Word Filter

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

Turn off computer?

Turn off
41%
Stand by
No votes
Restart
12%
Cancel
47%

Total votes: 17

hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Yeah that wouldnt work, many posters would not be able to post there replys if its a minimum word thing in there, you steal our freedom
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

DarkUnderlord wrote:One smiley and single word replies are next on the hit list.

I'm thinking of a minimum "words per post" which I can code into the forums. Aren't enough words in your post? Post won't go through! Anyone that adds filler content to try and bypass it will also be asshated.
This is a very bad idea.
First, one emoticon used well says a lot more than a whole paragraph full of shit. Think of *a user of this forum*'s posts.
Second, one of the things that makes DAC DAC, and a vital one, is the freedom we get here. Word filter was already a bad sign. Further restrictions? We're going to be worse than NMA. I mean what's next, banning people for not saying "good morning everyone" at the beginning of each post?

I already don't feel as comfortable at DAC as I used to (thanks to the word filter and your 'plans for the future')

Things that you want to fight, dear Undie, should be fought by means of discussion, overpowering the uwitty with superior intellect, and -as a last resort- asshatting, and in severe cases banning.

I agree with Vasikka's idea to "asshat someone just for generally being an idiot" instead of implementing filters which lead us dangerously in the direction of a totalitarian state.
Bah, call it whatever you want, It just sucks.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

hat_man99 wrote:Yeah that wouldnt work, many posters would not be able to post there replys if its a minimum word thing in there, you steal our freedom
It's quite easy actually, just fill up the rest of your posting with totally unrelated matter, business as usual, eh?

But nonetheless I totally agree with PiP, it's already like the NMA pandora's box has been opened, we'll be doomed if this draws further circles :aiee:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Perhaps we should make a new thread in GD about this but anyway;

You are wrong. DAC isn't just some wacky, zany comedy place where people can just post smileys or a single word. It's a forum like any other, so why not treat it as one instead of shitting all over it then trying to flush it even further down the toilet?

I wouldn't even mind if this place became like NMA as at least there'd be something to read instead of waiting for a reply with more than 5 coherant words that pops up every other week. What is the point in spamming all the time if it's not funny or interesting or really anything. It's just total buttfuck.

And it's also pretty dumb saying it's your freedom to smash your face against the keyboard then click submit about 3 times so you get a triple post. Perhaps it's also the admins freedom to make you not keep writing crap on their forums? If you find it such a terrible offense to your values as a jerk you could always either leave or make a thread in the trashcan about it LOL :CHEW:

FUCK YEAH
:chew:
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Well let's see where this goes. There is a lot of spam, and DU seems to have decided to cut it down - good for DU :) And from what I can see, the word filter just kills some of the 'humerous' racist stuff that's posted, which really isn't a loss to anyone.

And you're all congoids.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

cumbucket D;
PiP

Post by PiP »

Megatron wrote: instead of shitting all over it then trying to flush it even further down the toilet?(...) What is the point in spamming all the time if it's not funny or interesting or really anything. It's just total buttfuck.
it's not about what we fight with, it's about methods.
I wouldn't even mind if this place became like NMA
why do you choose DAC then?
And it's also pretty dumb saying it's your freedom to smash your face against the keyboard then click submit about 3 times so you get a triple post.
I couldn't agree more.
Perhaps it's also the admins freedom to make you not keep writing crap on their forums?
so it's their forum? :? :no:
PiP

Post by PiP »

I've made a POLL about this matter, thought it'd be a good thing.
LINK

Also, maybe we sould move the discussion there since this thread is about word filter alone; not sure - it could probably stay here.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

PiP wrote:so it's their forum? :? :no:
Apparently.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

I've also decided to get tougher on what I deem to be "stupid posts". Rabidpeanut is the first to be asshated under this new policy.

I've also decided to make meaningless polls that are irrelevant to the topic an asshtable offence to and to make this policy retro-active. Megatron is now in asshats and can stay there until he's learnt his lesson.
Thor Kaufman wrote:
hat_man99 wrote:Yeah that wouldnt work, many posters would not be able to post there replys if its a minimum word thing in there, you steal our freedom
It's quite easy actually, just fill up the rest of your posting with totally unrelated matter, business as usual, eh?
I would view off-topic content to be a deliberate attempt to bypass the minimum word count and you would therefore be asshated. All threads must be kept on topic, otherwise it's just spam.
S4ur0n27 wrote:
PiP wrote:so it's their forum? :? :no:
Apparently.
This is a one word reply which is now deemed unacceptable. You can stay in asshats until you've learnt your lesson.
PiP wrote:First, one emoticon used well says a lot more than a whole paragraph full of shit. Think of *a user of this forum*'s posts.
Second, one of the things that makes DAC DAC, and a vital one, is the freedom we get here. Word filter was already a bad sign. Further restrictions? We're going to be worse than NMA. I mean what's next, banning people for not saying "good morning everyone" at the beginning of each post?
How DARE you accuse me of being a FASCIST? You little whiney shit. I was willing to let you go but I just saw your BLATANT disregard for the word filter. You can stay in asshats for the rest of the month until you learn not to criticise your superiors.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

DarkUnderlord wrote:I've also decided to make meaningless polls that are irrelevant to the topic an asshtable offence to and to make this policy retro-active. Megatron is now in asshats and can stay there until he's learnt his lesson.
Do tell, DU, have you ever seen a forum poll that wasn't worthless garbage? Surely it'd be easier to disable polls altogether than to allow people to walk into this trap of yours?
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

Okay guys, it's clear that the admins are trying to "lern us a lessun" so we can either sit back and let it blow over (unless DU actually gets his rocks off by being an asshole) or stage a bloody coup d'etat.

Personally, I could go either way.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Atoga for Admin. Doesn't that just seem right?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Okay, this has to be some kind of joke. [Three-letter word denoting someone of the Jewish faith] isn't a racial slur. It shouldn't be on the filter list. "But--" No. Just because one or two posters use the word in a racist way does not make the word itself racist.

And the one-word response thing? Sorry, but sometimes one word can sum up your emotion on a particular issue much more succinctly than an entire paragraph.

How DARE we accuse you of being a FASCIST? See above. I get where you're coming from, but you're crossing a line.
Last edited by Subhuman on Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Shut up, jew.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Half those people in asshat dont deserve it. Every elected asshat should be discussed in this forum before a decision is made.

We need a set of rules or something instead of DU's discretion.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Honestly, though, this shit is just stupid. DAC has always been an impulsive, "rule of the people"-type place with a minimum of control. Asshat people who aren't constructively spamming, ie. who just have one-trick posts (Kahgan for instance), but leave people like Susan and Megatron alone, because their spam helps to make things more interesting and it's good to read.
Dark Underlord wrote:I would view off-topic content to be a deliberate attempt to bypass the minimum word count and you would therefore be asshated. All threads must be kept on topic, otherwise it's just spam.
That's idiotic. Discussions naturally evolve, and move from one topic to the next (especially discussions on DAC). Sometimes they degenerate into name-calling and stuff, and in that case a split is necessary, though often a topic will get hijacked (ie. the Picture Thread) but will still remain interesting. Let it be.

Edit: Also, PiP didn't actually do anything bad. He pointed out that neg is inoffensive (a truism). He criticized you (to which you replied by insulting him), but he was still being constructive. If you're powertripping, maybe you should consider that no one really cares all that much, and if you don't cave then the people here will just move to another forum or stop posting altogether. You're missing out on the novelty of DAC. It's a lot more interesting than other internet forums because it's ultra-offensive and not ultra-nerdy. Comprende?

In conclusion, be a little less rigid?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

My eyes are open. Such a waste. :drunk:
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

atoga wrote:ultra-offensive
More like offensive-lite. The Anti Oppression Federation has always been the number one Fallout-related offensive place, ever since Bullock made it as a result of Interplay Fallout board oppression!

Where'd this whole Asshat-usergroup thing come from anyway? And is its name ripped-off from the 4-year old Asshelmets.com, lovingly nicknamed Asshats by many of its frequenters?
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote: We need a set of rules or something instead of DU's discretion.
We do have a set of rules that were suspended in the hopes of a relaxed & self regulating forum. This is DaC & didnt work out well. Folks have been crying out for help for some time. DU decided to answer a little stronger than I'd have liked but, I assume it's to make a point & things will settle down into a hopefully semi regulated & more self regulating flow.

Ever heard the old adage "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it?" Time to grit teeth & take the lesson. In the meantime it's time to conscider what you wish for now?
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Our Host!