First public test of L.I.M.O.N. Fallout2 mod

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
dvukomanovic
SDF!
SDF!

First public test of L.I.M.O.N. Fallout2 mod

Post by dvukomanovic »

Hello guys,
I'm making a mode with project name "Landing in the middle of nowhere", and I have relesed a public test for new weapons. You can download it here. Heh, my English is not what it used to be...sorry for that!
Anyway, please post your comments here.

Have Fun and Tnx!
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Hm, could you perhaps post some screenshots?
dvukomanovic
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dvukomanovic »

Ok, here you go:

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Any ways of having a more detailed description of the mod? It looks like quality.
dvukomanovic
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dvukomanovic »

Thx! :)

Well, i have a story in mind, and written in serbian, so i guess you'll have little use of it. Here's the story:

After ending of FO2 new goverment unites whole region and one again the United states are formed. On the other side of the world, Chine is another growing-in-power civilization. They both want the same thing, more resourses, territory and world economic domination. In their expansions they meet on the location of Balkan (East Europe). Thet's where the conflict starts. our hero is the ambasadore of diplomatic and his mision is to go to china and ... (what's the word for finding the understanding) with their leader. His Vertibird is taken down during his flyt (sp) and he wakes up in the unknow land... That's the begining of the game :) sorry if i bored you whid my lack of knowing languge... :flamed:
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

How are you gonna change time frame in fallout 2? As far as i know its just not doable. Simply cause that clock only goes for 13 certain years. When it hits them it can only start from scratch by rewinding wich creates ultra lag. But changing time is kinda imposible. Plus headers do not work unless they are in Master.dat file wich prevents you from changing anything game wise (combat system, time speed and so on). Than there is plenty of stuff that is hardcoded in to the Fallout 2.exe file wich is illegal to hack and distribute. Some examples would be that your screen allways starts at Aroyyo first time you enter the world map. That you must start in Arroyo map with no pipboy and than attach it with a script.

My best advice is to start working around the engine instead of trying to form the engine around your ideas. Cause you will simply just give up after couple of frustrating attempts to make a mod.
dvukomanovic
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dvukomanovic »

well, i'm more of the graphic kind of guy.
All that scripting and hacking stuff are far from my knoledge. I hope i'll learn some of it. Most of my ideas are based on how FO works. If the time IS most important for the game, then why bother making all the pretty pictures if you know what i mean :giggle: . So, I'll do what i can, i'll give my best that's for sure...

Here's some new background screenshots:

Image Image

Here's even more updating sceenshots, this is for interface changes:

dvukomanovic
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dvukomanovic »

Here's somthing new for all you fallout hungry freaks 8) :P
Somthing I'm making in 3dsmax:

Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

I really hope thats not a new armor you are making. Cause making new armor you will need about 14000 of those pictures. If its just new monster that doesnt wield any guns or anything than we are talking about 4-7000 pictures. Well its up to you but its better if i warn you. Miran realised that after drawing 100 pictures of a guy in a Matrix looking coat that could wield laser sabre.
dvukomanovic
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dvukomanovic »

Well, I know what I am up against... well first part of a job is making animation in 3dsmax, after that pics are automaticlly generated so i don't have to worry about that. :joy: :joy: :joy:
But tnx for warrning anyway!

Heres one in-game screenshot of a dude:

ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

So far, this looks pretty nice...I'm looking forward to more info and a full version.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The screenshots look interesting. The main menu screen is a map of Bulgaria. Are you going to change the world map and make completely new locations or just modify the current game? It sounds like a lot of work. Like with all mods, you need a lot of time, motivation and luck to finish the project. I wish you good luck.
TheBigLebowski
SDF!
SDF!

yo

Post by TheBigLebowski »

Impressed.

I hope you are still working on this : )
Jim Lahey : Who in this park, or even in the whole world, doesn't have problems? Who doesn't have a drink too many times once in a while and maybe even winds up passed out in their own driveway, pissing themselves? Who doesn't drink too much sometimes or who doesn't have a puff from time to time? And who doesn't have problems with the people they love? This is our home. This is our community.

Sunnyvale For Life!
Dodger
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dodger »

Haris wrote:How are you gonna change time frame in fallout 2? As far as i know its just not doable. Simply cause that clock only goes for 13 certain years. When it hits them it can only start from scratch by rewinding wich creates ultra lag. But changing time is kinda imposible. Plus headers do not work unless they are in Master.dat file wich prevents you from changing anything game wise (combat system, time speed and so on). Than there is plenty of stuff that is hardcoded in to the Fallout 2.exe file wich is illegal to hack and distribute. Some examples would be that your screen allways starts at Aroyyo first time you enter the world map. That you must start in Arroyo map with no pipboy and than attach it with a script.

My best advice is to start working around the engine instead of trying to form the engine around your ideas. Cause you will simply just give up after couple of frustrating attempts to make a mod.
its doable and very simple at that. just takes a bit of hex editing, just a few lines. gonna look it up and get back to you. im not a coder, but i remember it posted back on intergay boards.

great work dvukomanovic, keep us updated.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

To begin with hex editing opens it free for interplay to take legal actions against you. And removing time limit with hex editing is still not doable cause clock in f2 cant go beyond 13 years. It just rewinds to start when it passes that limit. Allso if you would rewind time to go before the start time lets say just 1 days just when you started the game it actually sets it self 13 years forward, so clock on the worldmap actually only has those 13 years.

And rewinding time auto exicutes end game movie no mather what date in game you do it or how much time you rewind. I have done tons of experiment with time in f2 by making scripts that both rewind and forward time just to see what happens. We wanted to make in Wasteland merc a time machine that would rewind 1 months time for 1000 botlecaps price and that just didnt work. It rewinded time and than end movie was played.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

I don't think that you're going to have to worry about Interplay ( :aiee: ) suing you for messing around with some .exe file in a hex editor.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You just can't know where Hervé's madness will stop.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Haris wrote:To begin with hex editing opens it free for interplay to take legal actions against you.
Interplay can't even comply with the SEC. I doubt very much that you have anything to worry about.

This mod does look good though.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

*Thumbs up* I will follow this mod's developement.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Still hex editing the .exe file wont help you cause there is nothing to hex edit. You can posebly remove the playing of end movie. But time will still go 13 years than rewind to game start date and than if it cant display end movie crash the game.

Thats all i am saying. I have so far seen way to many mods promising fallout mod set in some time before or after fallout 2 time. And thats just plane imposible to do.
Our Host!