Bard's Tale

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Kashluk

Bard's Tale

Post by Kashluk »

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thebards ... C%27s+tale

Gameplay-wise it's just another action oriented rpg, where the role playing is limited to building up your character so it can hack and slash harder and faster. But the content... Well it's funny. Oi luvd graetly ta wee thee madde it all su oirish en stuff. Bloody brilliant, I'd say. The humor's fine, too, and (blame my Disney-filled childhood for saying this) I actually liked the songs. It's not the best game evah, but certainly worth taking a look and playing through once or twice, mebbe.
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

It was quite enjoyable, pretty humourous at times.

Verdict
D: D: / D: D: D:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Nice and boring. Alot of 'haha' and alot of 'screw this'. Songs were great, sure enough, and I really liked the graphics. I have yet to beat it, as I rather do anything but play that game, for the time being.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

DO the characters actually sing songs in this? I hated Disney movies as a kid because of the sing along shit.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Oh yes. There is a whole lot of singing, and the most of it will be done by you. Also, you have to press the right buttons in the right order to sing the song the way its supposed to be. If you don't, the game turns into Super Mario : The Lost Levels.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

:D

Not quite, really.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Re: Bard's Tale

Post by Redeye »

Kashluk wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thebards ... C%27s+tale

Gameplay-wise it's just another action oriented rpg, where the role playing is limited to building up your character so it can hack and slash harder and faster. But the content... Well it's funny. Oi luvd graetly ta wee thee madde it all su oirish en stuff. Bloody brilliant, I'd say. The humor's fine, too, and (blame my Disney-filled childhood for saying this) I actually liked the songs. It's not the best game evah, but certainly worth taking a look and playing through once or twice, mebbe.
Oh, it looks like a big hibernian piece of shit.
I thought Scara Brae was north of Scotland.(wtf?)
If it was two dollars I might buy it, but... no.

Try Devil Whiskey!
Old Skule!
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Buy it? Warez it then to cry out loud, you cheap cunt.

I don't know if it's Irish or Scottish or whatever, the accent's thick, there's plenty of folk music and obese drinking involved, which are all that matters.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It sucks.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I didnt really mean SINg alongs, more of just the character singing like in Disney movies. Everyone would try to sing with the character on screen in disney movies and it kinda became a SIng along.
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

... Sound of Music kinda.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

You have to sing into a mic, when there's a song on, and the game will measure the cleanness of your voice and give you some gold based on how good you sing.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

stop joking around, this is serious business.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah, this is no Idols the PC Game D:
CrazyNick
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by CrazyNick »

Bards tale was an okay diversion untill such gems as Indigo Prophecy and Fable were released. It had an okay gameplay, passable graphics and was quite humorus.

HAGGIS FOR ALL!
shut up you crazy old coot
It's the sandwich that takes a bite out of YOU!
Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I downloaded and installed the demo a while back. Well, I was fucking disappoited. It looked like a fucking console "hop around and get shiny thingies" shit for popculture-lobotomised teens. Or that was my impression from the 60seconds it kept my attention.

That's said, as I had been kinda looking forward to this game, fooled by the legend of the original and the "lots-a-humour" marketing
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I had to buy a midi-based flute for the computer, to beat the game. The end boss starts dancing around like crazy in the final struggle, and you have to calm him by manually playing on a flute irl, but the mic only records one tenth of the song ( if you're bad at it ) and then the boss kills you. So I bought a midi flute, as said, and started playing acdc tunes on it, and it unlocked a secret level with link and zelda from ocarina of time.
Then I had to sing for a few minutes, and everyone started singing with me, and I got the bad ending, because I was kind of drunk while I sang so it sounded weird and I only got 2,2 out of 5, and the magic princess ran off with Ganodorf.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

What? :sadblinky:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

I feel your pain, mang. :sadblinky:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member