Word Filter

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

Turn off computer?

Turn off
41%
Stand by
No votes
Restart
12%
Cancel
47%

Total votes: 17

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

You're digging your own grave hatman.

swell guy(negro=black) and congoid are established terms, but often misunderstood as racist. I see no problem here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

swell guy isn't racist? Fuck off.

It's not that the words are racist, just overused. We had a smiley filter for D: as it was overused, why not the same words used over and over again.
:chew:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I was being sarcastic. I doubt a word filter would be an effective solution to raise the level of discussion here. People will come up with new words instead. What we need is less idiots(or better moderating). GD should be spam-free.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

"negro" and "negroid" aren't offensive, "swell guy" is. :blahblah:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

VasikkA wrote:You're digging your own grave hatman.

swell guy(negro=black) and congoid are established terms, but often misunderstood as racist. I see no problem here.
yup, it's like with "Guns don't kill people, rappers do"

Words are innocent, m8, don't imprison them
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Oooh... I'm an Australoid.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Naked_Lunch is the only one who uses those words regularly anyway (and by "regularly" I mean "three times per post"). Ban him.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

thanks whoever put the word filter in you are a true hawaiin patriot :patriot:
:chew:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Congoi<i>d</i>.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Anyone who deliberately flouts the word filter gets to be an asshat for the rest of the month.

It is requested that all violations of the filter be reported to me via this thread, with links to the offending thread.

Please note: Any posts in The Wastelands don't count. You may use whatever the fuck language you want in there.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:We need someone neutral and not always getting into shit. Maybe a lurker like Jenn or Insane_Lurker
That's the worst idea. We need mods that are part of the community, to mod the community.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

DarkUnderlord wrote:Anyone who deliberately flouts the word filter gets to be an asshat for the rest of the month.

It is requested that all violations of the filter be reported to me via this thread, with links to the offending thread.

Please note: Any posts in The Wastelands don't count. You may use whatever the fuck language you want in there.
There's a word for people like you - it's "hitleroid". Or "clintonoid", take your pick. Nothing good will come out of filtering/moderation attempts.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Naked_Lunch should become mod or better yet admin.
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

Subhuman wrote:Naked_Lunch is the only one who uses those words regularly anyway (and by "regularly" I mean "three times per post"). Ban him.
Excuse me, fine sir? While I may have used such vulgar and positively outlandish language far in the past, that period in my life has passed. I am changed man, I no longer will plumb the innermost depths of one's dark and twisted imagination to simply post
congoids D;
No! I will not succumb to such pedistrian behaviors and modes of thought,

Good day, sir!
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I, as a carnivore, am greatly offended by the term flower.
DarkUnderpants wrote:It is requested that all violations of the filter be reported to me via this thread, with links to the offending thread.
Ha, that aint going to work. Unless you want to be known as an informer.

The language usually reflects the forum users mentality in general so without idiots roaming on the forums, problems like this wouldn't exist. It'd be better to asshat someone just for generally being an idiot. A swearword or two doesn't necessarily make a post worse. It depends a lot of the context. Because of that, I'm in principle against of a word filter. But if the discussions aren't moderated then why bother at all.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Well, it's not really informing. It's just pointing me out to public posts which I might not notice.

Oh and the word filter is just the beginning guys. I'm going to be a lot tougher on all your arses. One smiley and single word replies are next on the hit list.

I'm thinking of a minimum "words per post" which I can code into the forums. Aren't enough words in your post? Post won't go through! Anyone that adds filler content to try and bypass it will also be asshated.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The "Forums" button should be placed under "Hosted Site" instead of "Community".

By the way, I just remembered I could switch to the Roach template on the main site, and it rocks. The POTW is a bit fucked, though, it's larger than it should be.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Brilliant. :drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

S4ur0n27 wrote:
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:We need someone neutral and not always getting into shit. Maybe a lurker like Jenn or Insane_Lurker
That's the worst idea. We need mods that are part of the community, to mod the community.
no ur worst idea ever. The thing is if you give a regular poster mod powers they tend to post differently and be less opinionated, so its like asshatting a regular. If you put a regular as mod and they dont turn more nuteral then you have a lot of fights and POWAH abuse name calling.

Also, if you going to use the word filter atleast kinda make it relate to the word its filtering.

maybe like swell guy= black
congoid= jungle black

or someting I dont know.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Don't do the minimum word count thing. That shit drives me nuts.
Our Host!