Holy shit

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Holy shit

Post by ApTyp »

I'm an alchoholic. What's worse, being sober is boring. What do I do?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Continue as you were. No booze, no fun. :drunk:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I'm serious, dumb shit. I could lose my job.
Snoffy
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Snoffy »

You've to smoke tah herb, man.

No seriously, try absinthe or something.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Well, quitting drinking a no-brainer. But then, what next? Let's explore some alternatives to booze.
  • Jesus. Lots of people find religion to be an excellent substitute for alcohol as a way to cope with a cold, uncaring universe that just doesn't make any sense. If you like simple answers to difficult questions, not having to think about anything much and getting all your advice from a book written by people who died thousands of years ago, get religion!
  • Drugs. Well, this isn't much better, since depending on the drug, you'll end up with a similar or much worse problem. Still, this is an excellent choice if you are a loser or atoga.
  • A strong woman. Probably one of the better substitutes for alcohol as a best friend and source of comfort is a woman who cares about you. That said, since you're a drunken Russian programmer and homely as a mule, this is extremely unlikely.
  • Vigorous masturbation. This option is interesting because it is simultaneously a substitute for your lack of a strong woman described above. The only problem is that it only lasts until you get rashes. Horrible, horrible rashes.
  • Mercilessly spamming forums. This will certainly keep you busy, but will leave you only slightly less miserable in moments of self-reflection than you might be when you wake up in the cruel morning face down in a toilet filled with your own vomit, vaguely remembering a torrid night of intravenous vodka shooters some brief time ago.
  • Computer games. This might work as something to keep you busy and generally keep your mind off of booze in your free time, but the problem is that there's hardly anything worth playing. Of course, there's always Solitaire. Always... forever and ever, until you close your eyes and all you can see is playing cards. CARDS FOREVER! IN EVERY DIRECTION UNTO INFINITY! CARDS, I TELL YOU! CARDS!
  • Hanging yourself. This is probably the optimal solution, depending on your perspective. If the perspective is "you", then you'll be dead, which is inconvenient to say the least. If, however, the perspective is "me", you'll be dead and I won't have to listen to you complain about your alcohol problem anymore, which is just great.
  • Art. You might find solace in the throes of creation. Write a play, a novel or a TV show. Things about Victorian era British people living in total misery tend to be popular, or failing that, elves. Start by writing erotic fanfic for your favourite childhood cartoons--you'll find it disturbingly easy! In no time, you'll find yourself delivering literary cockpunches to Hemingway with your latest hugely popular novel, The Spanish Civil War Was For Candyasses.
However, the only really viable option is to wallow in self-pity, eventually crawling back to the bottle and finally dying of liver poisoning. It's what real men do.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Fuck you.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Did you appropriate that, Spazmo ? It does seem familiar. If so - where ? If not - nicely said ? Regardless, reasonably amusing, if hyperbolic. :drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Stop drinking. You'll feel lost at first but then you will regain your strength and became a woman once more.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

watch FightClub (again) and attend some sessions for alcoholics. (AA club meeting or something?)
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Start smoking.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

cut off your balls
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

You should at least try the AA. They will be able to talk you through options.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

ApTyp wrote:Fuck you.
Stop being such a cockswallower and stop drinking so much you pussy.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

No one understands me :(

Except maybe Killzig. But I don't like football.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Blargh wrote:Did you appropriate that, Spazmo ? It does seem familiar. If so - where ?
Having read approximately 98% of everything that has ever been written (I cannot stomach that atrocious Danielle Steele, who accounts for the remaining 2%), my subconscious may have salvaged it from something somewhere sometime by someone, but otherwise, no, pulled out of my ass live on demand.
If not - nicely said ? Regardless, reasonably amusing, if hyperbolic.
How kind.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

Finding another source of addiction to control your worthless and futile existence won't help. You'll have to accept the fact that you need to help yourself first, and do some personal sacrifices.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

So what, I should go soul surfing?
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

If by "soul surfing" you mean "go to an AA meeting".
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

well the first step is admitting it, in real life and not on the internet. the second step is not drinking. from there on i think it's pretty easy.
:chew:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I'll be fine, thank you.
Our Host!