Word Filter

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

Turn off computer?

Turn off
41%
Stand by
No votes
Restart
12%
Cancel
47%

Total votes: 17

St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Due to being absent during the dac-perestrojka, I am now a sheep. Thank you.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

VasikkA wrote:
DarkUnderlord wrote:I count 1, 2... 3.. 5 replies that are for "some kind of action along the lines suggested".
I can only count 2 persons in the whole thread directly in favour of a word filter. Is that enough to draw a conclusion of the general opinion of the community?
No but this is the umpteenth thread in the Site Feedback forum imploring us to do "something" about the perceived "problem" that exists at DAC. A word filter was suggested and again, enough people seemed to think something need to be done. What am I supposed to do? Implement all the suggestions that get thrown up in here on how to solve the "DAC problem"? Obviously I can't. In fact, most times people can't even come up with a solution at all - yourself included. So I implemented what was suggested, in this case it was a word filter, to see if that would solve "the problem".

Now you want me to take it out again? Why? It's solved the "problem" hasn't it? The "problem" being the over-use of certain words. Those words now can't be used! Wasn't that the problem? Haven't I "solved" the "problem"?
VasikkA wrote:Many agree that some action should be taken, some even suggested alternative methods, but the overall impression is that this was a hasty decision.
Well, you pick an alternative method that suits you and I'll implement that after a week of umming and erring about whether to implement it or not.
VasikkA wrote:
Some of those people who asked for it are even well-known members of the community, who's word simply must hold more weight than a user who hasn't been as active anywhere near as much.
Both of them who directly supported this idea are now asshatted, well-known members of the community or not.
Yeah, funny about that too.
VasikkA wrote:
Now I should wait until a suggestion is greeted with over-whelming acceptance before I do anything about it? Perhaps a poll on the front page for every suggestion and if get 80 votes and more than 50% of the community wanting something, it's implemented? Maybe we could establish a committee...
If that helps in forming a general opinion, why not. I do not see how a simple yay/nay vote of community issues would hurt.
Should we make a poll about everything?
VasikkA wrote:I'm still in favour of direct actions against certain individuals who simply fail to post anything reasonable, whether it's intentional or not.
Okay. As I said to POOPERSCOOPER, you name them and I'll asshat them. So, as Smiley asked, who are you going to name?
VasikkA wrote:If there aren't any 'problems', then what are we whining about?
So there's no problem now? Sheesh! I wish people would make up their minds.
VasikkA wrote:Megatron, ApTyp, Sauron, Naked_Lunch and even hat_man are capable of typing decent posts, but the problem is that they've had the possibility to post whatever they want and they've utilized that possibility; thanks to absolutely no moderating at all, until recently.
... wait. So there is a problem then? Are you sure this time?
VasikkA wrote:I assume all asshats are warned... ?
So far they haven't been.
Naked_Lunch wrote:
VasikkA wrote:If there aren't any 'problems', then what are we whining about? Megatron, ApTyp, Sauron, Naked_Lunch and even hat_man are capable of typing decent posts, but the problem is that they've had the possibility to post whatever they want and they've utilized that possibility; thanks to absolutely no moderating at all, until recently. I wouldn't ban anyone right now as that'd be dumb, but time will show if they can heed the warnings. I assume all asshats are warned... ?
I'm not an asshat D:
YOU ARE NOW!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

No I'm not D;
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

We dont have to name people to be asshatted. Who ever makes a post that starts a funnel of posts that get smaller and smaller until there is no meaning behind them other than call the other person a flower or flower or some shit. Get rid of the posts and warn the posters.

I dont see why you have to be so cut and dry, cowboy. If you dont want to spend the time to weed through the jungle than get someone else to do it. FMF NEEDS YOU.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Half those people in asshat dont deserve it. Every elected asshat should be discussed in this forum before a decision is made.
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:We dont have to name people to be asshatted.
Will you make up your mind already?
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Who ever makes a post that starts a funnel of posts that get smaller and smaller until there is no meaning behind them other than call the other person a flower or flower or some shit. Get rid of the posts and warn the posters.
You know, I did that and ApTyp had a go at me...
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I dont see why you have to be so cut and dry, cowboy. If you dont want to spend the time to weed through the jungle than get someone else to do it.
The Managementâ„¢ are currently reviewing the lack of moderation at Duck and Cover and developing a coherent management plan. As part of the review process possible solutions have been implemented and their outcome discussed. This review is now drawing to a close.

It is likely that all currently asshated members will be given a reprieve after the new rules are made public. We anticipate that once the rules are clearly established, people will be "happier" and Duck and Cover will be a bright happy place that you can bring your parents and your girlfriend.

At this point in time, all word filters have been removed and polls have been re-enabled for registered users in all forums. The Managementâ„¢ will be making a more detailed announcement about this issue shortly.
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:FMF NEEDS YOU.
No, not really. I just have to pop by once or twice a day to say "yes" or "no" to a few things.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Our Host!