Videos from copyrighted content on DAC

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Videos from copyrighted content on DAC

Post by ApTyp »

I was thinking of all the movies that have scenes of nuclear explosions in them - Terminator 2 and such. My idea was that, with the proliferation of DVDs, one could relatively easily rip the scenes, resize and encode them to proper format, and upload the resulting video files to some storage.

Naturally, there are concerns. One - where would we put up the videos? Who's going to pay for the download traffic? Two - the movie companies can serve DAC with C&D letters, effectively destroying efforts of many people who struggled to bring the video to others. Third - is there even an interest in such a project among the management and the visitors?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The third point should be the first : I hardly see any use for that D: It's pretty rare that I go "Hey, I'd like to see a 30 seconds long scene of a nuke".
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

You've seen one nuke, you've seen them all.

I do have the T2 DVD though.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Do you have any special plans for that footage or is it just for fun? I've got loads of nuclear test images on my hard drive taken from some interweb sites. I use them for screen saver. Anyway, I fail to see the point here as DAC mainly focuses on gaming.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

We can put them in the gallery. The gallery can handle movie files as well you know. Space and bandwidth aren't issues.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Id DL them......explosions are fun.

::runs off to find when next hand grenade qualification for his unit is::
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Dr. Strangelove, Trinity and Beyond(magnificent nuke footage), US/Soviet propaganda movies etc.

While they aren't Fallout, they are closely related to post-apoc/atomic bombs and definitely worth watching if you're interested in that stuff. There might be copyright issues with them, however, but at least they're worth a mention in the wiki.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

If not, DAC could covertly facilitate P2P email transfers of them.
Our Host!