Unarmed or Mellee

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Red wrote:I never tag any weapons skills personally, and when reaching level 12, I do as you, tag enerygy weapons. Note that I've noticed a bug in that... If your skill is lower then ~20, you don't get the 20 skillpoint bonus for tagging the skill... It's weird. So basically I have to up my stats to 20 before getting the Tag! perk...

Up to level 12, the only "hard" battle you have is the one with Frog Norton, unless you want to take out the wannamingos right away (which I usually do anyhow).

Since all I raise my small weapons skill are the books, I HAVE to use the "get right in front of ennemy and target weak spot, or burst" technique, I love the combat shotgun, CAWS and Pancor Jackhammer...

Once I reach SAD then it's time for the Turbo Plasma Rifle... good old FO1 favourite...
I think I read somewhere that the Tag perk is retroactive, and doubles the amount of point that you've put into it prior to the tag... so if you've put 30 or so points into something, then tag it, it will go up 30 points.... you get the idea...
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

How could the game tell wether you assigned point through experience, or say, books... Quite obviously you wouldn't want to attribute the double point for reading books when you only get the normal bonus when using the book and having the tag perked.

So, well, nope, it doesn't work... There are trick to incrase your skill point gain however... As when you tag a skill, you can re-distribute the skill points back down to the MINIMUM for that stat, so you you double so point gains that way.

[edit] So you can souble so point gains that way... damn what was I on last night?
Last edited by Red on Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

I see...
Our Host!