3 Simple Questions about Uninstallation...

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Fusion Cola
SDF!
SDF!

3 Simple Questions about Uninstallation...

Post by Fusion Cola »

:?:

Just wondering, if anyone knows:
-if I uninstall FO:T, will the savegames stay on my hard drive?
-if I reinstall FO:T, will I have to reinstall the 1.27 patch?
-also, if the savegames are removed, is there a way around this so that I can keep them??

Thanks to anyone who has the answers to these questions.
Klaatu, Veraata...
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

1. I don't know for sure but more than likely they do since they stayed for FO & FO2, like I said though, I don't know for sure so just save them on to a disc if you want to make sure.

2. Yes you will have to reinstall the patch

3. save on a disc
Softwisper
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Softwisper »

just a thought if you still have the patch zip file it may be a good idea to save it to another part of your harddrive or to a disk as well it is a real pain to redownload it when you reinstall..

I don't remember if it deletes savedgames/charators it would be good to back them up as well just incase. course i did a total uninstall then went back over and reformatted the drive before reinstalling.

now if I only could get the patch to work....
I am ready to meet my maker. I only hope he is up for the ordeal.

In life 2 things are garenteed, Death and taxs. You spend your whole life paying one and saving for the other.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I think that the saved games are wiped, the multiplayer characters definately are after uninstallation. Either put the save games on a disc or copy and paste them to another part of your hard drive to keep them safe.
Our Host!