[Moby] Ender throws Bean into volcano after killing T-1000

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

[Moby] Ender throws Bean into volcano after killing T-1000

Post by Megatron »

http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/en ... pdate.html
David Benioff, the writer of the screenplay for Wolfgang Petersen's 2004 epic Troy, has been signed by Warner Bros. to pen the script for the movie Ender's Game.

Benioff will work with his writing partner, DB Weiss, in close cooperation with Petersen, who is developing Ender's Game with the intent of directing it himself.

The screenplay will be based on Orson Scott Card's novels Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.

Says Card, "Mr. Benioff proved with Troy that he could adapt a long work to fit the brevity of film, while preserving what is most powerful and effective in the original."

Any film of Ender's Game will be heavily dependent on special effects, says Card, "but it's the characters that the audience must care about for the film to succeed."

"I have every expectation that he and Mr. Weiss will be able to create a screenplay that will distill the strong characters and moral dilemmas of the novel into an exciting film that will justify the huge expense involved in filming it," said Card.

Benioff also adapted his own novel, 25th Hour, into a screenplay for the Spike Lee-directed 2002 film that starred Edward Norton.
FYI
:chew:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

FYI, I regard the Ender series as rather banal. :drunk:
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

I wouldn't consider Ender's Game banal at all.
The first book in the series was the first book I had seen to create a relatively entertaining story with a great plot twist that actually fit.
It built up to the plot twist instead of feeling like it was just thrown in at the last minute.

I get the feeling your taste in literature is sorrowly lacking Blargh.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Isn't "Ender's Game" another stupid "kid power" shit?
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

ApTyp wrote:Isn't "Ender's Game" another stupid "kid power" shit?
From the mouth of someone who has never read the book.

Once I figure out what the fuck you mean by "kid power" i'll tell you.
Since it does involve children, I would assume you would consider it some stupid "kid power" shit because you are an unread fuckwit.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Oh my! I'm overwhelmed by MFG's anger! Watch me defecate in my underwear!

Kids are dumb and inexperienced. Any notion that kids have any sort of power is retarded. You are retarded. Okay?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:I wouldn't consider Ender's Game banal at all.
At a stretch I think it could be said to be enjoyable (though not by me, alas), if you can look past it being ultimately bland and unmemorable. The characters were for the most part one dimensional and transparent of agenda, the language simplistic ('twas rather ironic, or so I thought at the time), the narrative was stagnant and I anticipated the 'plot twist' early on. It left me cold, so to write.

Opinions are such fickle things.

We agree to disagree, at best. Much more fun that way.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:I get the feeling your taste in literature is sorrowly lacking Blargh.
I rarely ruminate upon the subject of my taste in books, Mandy. Conjecture on your part, conjecture you are entitled to, however misguided and sorrowfully wrong it may be.
ApTyp wrote:Watch me defecate in my underwear!
No thank you. :drunk:
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Troy was pretty much shit, so I wouldn't mention that too loudly if I were this Petersen dude. Otherwise this ought to be alright.

Aptyp, it's not traditional KID POWER! shit. It's more like taking kids and turning them into adults as soon as possible. There's no scenes where the childlike innocence of the characters saves the day because they believe in Santa Claus or anything.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Sum this "Ender's Game" hassle in four words.

Please.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Weary, trite, inane twaddle.

You are welcome. :drunk:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

lord of the flies in space

though the movie will be peter pan in space.

Ender: Bean, come here my old friend. I want to fight Bonzo, naked and slippery.
Bean: Hmm okay if you want to fight Bonzo that means you're going to kill all the buggers in the Formic wars lol.
Ender: GAK...MY CUP RUNNETH OVER!
Pantera: I love you Ender. Allah Ackbar.
Bean: I love you to. get to da choppah!
Bonzo: huh ese my spanish honour just got kicked into my bladder oof
:chew:
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

Kashluk wrote:Sum this "Ender's Game" hassle in four words.

Please.

Having escaped extinction in a hard-fought war against alien invaders, the world's policy makers decide to institute a program where promising children are trained from infancy to command in battle, in the hopes that one might be able to ruin the shit of the aliens in a pre-emptive strike on their homeworld.

Why say in four words what can be said in a paragraph? Call me crazy, but I'm looking forward to the movie, so long as it's not anything like Troy, and they don't pick an annoying little bitchkid to play Ender.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Kewl. Veri kewl.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Sounds like TITAN A.E. or something.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

What's wrong with Titan A.E.?
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Titan A.E. was what we in the know call a "completely shitty movie". Not only did it make no sense, the characters were annoying and the writing was awful.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

:cry:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It was an american-made anime movie with disney songs D:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, yeah, but I thought it was fairly entertaining :(
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I've always like watching kids interacting with each other, a bit like a child molester. Enders Game could make a good movie but putting Enders Shadow into it is kinda gay.

I wonder if they will use flying with wires or make it cgi. With wires some kids face will turn red when hes upside down and everyone will call it blasphemey.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Our Host!