Fallout Tactics: Not that friggin bad!

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
aeonsbeyond
SDF!
SDF!

Post by aeonsbeyond »

I see how its argued FO1 & 2 have "visual charm" ...or whatever phrase youd use to describe those megachunky chocolate-chip-cookie-crumb pixels...

Of course I suppose its all this talk of streamlining the graphics that got ecveryone all flipped out over FO3...what i saw of it almost made it look like a spinoff of Evil Genius or somesuch, and kind of too hip for the Fallout theme...
No sig just a SIG SG 550.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

aeonsbeyond wrote:Im sorry, recent engine/graphics standards...
I see how its argued FO1 & 2 have "visual charm" ...or whatever phrase youd use to describe those megachunky chocolate-chip-cookie-crumb pixels...
Fallout was released in 1997 and Fallout 2 in '98. That makes them 9 and 8 years old respectively. That's a long time in the 3D acceleration mayhem of today. Can you even demand graphics of good quality in modern terms? I personally value nice artwork and interface design more than pure eye candy and polygon count.

If we would talk about quest design, character development, combat and roleplaying aspects, then Fallout pretty much set the standard for the CRPG genre. A standard many have failed to reach.
Of course I suppose its all this talk of streamlining the graphics that got ecveryone all flipped out over FO3...what i saw of it almost made it look like a spinoff of Evil Genius or somesuch, and kind of too hip for the Fallout theme...
I don't think the graphics were the main concern about Van Buren, from what I remember of the old BIS forums.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Fallout is just as visually impressive as it was when I first played it back in 1997. :salute: Visual style is what matters when it comes to graphics, really.
aeonsbeyond
SDF!
SDF!

Post by aeonsbeyond »

VasikkA wrote:
If we would talk about quest design, character development, combat and roleplaying aspects, then Fallout pretty much set the standard for the CRPG genre. A standard many have failed to reach.
Absolutely agree there on both counts.
aeonsbeyond
SDF!
SDF!

Post by aeonsbeyond »

Nicolai wrote:Fallout is just as visually impressive as it was when I first played it back in 1997. :salute:
Visual style is what matters when it comes to graphics, really.
I love all the Fallout designs in all 3 games, very true to the tale and atmosphere.
Even FO2 Im OK with really...but FO1 (which I also first played in 97 as well and 10x since...just not recently.)
is just too hard for my shriveled orbs to look at for hours anymore...
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Your 'shriveled orbs' have failed you, then ? And now ? Eye damage ? Brain damage ? Both ?

Are you SOME SORT OF CUNT ?! :drunk:
aeonsbeyond
SDF!
SDF!

Post by aeonsbeyond »

Blargh wrote:Your 'shriveled orbs' have failed you, then ? And now ? Eye damage ? Brain damage ? Both ?

Daft cunt actually, from CuntCo Inc US Ltd.
here to audit your books, seems you people arent paying your cunt tax lately, stop hoarding all the cunt!

:drunk:

But really, ask Jesus, he knows all.
aeonsbeyond
SDF!
SDF!

Post by aeonsbeyond »

aeonsbeyond wrote:
Blargh wrote:Your 'shriveled orbs' have failed you, then ? And now ? Eye damage ? Brain damage ? Both ?

Daft cunt actually, from CuntCo Inc US Ltd.
here to audit your books, seems you people arent paying your cunt tax lately, stop hoarding all the damn cunt!

:drunk:

But really, ask Jesus, he knows all, or so he once told us.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Double posting cunt.

How daft.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Double posting is a sin...
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

The Daft cunt is a sinner. :cry:
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

aeonsbeyond wrote:Daft
You are unworthy.
aeonsbeyond wrote::drunk:
Get out. :drunk:
aeonsbeyond
SDF!
SDF!

Post by aeonsbeyond »

Now this thread is true sin.
http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 762#299762

Anyway. Off to lurk I go.
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

Do you have a different avatar every 5 minutes?
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

I hate aeonsbeyond.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

This thread went from stupid to moronic. Seriously. FoT was a bad game. It had promise, but that was lost long, long ago. I don't dislike it because it was poorly executed, had a shitty interface, terrible combat, nonexistent chat, or a completely moronic and incoherent plot that destroyed the Brotherhood of Steel, I simply dislike it because ... oh wait. Those are a few reasons.

Seriously. If you're that into graphics I hear that them fancy Xbox360's are pumping out some hawttttXxxXgraphiXXx for your viewing pleasure. Personally I prefer solid design and gameplay before graphics are taken into account. Yes, it'd be nice if all games had awesome graphics, but it'd be much, much, MUCH better if all games with awesome graphics were awesome games.

If Fallout or Fallout 2 are "unplayable" because of "standards" set by Fallout Tactics or other, even more modern games, I seriously suggest you grow a pair, suck it up, and deal with it, because seriously, graphics do not make games good. If graphics make a game unplayable to you then you are going to be missing out on a shitload of good games. If graphics do make good games for you, you like a lot of shitty games.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I re-installed FoT about a week ago, there are a handful of really fun missions.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I had an urge to reinstall it. An urge from the "shitty games that I want to play again because I'm fucking bored" section of my mind. And only because my Icewind Dale II CD1 is fucked.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Funnily enough that same urge is what compelled me to re-install it.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I think it's the lack of Fallout 3 (a GOOD Fallout 3) that makes you act in such a pathetic way! Fallout Tactics does not deserve the name FALLOUT!
Post Apocalyptic Tactics would be nice.
No one would complain and it would be "a nice tactics game looking somewhat simmilar to Fallout".
But it ain't...
Our Host!