Problem With Fallout 1

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
drochfhuaimniú
SDF!
SDF!

Problem With Fallout 1

Post by drochfhuaimniú »

Okay, I recently ordered Fallout 1 & 2 Jewel Case and to while the hours away I downloaded the demo from FilePlanet and I've encountered something of a bug.

When I launch the game it goes through the standard Interplay blah blah would you like to register and I say no. Then it loads as a black screen for eternity and I get this message.

I have no idea what the Hell this means

In addition, I'm fairly certain that this would happen when I get the real game too. Please help me?
"I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I'm afraid I don't know the problem, but I find it rather unlikely you'll get the same message with the real game. I've often found demo versions buggier and more unstable than the final versions. Anyway, I suggest you first patch up both Fallouts if they already aren't patched.

You could also try installing the demo elsewhere.
drochfhuaimniú
SDF!
SDF!

Post by drochfhuaimniú »

VasikkA wrote:I'm afraid I don't know the problem, but I find it rather unlikely you'll get the same message with the real game. I've often found demo versions buggier and more unstable than the final versions.
True, very true.
Anyway, I suggest you first patch up both Fallouts if they already aren't patched.
Again. I think I'll just wait for the full versions and patch them before playing. Thanks for your help!
"I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Is it the old Junktown demo?
Ahh, those were the days.

If it is the old junktown demo it is quite likely buggy.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Our Host!