Some requests

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Some requests

Post by ApTyp »

I'm urging everyone to stop the practice of needlessly duplicating weapons and ammo template info in cases when the item in question is present in both Fallout and Fallout 2. Don't do it. Just say the weapon exists in both games. If weapon stats are different, create a new article, such as "Sniper Rifle (Fallout Tactics)", and add a line saying that another item with the similar name exists in Fallout Tactics, and provide the link. That way, the item articles can be broken down based on the actual items - not item names.

We also need another template for Tactics ammo - the one we use for FO1/2 won't do. Unfortunately I don't know a lot about how Tactics handles ammo, so the template I'll write may be relying on incorrect assumptions.

Also, concerning the inability to rename uploaded images - Ausir, see your talk page. I see no reason why we can't do that.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

On the first point - eventually we'll have to use Disambiguation pages instead of just pointing the user to another article.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

I'd say that if the weapon is the same but has different stats, we should just add the Tactics stats at the bottom of the article instead of creating a new article.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Well, since what you say is the way it stays, maybe you should do weapon stats from now on.
Our Host!