Morrowind with Guns

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

MrSmileyFaceDude wrote:It's amazing how much you guys know about Fallout 3 already, when we haven't said anything about it. :)
Silence is incriminating. We only have your last ventures into the RPG universe to judge on.
Fallout is not Elder Scrolls, and Elder Scrolls is not Fallout.
Amen.
See, we know that, too. Did you know that Bethesda also makes drag racing games? And we've made bowling games, Terminator games, adventure games, multiplayer combat games, all kinds of things that are totally different from Elder Scrolls RPGs. I think we're a bit more flexible than you give us credit for.
As I mentioned above, Fallout is an RPG. Therefore we'll take stabs at you based on your track record of RPGs. You guys fucked the pooch on Sea Dogs of the Caribbean and I will hate you eternally for that. And I still haven't been sufficiently assured that the ass cam has been made extinct. Would it be that much more difficult to maybe give us an OVER THE SHOULDER third person cam? You still get to keep your third person OMG LOOK AT MY AWESOME ARMOR view plus I get to actually see what's ahead of me and hell, maybe a swivel on that cam to let me get a peak at my surroundings. But hey you can't tell us anything yet... right? right?
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

MrSmileyFaceDude wrote: Did you know that Bethesda also makes drag racing games? And we've made bowling games, Terminator games, adventure games, multiplayer combat games, all kinds of things that are totally different from Elder Scrolls RPGs. I think we're a bit more flexible than you give us credit for.
tell me, the engine of which game is Fallout3 going to have? And which of your recent games is the same genre (RPG)?
MrSmileyFaceDude
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by MrSmileyFaceDude »

Let's revisit this subject after folks have had a chance to play Oblivion.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Fallout 3 is going to be Oblivion with guns? D;
MrSmileyFaceDude
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

ApTyp wrote:Fallout 3 is going to be Oblivion with guns? D;
Well, it'll be built on Oblivion technology, not Morrowind technology, at the very least.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

not that I'm as pessimistic as the rest around 'ere, but err, is Fallout3 going to be as bad as POTC? because that game sucked, well, what I got to play of it did, at least, now it's stuck on me harrd drive...it won't go away, I can uninstall and uninstall, it's still there, HUZZAH :drunk:
soph, if it's becoming like that then....urgh....well, ...I just had to increas my post count so...generally pay no attention....
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
MrSmileyFaceDude
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Bethesda didn't develop Pirates of the Caribbean. That was Akella. Bethesda just published the game in the US.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

yarrrrrrrrr
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

In case you haven't seen it...

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

(Oblivion Trailer)
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Whoa! DIFFUSE GLOW OVERLOAD!!!
Seriously, turn it down, everything is good in moderation.
MrSmileyFaceDude
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

All visuals are being and will continue to be tweaked until the game is released.

Oh one cool thing -- the HDR lighting settings can vary cell by cell -- so you can have a fairy tale woods with lots of glow or a stark cavern with none. And since it's HDR and not static bloom lighting, the amount changes depending on the amount of light, time of day if you're outside, how bright/specular/reflective the objects being lit are, etc., even how long you look at them. It ends up being very realistic.

But there's an .ini setting to turn it off completely, too :)
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Ho ho
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

No-no, I don't want to turn it off completely. I just don't want to stare at the bloom glow for half an hour as I tour the countryside.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Aonaran wrote:Still more "Prerelease bullshit"

http://www.gamesplanet.be/index.php?mai ... 5OqEhh8AZ2
That's exactly what it is. I hope BethSoft is paying you to propogate their shitty PR fluff pieces about the web.

They don't like to talk about their games but fuck, they sure have released a lot of previews and interviews. :clap: I <3 double speak.

and MSFD, I'm not wasting my money on Oblivion. I made that mistake with Morrowind and its expansions. Still it sits, I've installed it twice. Uninstalled it twice. Longest stay was the latest, all of one week. Yeah, its a big world. But its not interesting. IT HAS NO SOUL.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

It's worth it for the small contributions to your impending aneurysm alone.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

MrSmileyFaceDude wrote:Well, it'll be built on Oblivion technology, not Morrowind technology, at the very least.
Just out of curiousity, how long did it take to develop the Oblivion technology?
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

When people buy this game, what are we going to do about the influx of retards that will say the originals are crap and look like horseshit?

You know they will.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Who cares what they think. Shit, I don't even care what you think! :drunk:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

[HpA]SniperPotato wrote:When people buy this game, what are we going to do about the influx of retards that will say the originals are crap and look like horseshit?
Maybe they're right? Everyone's entitled to an opinion. And everyone is entitled to ignore an opinion. Of course, knowing the atmosphere here in DAC, their visit to the forums will be short-lived. No word filters can prevent that.

Fallout 3 is still in pre-production and given the curse is still in effect, I wouldn't be surprised if we wont see another Fallout for a long while.
Our Host!