I hope we're all aware that history tends to repeat itself. Look to DeusEx 2 for a title that (in all practicality) killed its franchise. Developers likely won't have the time or patience to scan through hundreds of forum pages for old ideas...they'll look at the latest posts. God forbid everyone chooses to leave the past behind - Fallout 3 could potentially end up without any of the improvements that have been mentioned over the years. And if it were to end up on a console...we ALL know the damage it could incur as result.

Now everyone open your arms and at least brace the newb poster for his contribution to the developers if not to your own obtuse and/or grand intellects. He is willing to apply himself at contributing - there isn't much more that could be asked for aside from that. Any other demands would probably inhibit the expansion and credibility of a forum as a public resource for information and community-esque discussion.

:eyebrow:

Finally someone that puts it all into perspective.

1. Guy posts ideas
2. Trolls see ideas, and flame guy, but without actually talking about the ideas themselves.
3. Guy gets outraged
4. Trolls tell guy he has no right to be mad and further attacks him.
5. Guy is at a loss for words.

lol that pretty much sums it all up. Man I'm outa here! This forum is no good!

:joy:
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

another SDF driven away by ranting mob.
+1 to score
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

When all the bridges are burned down, the trolls walk the earth D:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

His biggest mistake was in not realizing that Blargh is too good to have peers.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Denizen wrote:I think everyone should recognize that even though old ideas may be brought up time and time again - it is a crucial step in assuring that those ideas don't go forgotten. When developers lose their heads up their asses as they often do, they may turn to forums for ideas. If those ideas are not readily available, I can assure you all that the developers won't scan entire forums to find them.
The worst thing that Bethesda could do is to listen eager fanboys and try to implement their ideas. This would most probably result in pleasing a few but disappointing the majority.
There are some elements the fans are extremely sensitive about, but listening to the fans and making a game in accordance with their wishes isn't the way to go. Such games often end up repetitive and uninteresting; same shit, new graphics. I for one hold originality and the ability of renewal in high esteem, even or should I say especially in sequels. The developers not knowing how to make a good game without listening to the fans is quite a notion of distrust towards Bethesda(whether it's true or false, I don't know). You simply cannot make an enjoyable game if don't have your own vision for the game.
This happens to be a community. A community with its own non-written rules and code of conduct. We don't embrace 'newbs'. I welcome anyone who can comply with this and make himself fucking heard instead of crying for justice.
osmosys wrote:A list of a few ideas for a game managed to offend so many people.
Amuse, but definitely not offend.
Fact: "Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy."
Until one possesses the knowledge of The Ultimate Truth, everything written are opinions or personal perspectives of fact.
Man I'm outa here! This forum is no good!
I was hoping you had bigger balls than this.
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

This thread needs to be WASTELANDED asap to prevent the bethesda dudes from seeing it :chick:
hello, new guy!
have you been tubgirled yet?
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

osmosys wrote:
Blargh wrote:
Actually opinion and fact are never the same thing:

Opinion:

"A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion� (Elizabeth Drew)."

Fact:

"Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy."

In your opinion my post is a cesspool, but as a fact you "think" its a cesspool. It's SUBJECTIVE.

Don't try to wiggle your way out of this one either. You know what you were doing.
As much as I sympathise with you (and I do in a way), I must point out your mistake. You're mislead by outdated concepts, ideas, scholars, what not. Face it, objectivity is unattainable to a cognizing subject, for it is a subject that is cognizing. Whatever your activity, you totally depend on your individual mental faculty. Hence, opinion is the only fact possible. Opinion is everything.

And stop quoting other people's opinions and arguments because somebody might think you haven't your own, you know.

Friendly advice, if you're unable to see past the politically incorrect tone predominant here, if you can't bear throwing some manure at you by the regulars - be it merely for the fact they're bored - you better leave. If you stay, call somebody 'bitch' but don't let the superficial heat of argument corrupt the inner calmness everyone should have.
Oh fuck I got carried away, didn't I? I'm getting sentimental. Somebody kick me!
Urizen wrote: One or two of the people on DAC actually have jobs and girlfriends. Simply put, they're better than you, and that gives them the right to throw shit at you.
:lol: :no:
Our Host!